1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Best Posts in Thread: How I Make My Signatures

1. chaos546

chaos546 Canadian Forums Stalker

Now that it's a better size, you have to save it to your computer. Select 'File', 'Save', and then save it as you want it named to a good place on your computer. Personally, I like my Pictures folder, but it's your choice.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Click back onto your fire background, then hit 'Layer', 'Open Image as Layer', then select your picture.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Move the Charmander to where you want it (I prefer the edges myself), and select the eraser tool. Select the brush size you want (depending on the image, I select a hard, round, 9 or 15 or 20).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Now, wherever you draw, it will erase the background. Try to keep a steady hand, and if you mess up, don't be afraid to undo using the 'History' box on the left. Once you erase most of it, you can use smaller or larger brushes depending on what is left. Tip; Zoom in by scrolling down on your mouse wheel, or however else you scroll. Note that I also felt that it should be on the other side, so after erasing the background I went to 'Layer', 'Flip Horizontal', then selected the move tool and moved it to the opposite side.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I also added a bit of glow on the tail, which you'll notice later.

Alright, now for the fun part; textures. I usually get these off deviantart, due to the fact that I can tell if they are free to use or not. My favorite person is sirius-sdz because all of their textures are free and wonderful, so I suggest trying them first. Once you find a picture, copy the url (right click and select 'Copy Image Url'), then add it like a normal layer. This is where the fun begins; You can change the effect on the layer. With the layer selected, click the arrow in the bottom left of the box, and then select the drop-down menu for Mode. Layer, Alpha, and Erase modes do nothing, so I suggest not even trying them. Play around with these for awhile, then when you are happy, adjust the opacity until you are satisfied. For this, I chose 41 opacity and a Hardlight mode, which I thought enhanced the glow of the picture.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I think that should be it for Pixlr. Select 'File', 'Save', and then put it in the correct folder. Keep this tab open though, just in case.

PICMONKEY
    Open up Picmonkey.com. Select 'Edit', then find your picture. I often use simple, easy to remmber names, such as personnamesig and personamesigtxt, so I can remember well.

Picmonkey is the place to play. There are so many effects, text, and other fun things to play around with. For this sig, I decided to use 65% faded green Cross Process, 10% strength Boost, size 13 round Bokeh, size 39 intensity 40% black Dark Edges, size 74 black 0% faded Santo Dumont text saying 'Randomuser123', and size 20 black 20% faded La Belle Aurore text saying 'the brightest fires are those of the heart'.

When you are done, you can exit all your tabs and upload the photo to imgur.com. Share it using the url at the top, I'd love to see your work!

Ask me any questions below, I'll even be happy to hop on TS with you and give you a full walkthrough.

Final product:
    [​IMG]
    http://i.imgur.com/VJhkuMt.jpg

Visit my store below:
    http://meepcraft.com/threads/chas-sig-and-avatar-store-warning-image-heavy.1008/

Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
  2. chaos546

chaos546 Canadian Forums Stalker

So, as many of you know, I've made plenty of signatures and avatars for many forums users. People have requested me tell them how to make them, which is quite difficult, so I decided to make this tutorial so that I can direct anyone else who asks to this.

I'm going to start by saying that in this case, practice makes perfect. I taught myself all of this, and it took me a loongg time, so don't be worried if you don't make good signatures your first try. It's nothing to be embarrassed about; you should see some of my first atrocities!

Okay, so to begin, I'm going to introduce you to my two best friends; pixlr.com and picmonkey.com. These two sites are my saviours; without them, you wouldn't see any of my signatures. I also have to pay my respects to google.ca and deviantart.com, as they are my image resources. I also use imgur.com to share my signatures.

Let's start this by pretending that someone has posted this;

This request is fairly simple, but it involves using my basic techniques.

GOOGLE
    Well, you always have to use a base, right? I start with a background, always. For this, I think an fiery background would be useful, so search whatever you want, then hit 'images'.

A word of advice; at this stage, you want to avoid watermarks (a sign of copyright) and generally, deviantart. While deviantart is good for textures, most backgrounds are not stock, and therefore copyrighted as well.

[​IMG]
    I like this one, so I click 'view image' on the right and then copy the url in the top box.

Tip: A stock image is an image that is essentially not protected by copyright; exactly the image we want!

PIXLR
    I normally start all my signatures with pixlr, depending on the request. Generally, I use pixlr for putting things on top of other pictures ie: adding an object, or adding textures. I also tend to start cropping here.

Okay. Let's grab that url we copied from earlier, and click 'Open image from URL' in Pixlr.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Tip: Ctrl + V on a PC will paste, while Command (Apple) + V on a mac will do the same.

Now that we have our image, we should crop it to the right size for a signature. Generally, I try to make them short and wide. The crop button should be automatically selected when you open pixlr, so if you draw the size you want to crop it to on the picture, then click anywhere else on the screen, then click yes, it cropped your picture!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Okay, now we need our Charmander! Generally, we want to find an image with a transparent background. This means, when searching, we should add 'transparent', 'transparent background', or 'png' to our search. However, for the sake of the tutorial, I'll show you how to erase a background.
    [​IMG]

Ah, I like this one! Copy it the same way you did with the background, but instead of selecting open image from url, mouse over 'Layer' and choose 'Open Layer from url'.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Uh oh, looks like my Charmander is way too big for my picture. Unfortunately, pixlr doesn't let you resize layers individually, so we have to delete Charmander and resize him a different way. To delete a layer, right click on it in the right-hand tool box, and then select 'Delete Layer'. Tip: If you don't have a right click button on a Mac, hold Ctrl and then left click it.
    [​IMG]
    Now, with Pixlr, you can open more than one image at a time. Go to 'File' in the top left corner, and then click 'Open Image with Url'. Paste in Charmander's url, and hit Ok.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Now, if you move the charmander to the right a bit, you'll notice two little numbers by the bottom left corner of the background picture (Number x Number). The first number is width, and the second is height. Therefore, you want the height of your charmander to be a little less than that height. Hit 'Image', then 'Image Size', then in height, put a number a little bit lower than the height of your background.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (to be continued)

Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
  3. HazTheMan99

HazTheMan99 Celebrity Meeper

Illegal torrents are love
    Illegal torrents are life

also, couldn't you use the magic wand tool to remove the background?