1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

World Edit in Creative

Discussion in 'Completed' started by Silver01, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Silver01

Silver01 Celebrity Meeper

One of the demands microsoft made for us when EULA was enforced was to remove world edit in creative. Before, anyone Exclusive+ had the ability to use worldedit in any creative plot they had permissions on. Since then, we've stopped listening to EULA and re-implemented plenty of features that were previously available. The only ones we didn't re-implement (such as /fix, /spawner, spawner mining, etc.) were left out because we believed it hurt the economy more than it helped. However, world edit in creative seems like it was overlooked.
    If it wasn't overlooked and was left out intentionally, a possible reason for this is the abuse of worldedit to create lag. However, if we have it like we used to, where only exclusive+ has worldedit, lag would rarely be a problem. People who have put as much time and money as they have to get exclusive, they would likely not risk getting banned for such a moronic reason.

TL; DR Let Exclusive+ have worldedit in creative it'll be great I promise

2. Bloopers

Bloopers Celebrity Meeper

they said they'd bring it back like, a long time ago. i'm pretty sure it's still on trello.

3. TheTastyNacho

TheTastyNacho Celebrity Meeper

My friend likes to rant on and on about how he payed for world-edit on the creative server he plays on, and he loves it, and its amazing and super useful. I don't know what it is really or how to use it, but it sounds nice. +1

EatSomeCheezCake likes this.
  4. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

+1

This is a good idea, with this players like myself don't have to go to other servers to design.

EatSomeCheezCake likes this.
  5. Marthacuddles

Marthacuddles Celebrity Meeper

ive never used world edit a day in my life, but i could see other players really enjoying this +1
    (i think this is on trello lol)

6. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

I want to replace air with lava and make nearby plots lag. +1

7. Silver01

Silver01 Celebrity Meeper

I checked trello, I didn't see anything about worldedit in creative there.

8. MasterTurtle

MasterTurtle Popular Meeper

Same here. I have never used it before, but I think it could be cool to try it out. +1

9. Draqq

Draqq beans on toast

fuzzlr said the admins were to give everyone the perms for it but none of them ever bothered

SpongeyStar likes this.
  10. KlutchDecals

KlutchDecals The Real Ironman Elder

Realistically its because you guys cant even not spawn in 4000 minecarts so why would I waste my time.

11. hakureireiimu

hakureireiimu Meeper

This would be very cool ideas!

You can disable certain block :D Use FastAsyncWorldedit and then there will no be lag

MasterofBoom likes this.
  12. Draqq

Draqq beans on toast

Because everyone was supposed to get limited world edit, if you couldn't think about that then I dunno what to say

13. KlutchDecals

I would still like to give everyone world edit, But the reason isnt because "We never got around to it". Its because we are trying to focus towny, like most of you wanted at this time.

KyloMeep, SuperDyl, Muunkee and 2 others like this.
  14. Draqq

Draqq beans on toast

So you're saying after a year and 2 different creative plugins, none of the admins have had 5 minutes to add perms to a rank which people obviously want, whats the point having more than towny if thats your mindset

OKNEM and creepersareokay like this.
  15. qazini

qazini Neighborhood Panini

I do think that this would be cool, because even though I see what Klutch means, creative is often used by people to plan things out for towny. At least I use it to prototype how things will look in my town, and world edit would make it faster.

16. KlutchDecals

SInce your ignorance on this topic goes above and beyond, Ill let it go.
    We have 1 plugin that allows for the use of W.E, and its not 1 permission. Otherwise you would be able to do commands that are unacceptable. If you want to do the work, Feel free.

17. hakureireiimu

hakureireiimu Meeper

I can help you set up FAWE if need! I'm use it to build on my server. You can edit million of block without any lag at all. It best version of worldedit for server who wants to let players use.

I can help and give permissions nodes for player if you want.

PeriHeika and OKNEM like this.
  18. WhoNeedsJimbo

WhoNeedsJimbo Popular Meeper

And thus KlutchDecals refused to get help from the community...

SuperDyl and Bloopers like this.
  19. SpongeyStar

SpongeyStar Professor in Wumbology

sometimes you build something 2 blocks off and it's too darn hard to redo the whole thing
    also it was easy to make really neat floors
    so +1
    depending on how hard it's to implement I guess

20. Vamp1re_Man

Vamp1re_Man Celebrity Meeper

I had a quick look into this a while back and set up a list of permission nodes that would be acceptable for players to have access to.

Not being an expert on world edit myself, I would assume that there would also need to be restrictions on how many blocks can be edited at a time to minimize any lag, although when testing the permissions when I was looking into this I did note that async world edit was enabled, which I hope would also help reduce lag and possibly render a block limit unneeded.

qazini and OKNEM like this.