1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Best Posts in Thread: My Helper Application

1. LexKristen

LexKristen Celebrity Meeper

In Game Name: LexKristen
    Teamspeak Username: LexKristen
    Mic use: Whenever it is necessary or when I am feeling sociable.
    Timezone: MST (-6)
    Hours online per weekday: 1-4 per day (fluctuates depending on when I have extensive amounts of schoolwork)
    Hours online per weekend: 3+ per day (fluctuates depending on what plans I have that weekend)
    Position Changes: Citizen (Supreme) to Helper

In advance I am apologizing for this rather lengthy application. I couldn’t simply get everything out in a short app. If you bare with me and read the entire application before leaving a response I will be very grateful!

Introduction:

Hello all!

I am assuming that most of you know me, but to those who don’t, I will take this time to introduce myself. My name is Alexandra, Lex, or LexKristen. Whatever you choose to call me is purely a matter of your preference. I am 14 years old, and I enjoy a plethora of activities. Although, my favorite thing to do in my free-time by far is to play guitar and bass guitar. I started playing when I was 12, and without music I would not be who I am today! As you can guess, another reason why I cherish my free-time is because that’s when I get to play Minecraft. I love the game and all, but I would definitely not be playing still if it weren’t for the MeepCraft community. You all make me very happy :). If I can remember correctly, my /res registration date was September 29th, 2012. This means that I have been playing MeepCraft for over a year, excluding some breaks that I took occasionally. Also, one of my guilty pleasures is watching anime. I always thought that it was quite weird, I never really had the urge to watch Japanese cartoons. Once I started watching it, my opinion was quickly changed I honestly could not get myself to stop. Currently I am really enjoying Clannad (thank you Erebus45 for the recommendation).

Why I should be Helper:

Now that you know a little more about me, I will move on to “why.” If you are an older player, you will recall the times when I was staff in early-mid 2013. I became trial-mod on February 22nd, and continued to be staff until sometime in late April, otherwise known as the Meep Revolution II. I worked up the ranks fairly quickly, and resigned 2 weeks after I had become a SuperMod. That was when “you-know-who” came into play, and I definitely was not willing to work with him any longer after a few weeks of seeing what he was all about.

As you can see, I have a great deal of experience in the field of moderating. I also am extremely familiar with towny commands, and information about the server. I had completed over 1000 modreqs in my staff term all to the best of my ability. Sure, I had a high number of modreqs completed. However, quantity is not as important as quality. When I claimed a one, I first made sure that I was capable of answering it. I also made sure that the player was 100% satisfied and did not have anymore questions! That was one of my top accomplishments as staff and the thing I prided myself at being one of the best at. Another quality that I believe makes me a great candidate for a member of the staff team is that I am very tolerant to all types of people. However, the “policy” that I go by is: if you are nice to me, I will be nice to you. Working well with somebody doesn’t only come from one person. Both people have to be willing and determined, and friendly with each other I might add. I am always willing to be friendly with you if you are willing to be friendly with me!

I am an extremely organized person as well. There has never been a time where I haven’t had ban proof when somebody appealed. I kept a folder on my computer with every single ban/tempban, and even sometimes kicks that I made. This helped me keep track of the players and how many times they had done something wrong under my watch so that I gave them the appropriate punishment. I don’t use bias when punishing players, because in my personal opinion everyone should be treated exactly the same.

Another thing to know about me is that I am a very straightforward and somewhat blunt person. If I see something happening that I do not agree with, I will speak up about it. This causes me to be very on top of the rules and strict about them.

Also, I am extremely easy to get a hold of on Skype. I accept mostly anybody that would like to add me, as long as you promise not to spam me. In my free-time I am usually available for calls. Regarding TS, it kind of weirds me out thinking about talking to people I’ve never talked to before. Whenever I do go on there though, I tend to listen instead of talk. My mic is perfectly functional, so I can talk whenever it is deemed necessary. I understand how TS works and all, so that is not a problem.

After I resigned in April was when I made some uncalled for and unacceptable decisions, which I will discuss next in the “weaknesses” category.

Weaknesses:

One of my weaknesses is that I tend to make hasty decisions without thinking about them very much. However, I have worked on this tremendously in the last few months. This is a perfect segue for the next thing I would like to talk about. My crime record is pretty small, but it is still existent. After I resigned from SuperMod, I still had creative mode. I decided to use it to my advantage for a couple days until I was caught and blacklisted from the server, along with a lot of my other friends. Let me clear a few things up before it becomes a deal breaker. Everybody makes mistakes, mine just happened to be a little bigger of a mistake than usual. I was not thinking very clearly at the time, which is where my “hasty decision making” weakness comes into play. Keep in mind that this happened over 6 months ago, and I have worked on this not-so-good quality about myself. The break that I took between August and the beginning of October definitely helped me remarkably as well. Also, think about the fact that I didn’t commit one crime prior to that, nor had the thought of breaking the rules ever crossed my mind. I was a “goody-two-shoes”, essentially. What I did was more of a “in the heat of the moment” type of deal. Which, don’t get me wrong, definitely doesn’t make what I did right. I understand that, but I also personally am asking for forgiveness, and want you to realize that it was one bad thing that I did in my months of being a helpful and harmless citizen of the community.

Conclusion:

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to read this application, I really appreciate it. I hope you can see the good qualities that I posses that will make me a valuable member of the Meep staff team. Also, if you are wondering why I applied this past July and was neither denied nor accepted, I decided that it was the time that I take a break. I respectively asked an admin to withdraw my application from the staff recruitment section. I needed to get ready for school and get my life “on track” per se. The break that I took was very much needed. A few people thought that I had been denied, and rage-quit, but that was not the case. There is nothing that bothers me more than when people get offended by others' honest opinions, and I am just not that type of person. I just thought I should clear that up! I am looking forward to reading your feedback.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2014
    A4TC, iiTzJDL, Dart_Knight and 7 others like this.
  2. DancingCactus

DancingCactus Legendary Meeper

[​IMG]

+0.95 (+0.05 if you shtap making fun on leagueeeeeeeeeee)

iiTzJDL, xxJ3R3MYxx, nhjed and 4 others like this.
  3. chirp1234

chirp1234 Celebrity Meeper

Gurl, please, get yo facts right! Yo should be applying for Admin! ://

Anyways, you are an outstanding player, you are a very qualified for this position, you are constantly helping people.

+1