1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Best Posts in Thread: Only the squeaky wheels get the grease?

1. GoblinGirl

GoblinGirl Popular Meeper

Although I have played Meepcraft and towny for a couple of years, it was only this last week that I decided to give Skyblock a try. At first I was hooked, because I loved the challenges that the game itself brings. But recently, I find my progress being stifled because of what I learned to believe, is a flaw in one of the plugins or server settings.

My first attempt at making a mob spawner was pretty small and simple; just a basic dark room that I would stand 16-22 blocks away from, especially at night, to get some mobs to show. Many a Minecraft night would come and go, and I would see little to nothing in my sad little room. Maybe it’s not big enough or dark enough. Ok, fine. So then I went searching on YouTube for step-by-step instructions on how to make a no fail mob spawner. Although I made it look different, I stayed within the guidelines to make it work. And over the last 2 real days, I have seen only a handful of mobs. At first I thought maybe it was player error, so I asked people to take a look and each person said it looked like it should work. What’s more, I went to another person’s island and saw that their mob spawner, with a similar design to mine, was working like gangbusters.

After making sure I did everything on my own, I finally did a /modreq and Deljikho was kind enough to take a look. Even he agreed that it should be working, but he said it would need an admin to look at my island to see why I’m not getting the spawns. He said he would pass on the information, but it may take a while. Maybe an hour or so later an Admin was online and talking to people in chat, so I tried to mention my problem and was completely ignored. He had time to try and argue with a player that was being rude and inflammatory, but for someone that had a legitimate gaming concern, I was practically invisible.

Today, many Admin, including Fuzzlr, were on the server addressing some gaming changes. Once again, I briefly mentioned that I’d love for someone to come take a look at a problem that even a SuperMod said was worth looking at, but the only time the Admins seem to have a reply, were to the people that are being disruptive and negative.

Maybe my old age is making me grumpier, but I’m starting to resent how much trolling and negative behavior is tolerated, while players like myself, get ignored about legitimate concerns that affect their gaming experience. I have been a loyal and mature player for at least 3 years here at Meepcraft. I was around before the big server shift and I came back once it returned to its former style. I don’t grief, I don’t troll and except for the rank that I won because I vote practically every day, I am also a paying customer. Is it really wrong of me to expect a higher standard of treatment? Sometimes I think about spending the extra $100+ dollars to get the Ultimate rank, but then I see how much my loyalty and easy-going demeanor is easily disregarded and it reminds me that I’d probably be better off spending that kind of money on something better.

2. 2leah2

2leah2 Celebrity Meeper

The people who actually needs help with big stuff like this, often get overshadowed by the toxic players, it's nothing new.

next time i see you in skyblock i'll go to nether with you and get spawners so you won't have to wait on an admin. Your grinder design should work, i've seen them work before and i don't know why yours won't work. But we can definitely put up a temporary grinder-ish thing for you so you won't be wasting time trying to get through to an admin. :]