1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Best Posts in Thread: Dart_Knight's Staff Application :)

1. Dart_Knight

Dart_Knight Popular Meeper

IGN: Dart_Knight
    TZ: Pacific
    In Game Hours: Average is 4-6 hours
    TS: (if you mean the nickname thing it's:) Dart_Knight
    Mic: Longitech headset

Introduction
    Hi guys, many of you know me as Dart_Knight or just Dart, and this is my helper application. I've been around meep for about 10 months. November 21, 2012: The day I joined this server. It's a complicated thing to go from single player to a huge multiplayer server with extra commands, meeting new people, etc. As I was one of these people, being led blindly until I was able to go on myself. I did about 20 modreq's my first day. "Where do I go, How do I get to my town, How do I get money, How do I get a plot, etc." As I was helped by a lot of staff members, it inspired me to become a staff member myself, helping others through their first day. So I've tried to gain some popularity and finally I got enough reputation to start on a mod application. And so I did, got denied some times, but then finally accepted! I was so thrilled that day, becoming a trial mod. But become excited and all just become serious the next couple days. I didn't really had a good foundation on my first day so I made a lot of mistakes. I completed other modreq's by accident, I accidentally kicked people for wrong things, and screwed up on ban times a little. But after two weeks of being trial mod, it finally smoothed out, no more mistakes, then the next day, I became a mod. :)
    Why
    "Being is staff is hard and you do countless modreq's, why do you want to do it?". I've been staff before as I said in my introduction, and I just liked helping people ever since I memorized the wall of new commands that I had to learn. I've been staff for around 5-6 months, I memorized all the commands, memorized ban times, know what to kick for, etc. Since then, things have been adjusted, ban times have been altered, commands are different, but that's ok, I've memorized a new wall of commands before, if I did it before, I can do it again. Also, I have aquired some great skills needed for mod, like multitasking, what to do in a specific situation, knowing to type fast, and in general, common sense. To add on, I am on forums every day to post daily to make sure I don't become inactive on forums. As staff, you also need to be active on forums, checking ban appeals, deleting spam posts, catching like bots, etc, which I can do because I am active in games and on forums. Also, the time I have been mod, there has been no demotion requests against me. I also wake up very early, and I mean really early. During this time, there are no mods and some people can get away with spam or modreq's can pile. I can assist with modreq's before others get online to be sure the modreq's don't pile to 20.

In Conclusion
    I think I would be a great helper or mod considering my amount of time as staff already on this server so I know what to do. I just have to learn ban times but I've done it once, I can do it again. I also am online when no mods are so I can help do modreq's before it compiles into a large number. I have a screen recording system that I can use to catch hackers/loggers so I don't have to use screen shots, this is good because screen shots sometimes don't tell the whole story, there can be some variables. For example, a logger caught on screen shot. What if the person ran away and the attacker didn't see him, he only needs a screen shot of him fighting and another with a screen shot of nothing where we was just standing. Last, I only build on this server in towns, that's pretty much all I will do so I will get bored at times and doing modreq's can assuage that. I have decided not to pvp anymore on this server.

Weakness
    My only weakness is my maturity and activity. I'm sort of a jokester and like to joke around in minecraft if I get bored, but I can get really serious when there is a bad situation. I don't let my maturity go completely away when I get bored, (I don't like troll people), but I like to say random jokes sometimes or say my friend is a poop, but nothing too serious. Also with the activity part, I am kind of busy in school. But I do homework early and efficient so I can go on the computer or on my phone to moderate. Although I don't think activity is much of a problem with the new MineChat app thanks to our tech btilm. Also with activity, as I mentioned in my intro, I am kind of shy and may mute my mic if I don't feel like talking, but if it is something serious, I will get into the chat and voice my opinion. Last I just downloaded teamspeak 3 days ago but just muted my mic because it was kind of silent.

Thanks for your time to read this kind of big application, I appreciate it. If you give me a -1, tell me on how I can improve to hopefully become a better person in general.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  2. Fizzy

Fizzy Popular Meeper

You can't exactly talk :c

I biased +1