1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Best Posts in Thread: Netrarc's Helper Application

1. Netrarc

Netrarc Popular Meeper

In Game Name: Netrarc
    Skype Username: Netrarc
    Teamspeak Username: Netrarc
    Mic use: Yes
    Timezone: CST (UTC-5)
    Hours online per weekday: 3-4
    Hours online per weekend: 4-6
    Position Changes: Ultimate to Helper

When I joined the server just under a year ago, Meepcraft was celebrating its one year anniversary. I had previous experience as both a moderator and admin elsewhere, and had tried my hand at running a server, so I was somewhat familiar with the difficulties that staff face when trying to create a fun, clean environment for the players. I was immediately impressed by the Meepcraft staff and environment. At the time, the server catered regularly to a very large number of players, but still maintained a small-community feeling. The staff were dedicated, helpful, and properly empowered to assist the players in almost any way necessary.

I joined Jetsurf’s Grandeur community and mostly kept to myself. Jetsurf and his assistant (jackl01) were somewhat inactive at the time, but the town of Grandeur was beautiful. I wanted to attract residents to the town, so I began to wage a renovation campaign on my own: I would claim an abandoned plot, clear away any debris, and re-sell it in an effort to attract new neighbors. I upgraded to Elite so that I could own spawners and began building my first spawner-based grinder. Meepcraft was the first server I found which allowed spawner mining, and I still think that it adds a dimension to the game that is lacking on many other servers.

After a while, I became active on the forums, answering questions and learning about the community and server rules. When the website started to become unstable during the time of MeepNetworks, I created a shadow site to allow players to stay in touch while the issues were worked out. I eventually drifted away from the server during the MN heyday, and came back when I heard that the old structure was being restored. I am not interested in the “Old Meep vs. New Meep” debate because I don’t think it helps to improve the server today. This is the new reality, and I am very interested in being a helpful member of the current community while helping to improve in the server for the future.

Why you should be Helper? I believe that one of the best ways to improve the server community is to make new players feel welcome, and one of the best ways I know to do that is to answer their questions and to help them fit in. To that end, I do my best to be knowledgeable of the the server rules, policies, and changes and to help new players understand that information.

The current staff is very active and often quick to help. However, there are still a few gaps in coverage that I would like to help fill. I know it is frustrating to a new player to see their modreq go unanswered for several minutes; since I am online a lot, I can help to completed the modreqs in a timely manner when other staff members are not available.

To be honest, I am happy with my current situation as a regular player, occasionally answering questions in /shout. However, I recognize that the staff has a large workload, and I am willing to do my part to help as they work to make this server a fun place to play. I think that this is a way that I can give back to the server that has provided a large amount of enjoyment to me.

Weaknesses: I was able to identify a couple of weaknesses (I’m sure there are more: let me know below!)

First, I’m old. Like, really old. 34 even. While there are certain advantages that come with age, one downside is relatability. The average age on the server is far younger than mine, so I have to work to fit in. I don’t want to see the server modeled after the image of “adults” at the expense of fun for everyone else, but sometimes personal preference gets in the way. I will have to work hard to understand and meet the needs of the community, rather than attempting to mold the community to meet my standards.

Second, I have a family and full-time job which take precedence over play time. While my in-game time has been sufficient in the past, that can change on a day-to-day basis as real-life demands change.

Conclusion: If you've made it this far, I applaud your determination. I have enjoyed playing with most of you, and will look forward to continuing to help in the future regardless of my rank.

2. nasapc123

nasapc123 Popular Meeper

I only really met you for the first time last night at 3am on teamspeak, as you are out of my timezone. For a first impression, it was very positive. From this, and the enthusiastic responses from many of the staff team and community, I am accepting this for interview. If I am not present, good luck!

Netrarc, BooBear1227, iiTzJDL and 5 others like this.
  3. shains

shains never stop fighting

#Netrarcforstaff

I literally screamed when I saw this.

Netrarc, you constantly prove yourself that you're staff material in every aspect of Meepcraft. I will forever be a +1. Anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013