1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Will Donald Trump win the U.S. presidential election in 2020?

Discussion in 'Debates' started by CryogenicNewt05, Apr 15, 2018.

?

Will Donald Trump win the U.S. presidential election in 2020?

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    21.4%
  2. No

22 vote(s)
    78.6%
  1. Blue_Marlin

Blue_Marlin Popular Meeper

LoL

2. FamousZAmos

FamousZAmos Popular Meeper

1 - what's wrong with zapping gays
    2 - regardless Of your opinion Imma still love pence no homo (although idk if he will actually run)

3. Blue_Marlin

I don’t see where it says Pence wants to “zap” anyone.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 18, 2018, Original Post Date: Apr 18, 2018 ---
    Gays are still people too lol, you can’t just zap them into something else.
    I don’t think Pence will run either.

4. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

I think trump will have trouble being re-elected. For one thing, he barely won the presidential election this time, and a lot of the US population believes he won by a technicality which Trump even mocked during his campaign (the electoral college).

Additionally, his party is not completely supporting him at this point, and he is already involved in a scandal (Russia influence on the presidential campaign). When you look at why an incumbent would be defeated, you look for a small margin victory, low age/inexperience, unfavorable voters, etc. He has the incredibly small margin of victory, and a majority of the voters against him. With the amount of people that get fed up by something he does during his first term, if Hillary can maintain her previous voters, she will win

5. Blue_Marlin

Donald Trump won by his policies. I can’t stress this enough and this is why I’m so angry that he is even considering amnesty. Any amnesty will destroy the Republican Party and in my opinion if we don’t have a Republican President, we will destroy America. Good thing is, America doesn’t use the popular vote (even though he only lost the popular vote by 2.9 million people).

Another good thing about Trump. Trump is neither the Republican Party or the Democratic Party. He is what I call the American Party (or the party of Trump). He was so bizarre, so refreshing and so different from any other candidate that everyone liked him. The biggest poll was the poll on November 8th, Election Day, the day we, The American people, voted Donald Trump to be President. Every poll, both from the left and the right is bias & rigged to get the answer they want. If Trump runs in 2020 I have no doubt in my mind that we wouldn’t win a second term but if he doesn’t fulfill his campaign promises, he may lose a large portion of his base. However, depending on the Democratic nominee, he may win again! I don’t think a Democrat will take office for a while (or Atleast I hope) I do however think Trump should stress on what Republican will run against him.

smk and FamousZAmos like this.
  6. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

I agree with the end of this, but some of his campaign promises are absurd (the wall). I think with a scandal, the small victory, public dissaproval, and after the hype has died down, a strong candidate from either party could possibly win election from him. And I also agree, I think the Republican nomination for the next election will be tougher than the presidential election to be honest. Hillary is a weak candidate, Trump was a slightly less weak candidate (they’re both idiots in my opinion based off of some of the absurd things they’ve said and done, but how much of that is a ploy for media attention?). I was hoping for like a Mitt Romney to run for the republican nomination, but no one came.

It seems like it’s far easier to just have crappy President after crappy President rather than getting a decent candidate, but we definitely needed a Republican President after 8 years of Obama, things were swinging too far one way. Although I wish we would have had a stronger Republican beat out Trump for the Republican nomination, but it’s a little late now.

I just think a strong candidate could defeat him despite incumbency

7. kwagscraft

kwagscraft Celebrity Meeper

I think he will be the republican candidate a second term. While a lot of people have hopped off the trump train, from what I can tell, people that were die-hard trump supporters pre-election are still die-hard trump supporters. Right now, his approval rating is hovering around 40%, which is pretty solid, especially if his competition next election is someone as unlikable as Hillary.

I disagree with this characterization. Trump is a strong candidate, as he is able to inspire fervor in his fans despite being senile and having had three wives while still having the support of the religious right.

Blue_Marlin likes this.
  8. Blue_Marlin

Mitt Romney is no Republican. He is like a Paul Ryan Republican or what we Trumpians call RINO’s. And the only person off the Trump train is Trump. He’s starting to irritate me.

Americans are still waiting on Trump to put America first. Build the wall, end catch & release, end DACA, deport criminals, hire more ICE agents, withdraw from pointless wars, you know, the things Americans voted him into office to do.

The sad thing is Trump doesn’t even need congress for most of the promises the American people want.

Withdraw from pointless wars —-> doesn’t need congress

Build the wall —-> doesn’t need congress

Enforce immigration laws —-> doesn’t need congress

Most trade deals —-> doesn’t need congress

Bringing back jobs —-> doesn’t need congress

If only we had elected Trump into office instead of this guy we have now, we may be going somewhere!

FamousZAmos likes this.
  9. Bokoblincraft

Bokoblincraft Well-Known Meeper

No he can't win he's sTupId

10. cooey

cooey Legendary Meeper

Thank you for your very constructive and helpful post

11. Bokoblincraft

Bokoblincraft Well-Known Meeper

I'm always here to help ;)