1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Best Posts in Thread: Adding New Type of Chat

1. Dockson

Dockson Celebrity Meeper

Put this in, remove trade chat.

+1

2. alex77034

alex77034 Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'

Now, I know we have enough chat as it is, but this is a suggestion I feel that would -you guessed it- be useless. Well, I hope not.

So what do I want to be added?
    A new chat, and I'll explain why. In meep, we don't really have a "private chat". Other then /msg and /modreq (which isn't really a chat, but just a private need from a staff member). Getting to the point, this new chat would be called "A party chat". What you would do is create a party, which don't cost money and is made with a command. When you make your party, you can invite people in that party. There isn't a maximum amount of people that would be in the chat (in my mind), but the minimum would be two people. When you have two members in your group, you can now start chatting using whatever command would be thought of. When you send a invite to someone, they would have to accept or decline. The owner of the group can kick people out if he/she is being rude or annoying with a command. If a member of the group wants to leave the chat, they can. You would be also be able to delete your party and start a new one at any time. Everyone can have this party chat. One thing I didn't think out throughly though was if you can have multiple parties at a time. But that doesn't really matter yet, since this is just a idea not something final. That is my rough idea of how this would be like.

Will this be totally useless? Or will it actually benefit the server?
    I have found myself in situations where say I would be having a staff meeting. But the thing is, I don't want people to hear what we're talking about. Well duh, we have /msg. So what's the problem? Well it's kind of confusing to have a meeting in /msg for the following reasons: A. Only one person can hear, so you have to send out one thing to everyone multiple times. B. It would cause a lot of confusion and stress since everyone will have different responses at the same time, but they're not aware that someone else is responding also. This is basically just like normally talking in global or local chat, but only with the people of your choosing, not random people.

Im not sure how this idea will play out, but I hope you see some type of logic in this. This is an idea that just popped in my head, so if you point out flaws, Whoops, my bad.

If your reading this whole thread, thank you.

Hyori, KyloMeep, cooey and 3 others like this.
  3. _Smarties910_

_Smarties910_ Popular Meeper

+1 Yes, yes, yes.