1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Best Posts in Thread: Updates and Letter From Fuzzlr

1. Fuzzlr

Fuzzlr Owner Staff Member Owner

Gadgets

VIP -
    Cowboy, Disco Pants
    Premium - Pyromaniac, Ghosts
    Exclusive - XxPoopBlockxX, Suicidal Sheep
    Elite - CATapult, Railgun
    Supreme - Paint Trail, Slimevasion, Fun Cannon
    Legend - Paint Gun

We are happy to announce that gadgets are now available! You can type /gadget to use this new feature. Some gadgets were not listed here. That is because we are in the process of working out some bugs with them.

Skywars

We have finished our Skywars game mode and are working on ironing out the last few bugs before we make it available to the public.

Boosts

Players will be able to purchase boosts, such as 2x XP, the ability to fly, and enhanced speed. When purchased in the server shop, everyone on the server will have access to the abilities for a limited amount of time. This buyable perk will be available in the shop soon.

New Spawn

Here is a sneak peak of a small part of the new spawn we are creating with the help of the architectural team.

[​IMG]

I would like to apologize about not posting updates. Over the past few months I have been operating in the background to keep the server up and delegate tasks to complete current projects. My activity is limiting, but there is progress being made. The biggest problem is the lack of revenue. Because there is a lack of revenue there is no funding to pursue advertisement. The server itself is functioning perfectly and retaining a healthy amount of player retainment, however that number decreases due to lack of incoming players. The areas in which we are most lacking would be in marketing and development.

We have rarely pursued anything other than paid advertising in the past, due to the fact that we have always had adequate funding. At this point we do not have adequate funding due to the EULA changes. Due to the changes we have lost a majority of server revenue and are unable to take risks when it comes to advertising. Therefore growth has to be more organic. The changes come during a particularly rough time because we are inundated with development work, which includes the updates to Minecraft 1.9 and 1.10.

While evaluating this problem, one must consider that while some servers suffer from the EULA, there are a few that are still running successfully. I have wondered why MeepCraft falls so distinctly into the former group. My explanation for this is that MeepCraft is based heavily around the economy. An economy server is dependent on factors such as power, wealth, and economic advantages. In the past, our revenue model has been dependent on players seeking economic advantages. Giving those advantages to paying players is what has driven our revenue model for almost 4 years.

When we are asked by Mojang to remove these economic advantages from our shop, we are basically being asked to remove 90% of our revenue model. The server will struggle to survive this way, and even the most creative solutions may not be enough to compensate for the loss.

While this may seem to be very bad news, there are a number of solutions to this problem that may help alleviate in the short term. A strong economy server requires a large number of participants. I strongly encourage all players to actively promote the server, whether in your social circles, and remind everyone that organic growth depends not only on our continued work on the server but also your efforts to refer new players to it.

2. Jalapenos

Jalapenos Celebrity Meeper

3. marshallmafers

marshallmafers Celebrity Meeper

There's only so much @Fuzzlr can do. We need to step up as a community to help promote the server, and help better it for ourselves and others.

4. Khafra

Khafra Celebrity Meeper

Except, 2x xp is literally useless, and enhanced speed is also useless.

Enchanted books are struggling in the economy due to villagers being able to be cured again! Go to a grinder for 1 hour and end up with 100 levels (or many more level 30 books.)

Speed enhancement doesn't seem worth it, due to speed potions, unless it's speed 3+ which is highly unlikely.

----

Also instead of advertising, try paying the techs. Right now, it seems as if the techs do what they feel like, when they feel like it. It isn't their faults either, it's because they work for free, which is no incentive to work hours on a non-interesting plugin/bug fix. (reggles even admitted in /g that he does not do bug fixes because he is not being paid.)

---

What about a reset? The server hasn't been reset in around 3 years now! That's a horribly long time, especially for an economy server. All items are at a stable price, none are raising or lowering, making investing worthless and non-profitable. In a new server, item prices fluctuating would give purpose to investing, and server as a "stock market" for a while. Most people are at end-game in towny, which makes the server quite boring. After you create your town and build your empire there isn't much to do. You sell some items daily and make a couple thousand meebles.

Towny needs some sort of leveling system which allows players who are at the end-game to keep on playing, and show the server how their town is the best.

A reset may anger people, but there is a way to counter part of this. Reset everything except /echest, which allows for a person to hold some value, but not too much, so they can't instantly be at end-game. A main argument AGAINST resetting is people "invested" time into their towns. No one invested any time into MineCraft, you played the game, and most people had fun gaining their first town or inviting their first resident. With a reset, you also allow new players to be on the same level as donators. Old players have also said they would rejoin if the server reset, which brings back the 2012-2013 times of the server.

---

Remove/combine towny worlds

No reason to pay for two unique worlds, just make the map a 20k x 20k area. The server doesn't have enough players currently to need two servers. This idea would only work with a reset, but would be a lot easier to handle, and makes the community less distorted into the many worlds the server has - and doesn't need. CTF is almost never played nowadays, and seems to be rotting. There's almost zero point in maintaining CTF as no updates are expected for it and never has enough players to start. Same goes for halo, rarely is played and causes lag for many people, which doesnt make people want to play it lol.
    More popular minigames such as infected/boomo need to be fixed and updated. Infected has countless bugs, while boomo never varies from game to game. Fixing bugs in infected and possibly adding new power ups (or even negative effects) to boomo could maintain their popularity.

>yes i know this isnt suggestions, but since fuzzlr may read this, this is probably the best spot to post what i feel needs to be changed in meep from my experience over the last few months.

also, legend only gets 1 gadget that's unique to our rank. We did pay $320 USD for our rank and we deserve more than what we currently get. I understand we're no longer profitable, but there's no reason to treat us lower than EVERY other rank, especially since we ended up paying the most to support the server (and for our PERKS)

5. Lady_Hestia

Lady_Hestia Retro, Dance, Freak

You guys will LOVE the skywars maps

~Peper~, GroovyGrevous, cooey and 7 others like this.
  6. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Honestly, I think the number one way people join who stay are through friends. It was a friend who told me about here, and then I told my friends, so they came too. It sounds ironic, but the problem is players here can be too loyal. It sounds so stupid, but it's true. How many people here seriously play anywhere else (except for minigames)? I first came because a friend who played on my last server told me about it, kinda like the way Minecraft itself first spread: by friends telling friends. If you do research on the topic, you will find Minecraft never has used advertisements (for the original game).
    It can't be put in suggestions, because staff can't necessarily do it themselves, but we need everyone telling their friends and family to come. I don't mean the "join another server and spam your server's ip in chat" that everyone hates, but individually telling people you know, whether online or real.

7. iiTzJDL

iiTzJDL Legendary Meeper

woah that looks like the 2013 spawn

Toostenheimer, ~Peper~, cooey and 7 others like this.
  8. SpongeyStar

SpongeyStar Professor in Wumbology

It's great to see input from the owner himself about the current stage of the server. Thanks man I'm really excited for all this stuff!

~Peper~, Jadeybear7, fasehed and 6 others like this.
  9. Math_Pro

Math_Pro Celebrity Meeper

Yes! Now I can buy a fly boost to work on my town! This update is amazing! Thank you Fuzzlr for the time and effort you put into this.

10. xXAdotXx

xXAdotXx Bibliophile Extraordinaire

good to hear that new additions are coming! i'm so excited to play around with gadgets and play skywars :)

11. Fuzzlr

Fuzzlr Owner Staff Member Owner

You seem to be forgetting about the other developers who are paid. Unfortunately one of them is not active right now due to a personal issue. This inactivity has caused some problems for the projects we were working on.

12. Redolwolf

Redolwolf Popular Meeper

Another new spawn??

Happy birthday for tomorrow btw Fuzzlr

13. andrewrobins

andrewrobins My views are my own.

14. CyborgZeroX

CyborgZeroX -=Retired Staff Member=- Elder

The new spawn is awesome! Haha, Everyone will love this one.
    Tell your friends and family to join meepcraft!

15. Fortemizuki

Fortemizuki Popular Meeper

I am very excited for these updates to take place, everyone has been so patient and I can't thank the community enough for that! I'm sure that we will all enjoy what is to come for this server, I can't wait!!

16. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

Cheers mate, much appreciated!

17. Lilliya

Lilliya Celebrity Meeper

the server has been struggling for months looool

epick8, fasehed, Achmed and 1 other person like this.
  18. Window_Licker

Window_Licker Celebrity Meeper