1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Best Posts in Thread: Helper Application from BooBear1227

1. BooBear1227

BooBear1227 Sunflower | Always

Member Name BooBear1227

Additional In Game Names: n/a

How old are you? 23

Do you have Discord? Yes

How many hours per day do you play MeepCraft? (weekdays) 4-10

How many hours per day do you play MeepCraft? (weekends) 4-10

Have you ever been staff on this or any other server? Yes

References: Please give IGN's qazini, Fangdragon1998, SpongeyStar, Marthacuddles, _Peero_, Katronica, Jwarian, GingerManOWNS, Bob4444444

When did you join Meepcraft? March / April 2013

Introduction:
    Hello! I think most people know me, or at least know of me, by now. However, I may seem unfamiliar to some. For that reason, please allow me to introduce myself.

My full in game name is BooBear1227, but most people call me Boo. My life has many different aspects which include hanging around Meep, being a computer science graduate / IT professional, and volunteering. I enjoy volunteering as a summer camp counselor and for the Ronald McDonald House charities. In a previous lifetime - before some concussions and bad joints - I was an active athlete participating in sports such as cheerleading, soccer, and volleyball. In my spare time, I enjoy indoor rock climbing, hiking, biking, and running. I also love the occasional book, movie, or podcast. ( I am always open to suggestions for new content! )

Why should you be Helper?
    Meep Experience
    I joined Meep at the age of sixteen back in mid-March 2013 after my brother’s friend recommended the server to us. My brother and I played on the same account for a couple of weeks until I got my own account on a rainy Tuesday. In my time on Meep, I have served as a town staff member in four different towns. I am grateful for each of the unique experiences and look back with fond memories. I am most proud of my dedication to Ezri and Dax between May 2013 and June 2016 because I stuck with the same small team for 3 long years to help build towns that would remain a legacy for many other players. At the release of Gamma, I lost my Towny mojo and took time off from Meep to focus on my education. Seven years later from my first day on Meep, I am twenty-three years old and still hanging around this place because this community changed my life. I have met so many life-long friends here that continue to amaze and inspire me to continue to grow to be a better person.

I returned to Meep about six weeks ago looking to rejoin the community. I was thrilled to be welcomed back with open arms. The town of Legion reached out to me when I came back, and I was ecstatic to join a town and help push it off the ground. Through my dedication and work ethic in helping with some random preparation tasks for the release of Extreme, I rose from a resident up to co-mayor. I now happily help run Legion on a day to day basis.

Previous Staff Experience
    In November 2013, I applied for Helper and had the amazing opportunity to serve as a staff member in different ranks with different responsibilities until January 2015. In May 2014, I was promoted from Mod to SuperMod because of my leadership and dedication to the team. I remained a SuperMod until November 2014 when I had been respectfully demoted back to Mod because of inactivity due to a health condition. Although I was disappointed about the demotion, I remained on the staff team to continue to provide the support that was needed at the time. I resigned from the team in January 2015 because of school, family, and medical issues. I then made a short return during the end of my senior year of high school after I resolved the school and family issues. I reapplied for Helper in March 2015 and remained on the team until I went away to summer camp in June 2015.

Although it was a rollercoaster, I enjoyed my time as a staff member. I met some of the most amazing people that I still call some of my best friends. Because of Meep Staff: I learned the difference between leadership styles, the importance of communication, collaboration of a team of more than 30 people, and being able to problem solve on the flip of a dime.

I want to continue to help make Meep a welcoming and safe place where people know they are welcome to come and escape the real world, even if it’s just to pop by for a few minutes to say hello and catch up with some old friends.

Real Life Experiences
    I am very passionate about education, the outdoors, and technology / programming. From a young age, I have been dedicated to being in service of others and serving the multitude of communities that surround me in life. The best vocation I could be offered is a combination of the three. The dream is to work with children and teach them about the beauty and life lessons nature has to offer while inspiring them to use technology to better advance the world - keeping in mind both positive and negative consequences.

My passion for education and the outdoors comes from my summers of being a summer camp counselor. In the summer of 2011, I became a counselor-in-training and have since dedicated parts of every summer to volunteering at resident summer camps. Last summer, my camp name was retired as a sign of appreciation and recognition for the immeasurable amount of time, energy, and hard work I put in to make camp a special place for many others. Because of camp, I learned how to work well with others even when personalities clash, how to work with children, good leadership skills, and creating fun and memorable experiences for different types of people at different ability levels.

My passions for education and technology/programming come from my technical training as a computer scientist / IT professional and my time as a computer science tutor for my university. As a tutor, I enjoyed helping students reach the “aha” moment in understanding a concept. I often had returning clients because of the level of support I was able to provide them from my knowledge of the courses and the general field. From my time as a tutor, I strengthened my patience and communication skills from explaining concepts in multiple ways until the student felt comfortable with the concept enough to not only pass the class but to understand the concept so they would be successful in the future.

Overall, my interpersonal, leadership, collaboration, communication, and problem-solving skills will benefit the team and help guide my decisions.

What are your weaknesses?
    Previous Staff Experience
    Although having previous experience as staff can definitely help in this process, it can also hinder it because of my perception of the “way it was before.” A lot has changed since I was last a staff member, and it is why I have hesitated to post this application. I remember quite a bit of how it was previously, but the server and community has changed and evolved. The staff team expectations, rule guidelines, and structure has changed drastically since June 2015. To combat this weakness, I am trying to take time to re-learn the server, the new rules, and the new community. While I want to remember all from the past and continue that legacy, it is often best to live in the moment and to look forward to the future. I am taking this opportunity to look at this from a new perspective with a fresh pair of eyes.

“Use it or lose it”
    In the almost five year separation, I have lost most of the muscle memory commands and on the spot thinking when it comes to completing modreqs and answering questions quickly. In recent years, the team also added the moderation of a discord server, which is something that will be completely new to me. Due to my time away from the team, I would need to be retrained on new expectations and procedures. However, I am a very quick learner and I am sure that it would not take too long for muscle memory to kick in.

Communication
    I would say almost everyone struggles with communication during some point in their lives. I have learned that you are often not communicating enough until you feel you are overcommunicating. My personal weakness is with letting others know when I am struggling and / or need help with a situation before it becomes out of hand. My previous demotion from SuperMod came from a perceived lack of inactivity due to an error on my part to better communicate what I was struggling with in life. I am constantly working on this weakness by trying to reach out sooner rather than later when I need help, feel overwhelmed, or do not understand a concept.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know: This application is something I have thought about for a few weeks now since rejoining the community about six weeks ago. While I have been encouraged by a few members in the community to re-apply, I took the time to really think over the decision because it impacts not only myself but others as well. I now personally feel ready to put this application up and to hopefully return to the staff team.

In addition, it has come up on a few other applications that it seems some people are just applying because of the copious amounts of spare time people now have due to the COVID-19 pandemic. I am not applying because I have copious amounts of spare time. I am currently still working from home, full time at 40+ hours per week. Meep is a place I am genuinely investing my free time into because of the relationships and enjoyment it has brought back into my life. I have received so much from this community and want to be able to give back as much as I can to the place that feels like another home.

Last, but certainly not least, thank you for spending the time to read my Helper application. I look forward to reading your feedback. I welcome any constructive criticism so that I may continue to work on myself.

* edited for formatting *

2. LordInateur

LordInateur Deus Ex Machina Staff Member Administrator

Accepted for interview. Best of luck!

Jackl01, Bob4444444, Saiyer and 7 others like this.
  3. Jwarian

Jwarian Celebrity Meeper

I have been friends with BooBear on Meepcraft for as long as I can remember. If you remember me from back then, think longer. I can count on my hand the number of people I would bother logging into the forums to write a +1 for, however I feel a tiny bit more is deserved….

I outlined a few key metrics that are typically indicative of a “great” team member. Although this is buried well into this application I do hope some of the higher staff read this and understand how important these qualities are to staff, current and future.

1. Honest and Straightforward.

+1 I cannot think of very many people I have ever met on this server who are as qualified in this aspect, being part of the staff requires trust as the members are privy to sensitive information about other players and the server itself. Mistakes have been made in the past in this regard with other staff members, the server and its players have paid the price dearly for these errors.

2. Shares the Load.

+1 It is not just about helping new players and banning the occasional aberrant individual, a great deal of importance should also be placed on how one improves the staff team as a whole, after all the team is only as strong as its weakest link.

Being part of the team requires one to actually like the team they are on, be liked by the team they work on, as well as possess a willingness to “work” with and around the other team members, regardless of their own personal convictions, biases, and beliefs. BooBear does this casually to all players many times at her own detriment, as in the past being a staff member only strengthens this resolve.

3. Reliable.

+1 She IS someone people can count on. I can say with certainty that BooBear sacrifices more of herself to this server and it’s players than almost anyone else I have seen thus far, so much so that it pains me to remember that prior staff have abused this quality in the past. Luckily the current team seems to be more caring and loving than years past, after all that is one of the reasons I am playing currently.

4. Fair.

+1 When dealing with players I can’t really imagine to many people willing to go out of their way to give them the benefit of the doubt or “more chances”. BooBear relentlessly tries to see the best in everyone and to treat them as such. I did have to round up because she does sell herself short when it comes to giving herself credit for her merits and there are plenty, but as with all humbly intelligent individuals that is a battle to be waged within. Being part of such a supportive and tight-knit team makes me think there are plenty who will shine the light on these when needed.

5. Complements Others’ Skills.

+1 If any of you don’t know BooBear’s skillset or her strengths, you are either new to the server or have a single brain cell. For many people life seems as though it is a never ending uphill battle that will never end, and if we are alone we often decide that walking uphill is a waste of time, however once we discover that someone is walking with us, it merely seems like a trip. BooBear does this for so many people by on the server even for those whom others deem unfit for such compassion. Sadly her weak spot is her commitment, it is too great.

6. Good Communication Skills.

+1 This is a key part to being staff, it is not about wanting to be staff, or just wanting to help, it is about being ABLE to function well with the other staff. From my ballpark count ~100% of staff enjoy this individual on a daily basis and look forward to interacting with her. This did not come easily, years of interacting tactfully with nearly every person in chat and while previously on staff resulted in this quality. This one of the most important things when building a strong team and you would be fools to let this person sit out.

7. Positive Attitude.

+1 Encouragement is paramount to helping others through their strife, many of you on here have undoubtably been helped or encouraged by BooBear in one way or another, whether you’re a young kid with issues at home, or just someone with a desperate need for distraction. In nearly ever instance BooBear has forfeited her own time and mental well-being to lift others up. Need more proof? Just read every post written before this.

TOTAL:
    +7

Co-incidentally it is her 7th year on the server, hmm.

Jackl01, smk, ZestyWheathin and 7 others like this.
  4. VKL_ReWinDzz

VKL_ReWinDzz Celebrity Meeper

Amazing person and one of the nicest people i've met on the server. Former staff, so she knows what she's doing and would strive if given the opportunity again.

+1

5. Courtneyyy

Courtneyyy Admin Princess Staff Member Helper Media Elder

Boo! You’re more than capable of handling the ins and outs of being a staff member. I’ve had the glorious opportunity to work beside you and you are and have been been such a great role model for those around you. The willingness you have to jump in and get things done is desperately what the server needs in a time like this when things are changing. Your work ethic is really something else and I can’t wait to see how well you do as a staff member once again. Thank you for touching on the “extra time” which is something I’ve also been mentioning, it’s nice to see you’re dedicated regardless of what’s going on. Great job on this app as being someone who also writes books as apps I really enjoyed it.

+1, go do big things girl!

P.S. your tech skills could also offer different views and ideas as well if they could potentially utilize your expertise in that department.

6. Meznik

Meznik Celebrity Meeper

This is one of the most qualified people I've ever seen for helper.
    Always helpful, never toxic, has experience with many things and people, and can adapt easily to situations.
    Huge +10000 from me

7. SpongeyStar

SpongeyStar Professor in Wumbology

Boo, I’ve had the pleasure to know you since I joined. You’ve always been such a kind, beautiful, caring and genuine human being. I love seeing you around and talking to you. You’re one of the most responsible people I know. Time has flown by so fast it’s weird to think you were only 16 when you joined!
    You definitely have what it takes to be part of the team again, you possess all the qualities, if not more, to become an amazing staff member!

Good luck boo <3

8. Peero

Peero Celebrity Meeper

+1 I have never met someone who I more strongly believed would make an excellent staff member. Constantly and genuinely positive, knowledgeable, and always willing to help.

9. jcbetro1011

jcbetro1011 Celebrity Meeper

I may not know you too well personally, but I can tell by your application and the myriad of positive comments on it that you are a kind and wholesome person which is always beneficial for the staff team (especially if they accept VKL lol jk). You also have loads of moderation experience already from when the server had hundreds of players on so there is not doubt that you are fit for staff. I have not found any reason to dislike you nor have I found any reason why you shouldn't get accepted.

-(-1)

Congrats in advance since I'm 99.9% certain you're gonna get it!

10. qazini

qazini Neighborhood Panini

BooBear, I don't think it'll come as a surprise to you that I squealed when I saw you post this. Your caring attitude was apparent from day one of knowing you. You send little compliments and encouragements without any external cause but to make sure that I - and everyone else - is doing okay. Without a doubt, you would be a spectacular staff member.

Meznik, GroovyGrevous, Adrian and 2 others like this.
  11. Adrian

Adrian Epic Staff Member Administrator

+1
    Getting to know you and work with you has been amazing. You're not only a great person but a great leader. You are also a person who can be looked up too. It would be a mistake if you weren't accepted.

Goodluck

12. Viperfan

Viperfan Celebrity Meeper Staff Member Game Designer

I remember you as staff years ago, you were a great staff member then and I believe you would be an even better staff member now, I’m glad to see you applied

+1

13. legendcaleb

legendcaleb Celebrity Meeper

-1 , we don't need more legion staff members

kidding, of course

14. Toostenheimer

Toostenheimer Legendary Meeper

You are one of the sweetest and nicest people I've ever met on this server. Absolutely yes, +1. We need more peeps like you back on the staff team