1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Best Posts in Thread: MeepTimes #31

1. Flamedemond2

Flamedemond2 Highly flammable

[​IMG]
    Come on down to Officer Joe's towny rules

Welcome to The MeepTimes, the twice-monthly update to keep the community in the loop with what’s new, behind the scenes, and in the works. This will be published every other Friday.​

Server Updates

Towns Tutorial
    A tutorial quest for playing Towny has been implemented! Go to /warp towns and talk with Mayor Meep to begin the quest.

New Quest
    Another new quest, the Underwater Rescue, has also been added to the towns world. Start this quest by talking to Mayor Meep!

Villager Eggs
    Spawn eggs for villagers have been placed in the /warp shop for 25k Meebles each.

Community Events

Explosive Fun
    When Worldguard kept Vamp1re_man and CluelessKlutz from getting into a tower in /warp towns, they decided to blow their way in with a TNT cannon! Getting the community involved, EniBeast expanded the cannon more, and they scored several hits against the tower. See images here

Disguise Party
    Near Legend town spawn, a small party was thrown, with everyone bringing some kind of disguise. Of course, Adrian came and tried to crash the party, but did not succeed. See images from the party here!

Storytime with the Crew - The Lone Villager

A short time ago, on a computer far, far away, lived a villager by the name of Bob. Bob lived in a quiet little town, not unlike many others, by the name of Sprucehollow. Day after day, Bob worked in his tool shop, crafting the tools for the entire village. He’d trade with the occasional adventurer, but very few passed by his way. After all, Sprucehollow was deep within a thick, lush Taiga biome. New villagers would occasionally appear, having trekked from their previous village to create a new life in this serene town.

Others who came would bring stories from the outside world. Bob listened with wonder as he heard adventurers recount tales of perilous dungeons, thieves, and battles. As time went on, more and more new villagers appeared, all telling of homes being destroyed by a group of players, who would drive villagers out of their homes, putting them in small cages. “How cruel!” Bob thought to himself. Some reports even stated the villages attacked had been razed to the ground. As Bob went to sleep, he pondered these events, peering into the forest, which was just barely lit by the moonlight.

*****​

Early the next morning, he awoke to a large racket in the town square. Grabbing his mightiest axe, the toolsmith rushed down to the center, only to find a group of adventurers in the middle of the crowd. Before any could spot him, he ducked into a tree he had hollowed out last summer. One, who appeared to be the leader of the group, had a firm grip on one of the elders, who Bob knew as Sophie the Librarian. “Give us the town treasury!” the barbarian, dressed from head to toe in thick armor, demanded. Cowering, the villagers surrendered their wealth, and began being lead away by the armed company. Bob hid in the thick woods, petrified.

After the party had vanished from sight, the forest was still, absolutely still. Grass crunched and leaves rustled gently as a herd of cows passed by. By midday, Bob had come out of his hiding place, and walked around the village. “Weapons” a simply billboard stated above John’s Armory. Noisy and large, iron swords hung from the wall, with one incomplete blade still resting on the anvil. Resolved to rescue his neighbors, Bob grabbed plenty of food, a bow, some wood, a little bit of cobblestone, and plenty of torches before setting out. The real journey had only begun.

To be continued . . .

Recently Accepted Suggestions

New Perks
    Miss some of the old perks from the past, or want some new ones? With this suggestion, you will never go hungry, take no damage from throwing enderpearls, and more!
    Trello Card

Shout Tax
    Going broke from shout tax in Skyblock? Good news! Now you will not be charged near as much from shout tax in Skybucks as Meebles.
    Trello Card

KitPvP Combat
    Ever faced that annoying person who leaves combat in the middle of the fight? Now you still get your precious kill by adding a combat tag to KitPvP!
    Trello Card

Humans Of MeepCraft - Feat. @Liz, @TheHeadHunter1 (Jack), and Qusm (Shawn)

[​IMG]

What inspired your name?

Well, I was up one night, and I was like, “What would make me cool?” I thought of “TheHeadHunter,” but it was already taken, so I added a 1 on the end.

My name started from back then in 2015, where I combined all of my initials, and mixed them together. My friends thought it was cool, and I added a “Q,” no idea why.

I like simple names, so I just kept my name,”Liz,” and I’ve always said “oi,” so I just combined the two together and thought it looked cool.

If you were given a million Meebles right now, what would you spend them on?

Giving it out, to be honest. That’s what I did with my last 500k. - Qusm

I would buy a couple of people ranks, donate some to Legend, and use the remaining on my pwarp. - HeadHunter

If I was given a million Meebles, I’d buy a few people ranks and make a town. - Liz

What is it like owning a shop?

It’s actually a lot of work. You gotta constantly check for stock and acquire the materials for refilling, and try to implement the suggestions of others, as well.

I basically just supply Liz and Jack with large amounts of money to run it, but it seems like a lot of work, with fun mixed in.

t’s pretty cool. You get lots of money pretty quickly when your shop grows in popularity. It’s fun talking to the customers, as well. - Liz

Who is the best staff member to troll?

Saltknight, for sure. I get him mad easily. For example, when we sethome at his spawn, or I message him, “ily” a lot, he gets mad and it’s hilarious. - Jack

Haha, the best staff member to troll is probably CluelessKlutz since he’s Legends mayor. ;) - Liz

Kling, because I have so many inside jokes with him. We have so many because he’s a funny guy like his interpretation of others. We mess with each other all the time like that. - Shawn

All three of you spend a lot of time on Discord together. What is it like being part of a group like that?

It’s amazing. Jack and Shawn are probably the greatest guys I’ve met on this server. They are always so fun to talk to on Discord and they make me laugh to death everytime something happens in Discord.

Well, certainly I am the loudest and just say funny things that always make Jack laugh. All I hear is Jack laughing and Liz’s mic on mute (sadly). - Shawn

It is amazing and at the same time it’s really funny. It gives us something to do while we’re just playing while we’re on for hours. Shawn is always cracking Liz and I up and being on Discord with them is 100x better.

If you could blow up @AdrianisEpic’s House, how or would you do it?

I would get everyone on the server to place one tnt, and let him watch as we all blow it up. - Shawn

I most likely wouldn’t do it considering Adrian is a pretty nice person. Although, I would love to burn his house to the ground and put a sign in front, “ur hot.” - Liz

I would start off by randomly placing lava around his house, with tnt, and signs with dead memes scrawled on them. Then when he goes in I’ll blow it to pieces. - Jack

Anything else you would like to add?
    Just a thank you, and I love everyone <3 - Jack

I like to call the boys on this server pretty so they are self motivated, and I love everyone! - Qusm

Nope - Liz

Welcomes and Farewells

Congratulations to @Vexmae on being promoted to moderator!

Social Media!

Be sure to follow us on our social media platforms to get sneak peaks and be kept up to date on all things meep!

Twitter!
    Instagram!
    Facebook!

Get involved with the MeepTimes

With every release of the paper we will pick a cover photo and a (free) advertisement submitted by the community. The owner of each piece of content will receive 4,000 meebles and have their name featured in the article, below their content. Fill out the form here to submit content. Happy Meeping!

The next issue of The MeepTimes will be released May 12 2017! See you then!

This issue was created by @CluelessKlutz @Midnight_Galaxy @EllieEllie @Flamedemond2

2. Vexmae

Vexmae Royal-Tea Staff Member Mod Media

Nice Meeptimes this time guys. I'm pleased to actually become a staff in Meep. never think I'd make it into Moderator :D