1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Feb 23, 2014: 20% Economy Reduction

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Fuzzlr, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Jiltism

Jiltism Celebrity Meeper

Everyone loses 20%

Take your balance... Multiple it by .2... Then subtract what you get from your original balance

2. epick8

epick8 The Meme Lord

I am completely in agreement with you. I earned vip through meebles in about 11 days. Just starting the server and knowing little about MC in general, this is mildly impressive(to myself not to anyone else). I worked extremely hard from the ground up to get all that money, so i know the difference between someone who wants the easy way out and someone who works to get meebles. Even not being rich I really think the rich shouldn't be penalized simply because their effort was greater than others.

Khafra, CaptaineAli and K9_Caper like this.
  3. KariStar86

KariStar86 Heroine of Time

I should clarify that I wasn't just thinking of richer players here (and I am not one! ;)). Lower voting awards, like $1,000 per vote (up to $3,000 per day) would still benefit poorer or new players but may not be enough incentive for those with more Meebles to vote. That's why I mentioned keeping the "lucky" votes, because it would maintain that incentive.

4. MaxximusDavid

MaxximusDavid Well-Known Meeper

Fuzzlr if you have time, could you please respond. Is every item in the shops, getting reduced by 20% as well, or just taking 20% of the meebles out of the economy. There has not been much clarification.

5. funkyrainbows

funkyrainbows Double Rainbow

Or even easier:
    Money multiplied by .8

6. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

To make it fair and so this doesn't have to be a long term burden, I agree with the one-time 20%. I still do not see why you need to take money from the server's players though

7. Khafra

Khafra Celebrity Meeper

Well, I'm really freaking pissed off at how many ranks suck.
    Supreme- only /blaze and /spawner, totally not worth it
    Premium- iron prices reduced useless shop, no useful commands.

I will never vote because it is a reason why the economy is being ruined.

mtthwllc and Orangefanta1028 like this.
  8. 2klassy

2klassy Celebrity Meeper

Or you could just add mini-games that require in game money. Example: Make Kit-PVP so people have to spend in game money to get stronger items.

9. 2klassy

2klassy Celebrity Meeper

I love how you could simply put all your money in your town bank. Therefore the money wouldn't be taken.

10. 2klassy

2klassy Celebrity Meeper

Or you can just convert all your money into gold ingots. As a result the money can't be taken out of your items...

11. UglyUnicorn

UglyUnicorn Celebrity Meeper

I should of mention, you have to put the money in the bank after taxes, you can't throw it away

12. duskyfox

duskyfox Popular Meeper

This tax (I believe) took from people's pockets as well as town banks. Putting it all in one place is (was) advisable to not get the tax double, but you can't avoid it by dumping all money in the town.
    Also - Fuzzlr - I don't think this can be referred to as an "economy reduction." Reducing an economy? Impossible, unless you start nuking people. Economy is made of people and their needs.
    This isn't reducing the economy. It's reducing the amount of money on the server. Get your terminology right, don't just use words to sound nice.
    #20%MoneyReduction

13. funkyrainbows

funkyrainbows Double Rainbow

/eat is an awesome command. You don't donate for perks, but to support the server.

duskyfox likes this.
  14. Khafra

Khafra Celebrity Meeper

Well I don't want to support a server where they don't listen to donators, but they did fix iron prices so that's the only thing I cared about

Orangefanta1028 likes this.
  15. Dwizzle4269

Dwizzle4269 Popular Meeper

Since I mainly get money from voting (since it's the only reliable source of income now)
    the recent 20% tax, basically just means that I was forced to vote for free....for weeks on end.
    That's fun. Thanks.

16. KariStar86

No, it doesn't. Everyone was charged 20 percent - not just you - meaning everyone has about the same relative wealth that they had before (but item prices are still adjusting). If you didn't vote then, you would have less money than you do now. Also, no one was forcing you to do anything. :)

17. Dwizzle4269

It means that I earned $1600 per vote this whole time.
    Or, it could mean that every fifth vote was free.
    Depending on how you look at it.
    That's what it means.

duskyfox likes this.
  18. KariStar86

And everyone else who sold items for 100 Meebles really did it for 80, and everyone who charged 1,000 Meebles for a service really only charged 800, etc., and on and on.

19. Dwizzle4269

Well, I have no idea how much a vote is actually worth then huh?
    If I vote today, and put 2,000 in my account...
    That means nothing. Right on. I understand.

20. KariStar86

In the U.S., if you bought an item in 1913 for $20, that same item would be worth $472.56 today. That's called inflation, and it's the same thing that was happening in MeepCraft and lowering the value of the Meeble. This reduction was a forced reversal of that process - or deflation - in order to raise the value of Meebles. It won't stop the process long-term, but it sounds like Fuzzlr's got other plans for that.

With continued inflation, you would get your $2,000 per vote, but it would be worth less and less over time because more and more Meebles are being pumped into the economy. So actually, this reduction was meant to increase the value of the money you make - or at least keep it from decreasing. :) We'll see how well that works.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 23, 2014, Original Post Date: Feb 23, 2014 ---
    I should add that I don't think the goal is - or should be - to stop the inflation process completely. In the real world, deflation can be as much of a problem as too-fast inflation, because it can mean that the economy is shrinking instead of growing. I don't know how that translates to Minecraft, haha... but I'd imagine you'd want economic growth to keep pace with the level of activity on the server. That way, even if there are more Meebles in the system, they still have value and the economy is still functioning. Fuzzlr basically forced the economy to shrink, but it seems like this is meant to be a one-time thing to help rebalance it.

duskyfox, epick8 and Muunkee-Alexia like this.