1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Abortion

Discussion in 'Debates' started by Deinen, Apr 10, 2017.

1. EllieEllie

EllieEllie Staff Member Leadership

I got into some arguments about this on the last thread so I won't comment too much on this one but I will always be pro-choice. Each case is different and each woman should be able to make the decision on her own or with a significant other and have the support from her friends/partners/family.

2. Adam34falcon

Adam34falcon Celebrity Meeper

Only replying to this once because I don't like to debate with people on a Minecraft server. Pro-life. Most of the time (not all) it if your problem if you get pregnant or not. Most of the time it is up to you. Killing a baby is no different than killing anybody else. If you really can't have a kid, then put it up for adoption.

3. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

I believe abortion prevents what would naturally be an independent human being from coming to exist. Personally I would never have it, however the topic is so complex I would be uncomfortable opposing those views on anyone else.

cooey and Adam34falcon like this.
  4. CompletePotato

CompletePotato Popular Meeper

let a woman do what she wants

i mean its her choice weather she wants a human or not

its not like it already came out and you're like

"oh this boi is ugly kill it get it out my face" no its not like that or it'll be completely inhumane

5. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Does this same logic apply to a father? If he doesn't want a child, should he be able to walk away scot-free?

6. MeepLord27

MeepLord27 Popular Meeper

1) You are allowed to evict and murder tenants of your property if they don't pay.
    2) Babies don't pay you rent
    3) therefore you can evict and murder babies from your womb.

7. cooey

cooey Legendary Meeper

To whoever merged these threads - I specifically did NOT want it merged. That's why I created a new one...
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 15, 2018, Original Post Date: Apr 15, 2018 ---
    At what point would abortion not be ok?

8. WhoNeedsJimbo

WhoNeedsJimbo Popular Meeper

no?

9. iPolarFlame

iPolarFlame Popular Meeper

You obviously have never known anyone who was sexually assaulted. Would you want to carry and have birth to a child that was formed without your consent, and send the child to an adoption home where they will eventually find out that their Father is (hopefully) in prison and their mother was raped to conceive you? Ultimately its the parents choice, but mother and father arent equal in the aspect of abortion. The mother is carrying the child and if she really wants an abortion there is nothing the father can do.

10. cooey

cooey Legendary Meeper

Why not? The father had as much part in that child's creation as the mother did.

I think it would be really unfortunate, but they should still go through with giving birth to the child, and afterwards putting it up for adoption

11. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

Please have a baby with someone you love and wants to have a baby or adopt in this case

And please realize women are humans and not a carrot farm amd treat them like such

iPolarFlame and EllieEllie like this.
  12. cooey

cooey Legendary Meeper

I acknowledge that, but I believe both parents should have an equal say? is that wrong?

13. EllieEllie

EllieEllie Staff Member Leadership

@cooey muunkee had some good posts earlier on.

24 weeks is the legal cut off in England and can be extended in extreme circumstances if it endangers the mother or if the foetus will have an exceptionally poor quality of life.

All my views are earlier on in the thread.

cooey likes this.
  14. CasualNuker

CasualNuker Celebrity Meeper

I would say make it illegal because it is the act of murder and most nations 30 years ago didn’t do this The United States is the only Free nation that allows abortion Russia and Chine support this act of murder

15. MeepLord27

Prove it.

16. CasualNuker

CasualNuker Celebrity Meeper

17. MeepLord27

Read your own sources (lol wikipedia) and don't waste my time. You didn't even have to read anything - the first picture on the page disproves what you said.

cooey and EllieEllie like this.
  18. cooey

cooey Legendary Meeper

why? she consented?
    (I agree with the rest)

edit: I acknowledge that she is allowed to do it, but I don't agree with it

19. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

consented to sex? I mean you'll get it eventually, sex is pretty great, and it allows couples to bond. There's even articles and stuff that happy couples have sex once a week. ( Here's how often happy couples have sex )
    wanting to do the dirty doesn't necessarily mean that you want a kid.

You can say "get on birth control" all day long - Condoms are like 98% effective so there is a chance to get pregnant there, you could accidentally miss a pill or the pill just may not work (I couldn't take BC pills for awhile personally due to other prescription drugs making hormonal BC less effective than normal) and the morning after pill in case of "mistakes" doesn't work either. I think I"ve mentioned this earlier in the thread but it's worth mentioning again -- my roommate had a kid through a condom, through BC pills, AND through a morning after pill. Sometimes you can do everything right but the stars are just against you lol.

The only effective contraceptive is not having sex, which is true. And if you refuse to do an abortion personally due to religious reasons, all the more power to you. I just don't want someone else who needs/wants an abortion for any reason to be denied this because people are uncomfortable with it.

(I know I've posted this before too! but its worth a watch.)

This (Legalized abortion and crime effect - Wikipedia ) is also something to consider, while not proven, is a good factor.

iPolarFlame and cooey like this.