1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Best Posts in Thread: A Change in Direction

1. Qaztar

Qaztar Celebrity Meeper

A Change in Direction

Today I browsed through the forums, clicking on threads, posting on a few, looking at suggestions.

And I feel that some of the additions that are happening are just... in the wrong direction.
    We tried advertisements.
    We tried a new spawn.
    We tried hyping up donations.

These worked, but no where near enough. It's obvious that we need to focus our priorities.
    Advertisements worked the best. We simply need new players. That means better minigames.

As @Deinen said very well:
    "The answer it seems is to avoid spending thousands on advertisements, and new spawns until the games you host have content. Keep updating the game-modes, adding content, to keep your regular players here, and attract new ones. Doesn't matter how pretty your apple is when you're selling the same apples everyone else is. Get a better apple."

We need to get these minigames to be better. They need to be the main focus. Especially Halo, Infected, and Laserstrike. Halo is massively outdated. It's still using snowballs for heavens sake. The guns are hilariously messed up in when you unlock them and in their strength. People bounce around the map for the duration of the game. My halo suggestion was partially accepted, and the main parts were, but some weren't, which I still believe would be good additions and changes. Infected, is fun but a little dull. I haven't played too much, so I can't say a ton, but it's difficult to get into. Infected players, comment some good ideas. Not buffs and nerfs, but actual changes. And Laserstrike. Fun, new, updated plugins. But, as well as Infected, a little dull. Still fun though, it shouldn't be the priority.

But Halo, that's the priority. That should be the main focus. Its great for youtubers, its fun, its original. Imagine, just imagine, a updated Halo. One with cool new armors, balanced, cool looking guns. Cool audio. Better reloading *Edit: Not people randomly switching to holding a big R in their hand* . No more snowballs, no more frantically bouncing around swiping at each other with hammers and swords. Just imagine.

There are infinite possibilities. So many things we can do to improve the server, by using our big moderation team coupled with the architects and techs, all being showed off by the media team. We have a big staff team! All of this is possible. With enough dedication, enough work, we can get so many players back. A new spawn doesn't change that. Advertising? Worked. For a day. Then the new players slowly left. We need to get those players hooked. And I think that Halo is the fishing rod. (That was bad)

I care about this server. My 4th anniversary here will be in a month. I've seen so much here, so much potential, used and then wasted. There is so much that can be done, so much that can be accomplished. But we need to focus. We've tested. We've discovered. We know what we should be focusing on. Advertising brought back Meepcraft, for a second, to its former glory. Lets do that again, but keep it that way.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
    cooey, Zoe89, SirCallow and 9 others like this.
  2. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Can you provide an example of any success MeepCraft has had as a hub server?

Additionally, can you provide an example of any success MeepCraft has had as a primarily towny server?

cooey, BlackJack, Epicdude141 and 7 others like this.
  3. metr0n0me

metr0n0me Legendary Meeper

No offense but isn't a helper supposed to know something like this, especially since laser has been down for over a month? (edit: two months)

2leah2, cooey, BlackJack and 5 others like this.
  4. n00bslayer_99

n00bslayer_99 i like kebab

Infected players post comments?
    Update Laserstrike?

Dude, Laserstrike was removed 3 months ago. Infected has been down for repairs almost as long.

And you're wrong. We don't have a huge staff team. We have one tech. _one_ tech. That is why there is no returning Meep to its former glory. One tech can't do it.

And you really contradict yourself in this thread. You start out by saying how much you agree with Deinen, and then you quote him on advertising clearly doesn't work with what we have. Then you use the rest of the thread to explain how advertising is what will revive us.

There is no reviving Meep. I logged on yesterday, and there was an *astonoshing* 23 players online. In a Timezone that, just a year ago, had over a hundred.

The community right now is crap. Half are 8-11 year olds who think they're the sh*t. The rest are either toxic or just too stupid, with a tiny, tiny handful of people who actually just want to have fun.

Let me say it again. There is no returning Meep to it's former glory. I can say the same for many servers I used to play, and still do. They have all gone massively down in player numbers. It isn't entirely Meep's fault, we just hurried up the process a little. The problem is that Minecraft is becoming so unpopular so fast that soon the only people left will be the die hard fans. Oh yeah and all the 8-11 year olds, who's moms go out and buy Minecraft for them thinking it'll turn them into an engineer.

5. metr0n0me

metr0n0me Legendary Meeper

Usually I'd agree with Deinen, but halo is so unique that it can itself become quite a draw, if done correctly.

cooey, Toostenheimer, SX1 and 4 others like this.
  6. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Simply put, I think that MeepCraft should regress into a primarily focused towny server, that does have other game-modes. There should not be a focus on consistently updating, creating new game-modes. The focus should remain on towny and it's expansion. Advertisement overall is a bust, and a social media (free) campaign, and word of mouth campaign could do a lot to restore older players.

2leah2, Kling, cooey and 3 others like this.
  7. Sirrr_Pig

Sirrr_Pig Bacon