1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Abbythrowsstuff's Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by abbythrowsstuff, Jan 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abbythrowsstuff

abbythrowsstuff Celebrity Meeper

IGN: abbythrowsstuff
    Teamspeak: abbythrowsstuff
    Mic use: Yes
    Timezone: PST
    Hours online per weekday: 3-4
    HOurs online per weekend: 4-6
    Position changes: Helper->Mod

Introduction:
    Upon writing this application I searched the vast caves of my mind and the internet to find a quote that would sound unbelievably witty and funny, enough so to get you, young reader, to instantly be drawn into my application. Sadly I have failed in doing so…Anyways, hello friends, I’m your friendly neighborhood helper abbythrowsstuff, I’m that really weird girl who references things and talks non-stop on shout.

The Why:

Experience:
    I’ve been a helper for the past month or so, yeah nothing to really toot a horn at, a month isn’t long but, I’ve gotten over the hill. Even though I don’t know every command in the book, I’m getting close to knowing them…or at least I like to delude myself into thinking that I do. But, even before this server, I moderated on other servers such as funnyjunk, faction servers, etc. But, the most telling experiences I’ve had involving servers have come from Meepcraft.

Work Ethic:
    When I first started as a helper, I seriously put little value on modreqs, I more so liked doing /shout help and other things like that. So much so that I barely did them, then after my first week as helper I saw that I only had a mere 40 modreqs done. What did I do in response to that? Make it near impossible for any other helper/mod/super-mod to claim a modreq. (Sorry guys!) I didn’t want to seem like a slacker so I completely upped my work.

Dedication:
    This server is my only server, I can’t really sum up dedication in any other terms. Meepcraft is my home away from home, my safe haven, I love this server and I don’t plan to leave in the near future. I guess that’s my dedication.

Involvement:
    I try to keep myself fully involved in the community, constantly I creep around the forums, commenting and making sarcastic threads. I keep active in /shout and enjoy talking to people.

Weaknesses:
    Here’s the time where I admit the faults…you ready?

Teamspeak activity: Yeah, I know, I promised I would get this up in my helper application but the fact of the matter is old habits die hard, when I play minecraft I tend to just put on a show like American horror story, not go on teamspeak. Even when I am on I usually forget I have to push shift+j to talk and that really just creates some problems…

Schedule: My fatal flaw is my inability to say no, this gets me into various activities in school and with friends. “Oh you need that costume done? Well sure, I think I have some time in the 23 hours I’m already doing stuff!” or “You need one more member for your model UN trip? Okay…I guess I can learn everything about Uruguay and write a position paper on the bus.” As you can tell, my schedule can get pretty busy sometimes and I can’t always go on the server.

Grudges: Probably in the almost 2 years I’ve been playing this server, I’ve had a negative experience with you and I might not have forgotten that. I tend to hold grudges against players for doing some even minor actions against me. I’ve tried to let some go, and some I have successfully let go but, if you’re on that list still, I apologize and sometimes a bias shows through.

Conclusion:
    I always have issues concluding things, so lets make up some witty rhetoric to end this with?
    ….
    ….
    Crud, anyways, thanks for the consideration of my application and I hope to have a lovely future in meepcraft with all of you!

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2014
  2. ManUtdFTW11

ManUtdFTW11 Celebrity Meeper

#first
    Abby there's a lot of things I could say about how great you are but let's make this short.
    Kind.
    Helps everyone.
    Active ign
    Active in forums.
    O and the app was GREAT!
    +1

3. MeepStats

MeepStats Legendary Member

Any edits to resolve glitchy formatting in this application will be permitted.

4. abbythrowsstuff

Thank you blue, I'll try to fix the glitchiness and utter weirdness of my formatting soon! Even if I have to type it all again...

5. abbythrowsstuff

Format fixed by a sheer miracle; no further edits shall be made on the application :)

6. Flamedemond2

Flamedemond2 Highly flammable

image.jpg

Abby you're one of the best helpers on the team. You're mature, kind, helpful, dedicated, and regardless of your schedule you are still very active.

HUGE +yes

7. KyloMeep

KyloMeep Mipha's Grace

Hey Abby! I've got a couple of statements to make on this topic. To start off I've seen you in game quiet a lot. You have been active on both the server and team speak. Second off you are very mature from what I've seen of you in game. Also from what I've read you do have a very tight schedule. You still try very hard to get on the server. I would like to see you for an interview. From me this is a definite +1

8. chaos546

chaos546 Canadian Forums Stalker

+1 all the way.

You are an amazing person with an amazing application, amazing work, qnd amazing activity.

BooBear1227 likes this.
  9. adtheren

adtheren Popular Meeper

[​IMG]

anyways, +1.

You're nice and helpful. I really would like to see you as a mod.

10. MeGustaYou

MeGustaYou Popular Meeper

Although you're really cool, I'm going with a -1. It's nothing against you personally, I would just like to see you be helper for 2 more weeks. I don't think you are quite ready, at this moment, but there's no doubt in my mind that you would be ready in just 2 more weeks. Good luck, though. :)

cleansocks likes this.
  11. Lysseal

Lysseal Popular Meeper

I kind of agree with megusta, although I'm going to only give it a -0.5 since, you work well and you are a really nice person. Just wait 1-2 more weeks! Good luck.

12. UMADBRO?

UMADBRO? Well-Known Meeper

Please refer to MeGusta's post.

13. BooBear1227

BooBear1227 Sunflower | Always

Abby -

You are such an amazing Helper and you excel at everything you do. You are an outstanding individual and I wish you the best of luck!

+1

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
    Telinus likes this.
  14. mrli1

mrli1 Popular Meeper

Hi Abby,
    You need to be a tad more active in shout.
    Your app was good. +/-0.

15. 2klassy

2klassy Celebrity Meeper

When I used to play more frequently I noticed you liked to pick fights in shout. Or bring up debates with random people. I feel like you are one of the people who can't admit defeat.

cleansocks likes this.
  16. Qwikin

Qwikin Guest

If we based this application off of "picking fights in shout" which did happen in the past then there is absolutely no way I would ever be a staff member. But we put the past behind us :3. Anyways, as a person you actually have an excellent personality and I think that you could be great at the position it may be because I'm biased. But really, you've done great even though (and I know it's one of your weaknesses but I'm gonna mention it anyways) your TS activity could use a bit of work.

+1

BooBear1227 and chaos546 like this.
  17. PuckMiner

PuckMiner Celebrity Meeper

Honestly I must say I had my doubts at first but you really impressed me! However, I feel you could use a little bit more time at the helper position. I am a +0 for now. Good luck :)

18. diamondtree777

diamondtree777 Popular Meeper

This is off topic, but I haven't been on the server in like 3 days and megusta is a super mod now and Abby I predict will be a mod in a few days. The staff is upgrading dramatically!!!! :D

Now back to the app. It's a +1 for me. Full speed ahead!!! :D

19. abbythrowsstuff

Usually I try and avoid replying to these comments but, honestly that point is behind me. I understand that you aren't a super active member any more but, I try to avoid all conflict, I kinda preach love on the shout or I don't talk at all. So, yeah, I just feel like telling you I don't really do it anymore.

Telinus and BooBear1227 like this.
  20. 2klassy

2klassy Celebrity Meeper

You just tried to argue back at me after I just said you pick fights a lot

warriorcatgirl10 and cleansocks like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.