1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Best Posts in Thread: The Ideal Terrarium

1. legendcaleb

legendcaleb Celebrity Meeper

The type of terrarium I want :
    upload_2015-7-20_17-32-15.jpeg

Jayro89, Redolwolf, Klitch and 11 others like this.
  2. Chaase5

Chaase5 Popular Meeper

With the help of @Foretvert, and a couple of other PvPers, we have come up with a thread that gives the perspective of the Ideal Terrarium. Despite appreciating the opinions of non-pvpers, we would prefer that only those that actively pvp to reply here, seeing as only those that actively pvp will be pvping here. We realize that the new Terrarium was implemented a short while ago and realize that it will probably stay that way until spawn updates, however, we would appreciate this thread being taken into serious consideration.

In order to make this as simple as possible everything will be displayed in bulleted format.

Terrain

A pvp arena should focus on functionality over aesthetics. As such, it would is extremely advised that the Architect that builds this have knowledge about PvP. Simply, the following items below should be included.

• Flat with minimal hills no taller than three blocks high

• Make sure there is a lot of open space to fight in

• A few structures that do not get in the way are fine

• No vines, no cobwebs, minimal water, minimal lava as these impede the movements of players

Latency

PvP is perhaps one of the most underrated forms of lag in Minecraft. Due to this, PvP arenas should be optimized to present the most smooth and lag free experience possible. Below are ways to achieve this.

• An arena with fewer blocks to be rendered is ideal. As such, maps with fewer structures and terrain are preferred

• Move the Terrarium far away from spawn but still in the spawn world so the rest of the blocks in spawn won’t need to be rendered

• Otherwise, move the Terrarium to its own world or on its own server and give it its own /g tag

• Create a Terrarium portal in spawn akin to that of /warp dungeon

• This should also help eliminate cases of new players randomly wandering into the Terrarium

Combat Tag

There has been much contention between pvpers and the rest of the community about escape methods from the Terrarium. Generally speaking, a player should commit to fighting once they jump into the Terrarium. Granted, there are exceptions like when a player suddenly becomes doubled-teamed when they expected a 1v1, but this will be addressed in “Rules.” We propose that a Terrarium only plugin, similar to the existing combat log plugin, be created to do the following.

• Once a player enters combat, they are tagged as being in combat

• During this time, no commands may be used (as it is currently)

• After perhaps 15 or 30 seconds, a message will pop up in chat stating that the player is no longer tagged and may warp out

• If not too difficult to incorporate, create a message in chat that can be clicked to warp to spawn once the player is no longer tagged

• Normal escape methods should just be removed

Rules

The current set of rules and permissions in the Terrarium should be modified to the following.

• Disabled potions are Invisibility, Poison I & II, and Strength II

• Ender Peals should remain disabled

• Camping the Terrarium portal is illegal, likewise with /warp dungeon

• Combat logging will automatically kill a player

• Any hack, third party application, macro or other utility used to gain an unfair advantage over another player is illegal and will result in a perm ban

Teaming

Teaming, while fun to do, generally discourages solo players from entering the Terrarium. Therefore, we propose the following.

• Teams of no more than 2 players are legal in the Terrarium

• Any more members will result in a string of punishments that increase in severity depending on the offense number

• If players teamed in chat, a screenshot is all that is required for proof. Otherwise, video evidence is necessary

• Betrayals are legal

Current Issues

The following are issues regarding available permissions and protections on the current Terrarium that need to be removed.

• Remove /repair and /repair all

• Anticheat needs to be improved from what it already is: excessive hacking is too prevalent

In closure, we suggest the above things in order to revive PvP at the Terrarium. For those that ask, KitPvP is great for the players that don’t want to be too serious about PvP and don’t want to lose their items. The purpose of the Terrarium is to obtain PvP materials for personal use or for selling and to experience god fights. This is the place for competitive PvP and it’s a truly a shame to see its decline. Furthermore, we thank you all for taking the time to seriously consider these points. Please leave your opinions, especially if you actively PvP here.

Thanks again!

3. Foretvert

Foretvert The Forest King

Not client side as players would have fewer blocks that they need to render. The most ideal solution for the placement of the the Terrarium would be on its own server, but if that's not a possibility, its own world. Likewise, if that's not possible, being placed away from the rest of spawn is better for the reason stated above.

Why on earth would a competitive pvper enter the Terrarium with anything but god gear? This is should be the place for competitive pvp, whereas those that aren't inclined to pvp should go to kit. One simply can't hope to win anything with iron armor, so there's not really a point to Terrarium for them.

This is the point, being able to easily escape really not the goal here. Again, this is competitive pvp, where players agree to go in knowing they might lose.

I'm confused here, why would a teammate have to be betrayed? Trucing is fine, which I define as simply not attacking another player. Teaming, defined as multiple players attacking another player without attacking each other is not cool. Knowing this rule, the teammate shouldn't jump in. Lastly, "incredible toxicity?" Don't throw that word around just because you've heard it used with PvP.

This section is simply listing the current bugs that need to be fixed in Terrarium. Currently, /repair and /repair all function in Terrarium. This capability needs to be removed here.

Simply put, the Terrarium should be there for competitive pvp only. New competitive players are made by first learning to pvp, which could be done at /warp kitpvp. These new suggestions are made trying to draw existing pvpers towards becoming more competitive.

4. SwagUnitedFC

SwagUnitedFC Well-Known Meeper

I would definitely rather have a ladder that is hard to escape out of then the combat log thing. It would be very annoying to see a god in pvp, pot up, and then just logging out because tgey haven't been hit by another player.
    I also think that the team thing should be at least up to 3 players. Overall this is one of the best threads made for pvp.

5. Perryjay2

Perryjay2 Popular Meeper

I still think there should be a ladder.

If we drop the level of pvp, to make the ladders longer and harder to escape out of, we won't have as many people running out. Similar to how it was with the arena under spawn. But the reason i think there should be ladders are simple.

If someone just finishes a 1v1, they have got the opponents loot, but no helmets and armour on low, they don't want to hang around, waiting for somehody to jump them. So if there is a ladder they can get out much easier.

6. leodavinci9000

leodavinci9000 Popular Meeper

I found a few flaws in this suggestion.

Wouldn't this actually cause more lag with the chunks that would need to be loaded? What would we do with the space that the arena was in?

I don't know, unless that player has iron armor and doesn't want to get slaughtered by another player with enchanted diamond armor.

30 seconds is wayy too long. Players who get killed could easily go in and reset their timer with a single punch. This would be especially inconvenient if the new arena also goes with:
    And the player can't even hide when its extremely flat like you mentioned earlier.

This could lead to incredible toxicity if two players are on a team, but another teammate jumps in and one has to be betrayed.

If you mean take out the command itself, most of the donors are going to be mad.
    If you mean take out the "limited item" tag upon entering the arena, that's going to be abused.

This is my main issue with this. How is pvp going to not decline if:
    There's nowhere for citizens to hide when they see a player with enchanted diamond armor? They probably won't jump if they see the diamond guy lurking around
    Newbs will have difficulty escaping? They probably won't want to get in at all
    Citizens can't even find the arena? How would pvp grow if few players are going to find the arena, and even fewer are going to stay?

I'm at a big -1 here.

7. Lilstokes

Lilstokes Celebrity Meeper

It'd be uber cool if the terrarium was created by the players. You don't need the PVP arena to look fantastic to be functional, right?

8. Miro995

Miro995 Celebrity Meeper

Best thing I have read on these forums.

9. legendcaleb

legendcaleb Celebrity Meeper

@leodavinci9000 you keep saying "what will citizens do if they can't hide" but I can't stress this enough, if that you jump in the terrarium with iron armor, you will probably die to a god person, no matter what you want. No matter if 'they just want to collect stuff' or 'want to kill other irons', its THEIR OWN RISK. If you jump down into the terrarium you put your entire inventory at risk. +1

10. ryker26

ryker26 Well-Known Meeper

We're just getting mad because we've been asking for change for a while now and staff and arch's are completely ignoring us.

This is about the terrarium, we want the terrarium to change. not the wild, not towns, the terrarium. Is that clear? I thought the title "the ideal terrarium" would be clear enough for people.

Very true but the terrariums lag is terrible and doing all of the things stated would reduce the current lag significantly.

Where in the suggestion do you see us asking for absolutely no lag? We all know its near impossible to achieve no lag. Please read what @Chaase5 said before commenting your crap on his suggestion.

Yay! You can read! I hope this is about what PvPers want for a new terrarium considering we're the ones that are PvPing in it.

Yes yes because the opinion of a fantastic PvPer like yourself is much appreciated even tho the thread says this
    Right! Because you (the amazing meepcraft builder) knows EXACTLY what every PvPer thinks on meepcraft!

What have we done wrong? What could we do wrong? We have no perms or anything, bud.

Are we supposed to blame the citizens? The blocks? Of course we blame the staff because they are the people on the server who have the power to make change but they don't fight for what the PvPers have been begging for for years. The only staff member trying to help the PvP community is @Foretvert he's doing a fantastic job but we need more than just him.

The last 6 were.

Yeah, that hasn't happened.

smh you really do know nothing about PvP. What makes a player good at PvP is strafing, moving a certain way, several things that are almost impossible to do with all the useless crap in the terrarium. We NEED open space to do all the things that makes a good PvPer good.

Absolutely! That it what I look for in servers, it means there is a great community of active competitive PvPers. Something this server is greatly lacking now. If a new player wanted to PvP but didn't want to lose stuff against the big scary PvPers they can go to kitpvp.

You don't know jack about minecraft PvP! Please take your useless comments elsewhere.
    We don't need any input from the one who made the WORST terrarium in meepcraft history.

11. Iatemyfriends

Iatemyfriends Supreme Leader

Guys I have an idea that has NEVER been thought of before. Staff I hope you're listening for this big surprise!!!!! Bring back the first terrarium (the 4 biome terrarium with 1 ladder). I'm glad I thought of this because I have not heard 90% of pvpers saying that they want old terrarium back.

12. OsiasJupiter

OsiasJupiter Celebrity Meeper

Leodavinci, You dont know what PvPers want. We/PvPers just want a flat arena so we can fight better than going in water or lava. If you go in terrarium, it means you're willing to die because its a PvP arena. So If you dont want to die, then dont go in :D.
    +1