1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Best Posts in Thread: Economy Flow

1. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

I bought /fix for $80 - What do I get in replacement?

What about the slippery slope precedent this supplies most other arguments, such as /spawner - etc?

But most importantly, I did not donate; I purchased a product and I'd be disappointed (read: Angry) if it were to be removed, regardless of my activity. (As I still do own the product I've purchased, it remains in my interest in perpetuity)

(With the addition of an offset of having my purchase devalued - The idea in itself is good)

2. PainCakexx1997

PainCakexx1997 Squirrel Power!

If we want meepcraft to have a stable economy and a flowing economy these are some of the things that will most likely have to go. By flowing I mean that cash changes hands more often. At this point some markets are stagnated and the reason for this is commands like /smelt and /fix. I know what you are about to say, But paincakexx what about commands like /feed. Well the thing about /feed is that atm there is a huge amount of food in circulation. People are giving out food for free, there will never be any money there because food is so easy to get. The reason /fix and /smelt is so bad is that it makes it so that the people with high ranks can trade down words to the people without ranks but the people without ranks can't trade with the people with these ranks. And I am talking about the Diamond, Coal, Lava bucket and blazerod market. I know that we have the command /fill as well, but the reason I don't think this will be a issue is that people are lazy and I think it will be easier to use coal or blaze rods then lava buckets with my suggestion.

/fix, something needs to be done with this command. It makes it so that diamonds are almost useless to some degree, the same goes for enchanted books. Because /fix is here the server economy is stagnated. I know that the server needs to get donations to get money but I think that having automated commands makes this in to more of a command game then minecraft. But that is not the only reason, if we look long term on this suggestion what would a more flow in the economy give to the server? Well as we know the more people there are in a economy the more money will be in that economy. If we made it easier for new players to get money then I think that more players would choose to stay on the server, and that means that more money would flow upwards as well as to new players.

But I think /fix is only part of the problem, /smelt is also a command I think needs to get some restrictions. The reason that /smelt is a problem is that it negates the use of coal, lava buckets and blazerods. These are items that doesn't cost much at all but in the long run they can have a effect on the economy. These commands fixes or makes something without sacrificing anything, there are no drawbacks at all with these commands.

What I would suggest is making it so that using /fix will demand some kind of material to fix it. Lets say that you are fixing a diamond chestplate and some other diamond items. Then /fix would demand 1 diamond for each item that was fixed as a fee. This would make it so that people would buy diamonds on a regular bases. Could also have it so that ones a item has been fixed 5 or 10 times the items stats would go down 1 lvl. Let's say you had a efficiency 4 diamond pickaxe then the 5 or 10 time you /fixed it it would go down to efficiency 3 and then you would have to use a enchanted book to get it back up to efficiency 4. We could also add a command so that when you want to make your item get its stats back you don't have to pay any experience for it. Doing /enchant and then a display would pop up on the screen where you put the item in and the enchanted book. This would only work on fixed items. This is so that it would not effect the market for the new players without ranks.

For /smelt I am suggesting something similar. 10% of the items needed to smelt something as a fee for using /smelt. It can be coal, lava or even blaze rods. This would make the money flow go bough to poor players and to rich players. Remember this is a long term solution.

Please state you opinion, and please put your reasoning as well. The reason this suggestion has been put here is to listen to what the community has to say. This is not something that has already been decided on, we want to listen to what you have to say about it. And remember it is just a suggestion.

And please forgive my english it is not my native language. Paincakexx1997 :)

FatIsNoob, Lilliya, 2leah2 and 10 others like this.
  3. epick8

epick8 The Meme Lord

This is exactly the problem. Those perks were implemented by the Meepcraft staff and given to people who purchased them. I donated for fly for fix for smelt. That was the agreement when I bought them. I get these things and you take my money. Most commands that have been given to ranks in the last year in a half have been suggestions on the forums. If they were economy killers, then thats the responsibility of those in charge of the economy to understand and when it was given the green light, they decided the cash influx and the happiness of the donators was worth it.

Thats irresponsible to take purchased items way without proper replacement of the benefits donated for and Deinen is also correct in the statement that its a slippery slope. Why stop at /fix? why not nerf /feed. Why not /fly. These all can hurt the economy. Why not nerf them as well. Being more responsible in how the economy is managed and not implement stupid commands in the first place is a much better idea. Can't just add more commands to increase donation incentive and take them away whenever.

4. epick8

epick8 The Meme Lord

That was a poorly written argument.
    1) The eco has historically worked better when under 2 bill.
    2) your threat was so empty I laughed.
    3) Prices are incredibly stupid and low on meep
    4) I will agree with you that people would be more inclined to charge back, but doubtful on everyone. would be a handful or less. All caps everyone doesn't quite make it true.

5. sicklynerd

sicklynerd Celebrity Meeper

So if I buy elite for $80 I can only /fix twice? C'mon.. the rank prices for meep are way too expensive already. If you place restrictions on the perks, you really need to de-buff the price..

CaveSpiderSam, Achmed, FunGUY and 4 others like this.
  6. Achmed

Achmed Popular Meeper

I personally think what we should do is strip all doners of ranks, perm ban them and then promote all citizens to admin.

7. cooey

cooey Legendary Meeper

Since we're at it, let's remove /fly too! after all its only a useless perk!

BooBear1227, metr0n0me, Peero and 3 others like this.
  8. Summers

Summers Hot Meeper

Actually /fix IS ruining the economy. Diamonds, E books, iron, Any item with enchants are worth very little because of /fix.

9. metr0n0me

metr0n0me Legendary Meeper

That's not the point. The point is that we shouldn't be promising something and then reneging on the promise later. Even if we don't get chargebacks, the mentality that "if they can't chargeback, we're good" is a very bad attitude. What does that say to future donators? What if we implement new perks, and potential donators see this and go "You know, I won't really donate; look at what they did to /fly and /fix and what not."

10. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

What does elite get now instead of /fix that is still something elites want and people below elite would donate for? It's no longer the most valuable rank without /fix.

If we make /fix limited to 1-2 uses, even if it was more and you bumped it to 5-10, that's extremely limiting and it's hardly even a perk anymore. A set of god tools can cost me 12K per item if I buy them, about.

If we make it so you need diamonds to fix your diamond tools, like how anvils do, then why not just use anvils? Exp. takes like 3 minutes to get now, even up to a high level.

As for /smelt, blaze rods are damn near free and can be gotten free at several grinders. You can't just add something and then take it away, that hurts the people who wanted, used, maybe even donated for that perk. Not our fault people decide to spend their money on coal when blaze rods are a much cheaper option?

Achmed, Pmx728, FunGUY and 2 others like this.
  11. Lord_Walrus

Lord_Walrus Popular Meeper

It does indirectly, I was able to make x100 more money with /fly than I was able to as an Elite.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 11, 2016, Original Post Date: Jan 11, 2016 ---
    If /fix or /fly is removed, I will leave. Not only is this unfair to those who have bought ranks, but will likely drive away future donators. It has been said many time before, but it is true that ranks are already overpriced as it is. If anything, they should be adding perks. I feel that some kind of risk that goes back into the economy (stocks/gold), would improve on the economy.

Yes, I know about the stock exploit.

12. Zer0000000000

Zer0000000000 Popular Meeper

lets just get rid of everyones ranks, we'll all be citizens, no /feed, /smelt, and /fix right?
    because that seems pretty much exact to the suggestion.

13. Peero

Peero Celebrity Meeper

+/- Personally, I think /smelt is pretty op and I like the idea with the 10% fuel needed. Maybe even 50%. But /fix I want kept the same. You could raise the point that it is kinda cheaty. For that matter, take away /fly, /nv, /feed and all the other commands that are cheaty and not in regular minecraft. It might be better if Supreme got /fix though, cause Elite has too may perks, Supreme doesn't have that many, and it would also nerf /fix in a fair way. About the /fix costing diamonds and such, I don't really like mining, so my only other option would be to buy them. But, by the end of the year, I'd of spent like 500k on just /fix'in my tools and armor. In building and clearing out areas, I use my pic so much. And when you need to clear out a lot of areas, your pic depletes fast. Really fast. It is not a bad idea, but I just would prefer it to stay as it is. But definently /smelt needs a nerf.