1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Best Posts in Thread: April 2016 Updates

1. Fuzzlr

Fuzzlr Owner Staff Member Owner

During the month of April, we will be working on projects that will increase activity on the server and make the economy stronger and more attractive to new players.

Development

Thanks to the addition of two new developers, @Spyda6 and @lordusan, we will be able to put more effort into creating new server features and improving existing ones. In addition to this, our high staff team has been busy making decisions that will affect the longevity and enjoyment of the server and community in the coming months.

Minigames

We relaunched Infected. This game has been one of MeepCraft's most popular minigames and we are very excited to continue updating it. Due to popular demand, we plan to replace the Hunger Games with the popular game mode Skywars in the coming weeks. We also plan to replace our existing CTF minigame with a new creative variant created by @DBLOSEVN that we call Capture the Snowman.

A maintenance issue with our Creative server gave us the opportunity to rework it and improve its features. @DBLOSEVN and @Cooleysworld are hard at work with a new updated Creative server with a new awesome plot system and spawn created by @andrewrobins. We are very confident that you will love the new updates for Creative.

Economics

The update to 1.9 is a great opportunity to rework the shop system. The new shop changes are designed to be a little more friendly to new players and introduce more ways for players to make money. We plan to review the shop system over the coming weeks and fine tune it.

We are going to lower the price to establish a town. The price is currently 250K Meebles. When you create a town, 200K is charged from your account for town establishment, and 50K goes straight into the town bank to prevent the town from falling. In order to allow new players to participate in the "mayor experience” within 1-3 weeks of playing, we are going to lower the total price to 150K Meebles (100K actual price).

Advertisement

Thanks to the above economic updates, it will be a great opportunity to advertise the server and provide some much needed revitalization to the community. Thanks to our rank sales, we will have some small advertisements for the server on April 8, April 9, and April 10. Special thanks go to @Cooleysworld who provided a donation for a portion of this advertisement.

Architecture

Our architects are looking at new ways to improve the gameplay experience, and we are currently considering ideas for a possible remake of MeepCraft's second spawn created by James Delaney.

Purchases

Thanks to the initiative of @KlutchDecals, we will be rolling out a MeepCraft merchandise shop which will contain items like t-shirts and cool branded accessories that players can buy to show their support for the server. Buy purchasing these products, players will not only be able to support the server: they will also be able to wear a cool t-shirt.

In regards to purchases, we are going to be making some changes in the rank system hierarchy to comply to additional demands from Mojang's EULA. These changes will likely not affect current rank holders negatively - we will try our best to maintain the experience for all paid players. In the meantime, please continue to support the server by purchasing a rank at meepcraft.com/upgrade.

2. Lord_Walrus

Lord_Walrus Popular Meeper

All I can say is this, finally. Fuzzlr, I have played on your server since 2012, don't know if you remember me or not, but, this is an amazing server. In 2012 - 2013(I think), I played happily as an uninformed citizen with my friends. Once they left I slowly lost interest in the server. But, in my return in mid 2015, I realized that this server has and has had a lot of potential. Sadly, until recently, that potential had gone to waste as the player count has slowly but steadily decreased. I can't say that all these threads titled "Make the server great again" or "This server is dying" should be endorsed, but they certainly have their place.

Frankly, this server is a big part of my life. I love MeepCraft, it's a unique server with a great community, and an amazing staff team. It would be not only sad, but plain out depressing to see it fall under. I love to see that there is work (solid steps) being put into the server to make it a better place for all. Until now, I didn't even know anything was under development.

I have seen the hate you've gotten from the community. Especially about the new spawn. While I cannot say that I fully agree that it looks great, I know that it was your choice, and probably thought out. I don't think it's entirely fair to say that it was, "A waste of money". I hate to see you be the butt of so many bad comments. You have saved MeepCraft from a lot. Including saving the server from basically becoming barren from CrueltyGaming's "ideas".

Regarding the player base, I think what some people are saying is right. You need to know your audience. This isn't a minigame server, it isn't a hub server, and it definitely isn't a "big" server. I'm not saying you shouldn't have any minigames at all. But instead focus on two to three minigames and make them top notch. I mean, how appealing is it to come onto a server and see "Hunger Games", but to no avail, there is nobody in the game at all. By far, Infected is the most popular game, which you stated in your post. You should add more elements to this game and scrap others. SkyWars is a great idea. Basically everyone I know who plays minecraft plays skywars. As I have said before, make it top notch

Relating the minigames, sometimes the custom features need to be a little less aggressive. Of course, custom features are fun and innovative, but sometimes nobody wants an awkward feeling skywars (for example). Tying into the player base, most people who play this server are likely looking for something they can work towards. That's kind of the entire point of the economy base. This is about player retention, seeking out people who're looking for a casual minigames server isn't going to benefit us. However, finding people who like a challenge and working from rags to riches would create a viable stimulation in the player count. Back to the custom features, you start with a good idea then build onto it until it's not even itself anymore. I don't want to go into this as much as it's not so relevant anymore.

There are a lot of scrapped ideas or features that I feel the community really liked. The gold trade, one of my favorite features ever implemented on the server, only second to dungeon. It created a great simulated stock exchange. I would like to see this return. Dungeon, dungeon is my favorite thing on meepcraft. Before it was scrapped or "under maitenance", it was such a great and innovative idea. I was really sad to see it go and originally thought it was going to return soon. I don't know exactly what is going on with this. If it's going to be replaced with mobs or if it's coming back. But something similar or dungeon itself (preferably), would be amazing. I know from many people that dungeon was a viable way for people of all stature to make decent money.

Another thing I have noticed is a pattern of unprofessional actions. Such as creating announcements that fail to meet their deadline or basically fall in the cracks. I don't mean to whine about this, but Mobs was planned to release in January (if I'm not mistaken), and it is now April with no public progress. The rank info is also another example, it's less important, but in a way is just as important. If we don't treat all of these matters as important, none of it is going to get done.

I don't want to impose, start a flame war, or upset anyone. This isn't to harm or insult anyone, I just feel some of these may need to be worked on/taken notice of. I love MeepCraft, and always will. Please Fuzzlr, do what is best for the server.

EDIT: I love the new renovations with the shop. You may want to consider removing the witch/silverfish spawners, and maybe the wolf/ocelot spawners. I know a lot of people payed insane amounts of money for wolf and ocelot heads as well as silverfish spawners.

EDIT 2: For the love of god please fix this in the new spawn,

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
    jacxmine, Mjs6000, Enron and 11 others like this.
  3. adlovesdogs

adlovesdogs ex-staff <3

Pun intended? :angelic:

I'm definitely gonna buy myself a shirt :)

4. marshallmafers

marshallmafers Celebrity Meeper

All of the people that kept saying ''Meepcraft is dead'' Meepcraft is dying''. All I can say to that is, In yo face. This server was never dying, and is never going to die. This server has huge potential, and now it looks like its being able to reach it soon.

As long as Mr. Fuzzlr stops spending $3000 on server spawns when he already has capable Architects willing to build them for him. It's like paying $700 for a pair of beats, sure you're paying for the brand g4u. But you can get the same exact experience if not better for $10.

edit: Also, I know there are talks about adding a new world ''Delta''. With the town price being lowered from 250k to 150k is there any talk about adding a new world soon? Towns only costing 150k are going to make existing worlds cramped, and sore to the eyes.

5. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

#first
    Woop, good job, keep doin' what you're doin'

Dausious, cooey, FatIsNoob and 3 others like this.
  6. iMelXP

iMelXP bean team

this was my idea!!!! here's a top secret first concept photo (drawn by yours truly on a trackpad)
    [​IMG]
    super super psyched to see it rolling again~!

7. TechnoTyson

TechnoTyson Popular Meeper

Fuzzlr I will be the coolest kid in town if I have a t-shirt with your face on it

Courtneyyy, KyloMeep, ~Peper~ and 2 others like this.
  8. andrewrobins

andrewrobins My views are my own.

We will try ha ")

9. ~Peper~

~Peper~ Celebrity Meeper

I'm really excited to see new players on meep!!! I remember working hard to become mayor, and own a town now! To see that new players can experience this a little bit sooner than I could is really amazing!!! With new mini games coming soon, the advertisements, and with the bugs that are being improved/fixed there should be an increase in players.

I remember when I joined in 2015 (July 17) and I played on meep, I wanted to join a town, but I wasn't able to find a town, so I played mini games then quit. Fast forward a few months later and I found the server on a website and thought "Ooo, an economy server!!!" (Not remembering I had joined previous months ago). Then I came to realize I had 10k in my balance. I joined a town, then moved around a bit until I joined Fiore. It was a nice beta town, and I built my first home there. Then fast forward a few weeks, I met a few other people, they were sweet and kind and I still talk to most of them today! The reason I'm putting my whole meep craft life story is because I know there will be more people like me who make friends on the server that will have an impact on there life that is huge. <3

10. 2leah2

2leah2 Celebrity Meeper

so excited!!@!1!!

11. InfernoJack

InfernoJack Popular Meeper

Darn You Staff are good. I was about to write a suggestion on replacing Hunger Games with skywars. Hahah you guys got there before me.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 4, 2016, Original Post Date: Apr 4, 2016 ---
    They should change it back to the Old spawn aswell. I played this server first in 2014 and the spawn was really nice and professional. It was also relevant to what the server is (towny and creative, i believe) so it was suitable. Now with the mixtures of iron, quartz and stained glass it looks like a futuristic, modern, minigames server. It simply doesn't fit the servers style. Plus the drop down Pvp arena in the middle is a hazard, i myself have lagged while logging on and accidently falling into the arena and getting killed (plus you have speed in spawn). This is an issue for getting new players- would you stay on a server if you have just been killed and you have nothing to work from? well my answer would be no. The lack of players from this would obviously build up over time and effect the financial elements of the server eg: donations will fall, targets not being met, bills failed to be payed. Im sure all the Meeplings out there would like Meepcraft to stay alive.

_Thanks_InfernoJack