1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

yet again, another AFK suggestion

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Vexmae, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Vexmae

Vexmae Royal-Tea Staff Member Mod Media

I've seen a lot of afk suggestions, mostly about people messaging and not going through because they're afk, and they want it to transfer through to a /mail, I've thought of a different thing, but I'm not sure on the benefits of it.

Basically, if a player has gone afk it will have an 'A' next to their name in tab, now that I think of it it sounds pretty dumb, but it will also make people who message the said afk person aware that they are afk and can message them once they become un-afk or they can mail them if they go offline before the have the chance, and also on their /seen there could be a 'Status:' type of thing that will show if they're Afk, online or offline, but that could also tie in with the current /seen of a time if they're offline or online. so I'm not sure, but I've thought of it, but I'm not sure how easy it will be to chance the current viewings of tab or /seen, but owell.

2. DarkKnight49x

DarkKnight49x ⏦ ❀ The True Dark Knight ❀ ⏦

*afk*
    *someone presses tab to see if am afk*
    *reads*
    A[Legend]DarkKnight49x

*new player logs in*
    *presses tab*
    *believes am a real legendary batman*
    10/10 support

i like the idea, you never know when someone is actually afk unless they say it in chat or some way or form like that. But I think the mail option would be a bit more idea since you never know how log that person is going to be gone for and you're just waiting there over and over and then u have to go

iKitten, riri30 and Marshy_88 like this.
  3. EllieEllie

EllieEllie Staff Member Leadership

I like this idea, I'd rather it said [afk] instead of just A but I think it'd be really useful

4. Vexmae

Vexmae Royal-Tea Staff Member Mod Media

I was thinking of this, but then I thought it might make tab a little much.

5. LordInateur

LordInateur Deus Ex Machina Staff Member Administrator

Tbh it would probably be cleanest to just make it a part of /seen (since ban status, location, and other metadata go through that as well). This won't be implemented immediately because I'm currently in the process of cleaning up and rewriting a lot of our infrastructure, but I'm definitely open to including a /seen marker and a message (for when someone tries to /msg or /r) for afk players. Such additions would be included in the new infrastructure.

Accepted, pending prioritization.

iKitten, qazini, Muunkee and 3 others like this.
  6. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Denied after further consideration