1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

What version pvp?

Discussion in 'Debates' started by Wiggle_Waggle, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Wiggle_Waggle

Wiggle_Waggle Popular Meeper

name it below

2. WeAreNumberUno

WeAreNumberUno Celebrity Meeper

anyone who thinks 1.10 is better honestly hates fun and unicorns.

3. InfernoJack

InfernoJack Popular Meeper

1.8 pvp is alot better

4. Pmx728

Pmx728 Legendary Meeper

1.7 but 1.8 is ok too.

Lady_Hestia and CluelessKlutz like this.
  5. spartanfighter12

spartanfighter12 Popular Meeper

1.7, is this even a question

6. CyborgZeroX

CyborgZeroX -=Retired Staff Member=- Elder

I donno I like the 1.10 pvp, you have to time everything like in a real fight.

but hey that's just me. ;)

Bloopers and Mjs6000 like this.
  7. spartanfighter12

timing everything doesn't make it a real fight. In a real fight you're not waiting for your sword to cooldown

Lets start with a video I found that shows a fight in 1.9:

If you look at it, combat is literally the same, except it's slower and boring

A lot of people get comboed on PVP battles and are complaining about their losing streak. They say that the new PVP is much more skill based, But it's not. The old PVP system (1.7/1.8) is really the same skill based level as the new (1.9). Those people I talked about before, (↑), say that PVP is just spam clicking and die. And I say its NOT, PVP has much more strategics then they think. Strafing, Comboing, rod, bow, and more. If you lose to some one over and over again, they're just better at PVP then you. To become better at PVP you need to work hard on it.
    Practice → skills
    Just like being good at command blocks, survival Redstone, building and paekour, PVP requires skills and always did!

And a lot of you probably haven't thought about PVE!
    PVE will be much harder now, because- why not make armor much weaker!? And you already know that YOU fight much slower, but what about mobs? THEY DON'T!
    Mobs will still fight at the same way they used to!
    So, I guess I'll end this thread with a meme I made for the 1.9 update:

[​IMG]

PVP was slain by 1.9

too lazy to rant so I copy pasted one of the many

CluelessKlutz and InfernoJack like this.
  8. coobl

coobl Active Meeper

1.8, and if possible remove the bs food health regen.

1.9 was a downgrade in pvp. People always use the excuse "it takes more strategy in 1.9/1.10 to pvp!!1!" I don't understand how waiting half a second inbetween each hit is strategy but okay.

9. dragon8877

dragon8877 Celebrity Meeper

I don't think in a real fight you'll be swinging your sword 5 times a second

smk and CyborgZeroX like this.
  10. 00000

00000 Guest

I don't know, I felt like strafing and how you move was a large part of PvPing. I haven't even attempted to seriously PvP for over a year now, though.
    Perhaps I'm wrong here, but I don't feel the argument of a "real fight" should be applying here. We're discussing what's better for MeepCraft more so than realism; and I feel like 1.8 PvP will make it much easier to fight both mobs and players. There was some kind of feel about it that made me love it so much, even if I didn't do it much. Nowadays, I can barely even kill a mob in less than 7 seconds.

I hate 1.10 PvP. It's not as much that, though, as the PvE. I just want to be able to easily kill mobs like before. I don't want to keep hitting them over and over again waiting for my kills to register. Same for players, but this is an entirely subjective issue, I suppose.

11. Wiggle_Waggle

Wiggle_Waggle Popular Meeper

anything but 1.10 i would be happy with because 1.10 sucks. in a real fight, you don't take codlin to your sword. lol

CluelessKlutz and Ranger0203 like this.
  12. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Here are the changes 1.9 PvP made:
    "

• generic.attackSpeed
      • Measures fully-charged attacks per second.
      • The attack speed value is shown as a tooltip on the respective tool.
      • Base is 4.0, meaning the bar refills in 0.25s.
        • Swords have a modifier of -2.4, resulting in a default modifier of 1.6 (refilling in about 0.63s).
        • Pickaxes have a modifier of -2.8, resulting in a default modifier of 1.2 (refilling in about 0.83s).
        • Shovels have a modifier of -3, resulting in a default modifier of 1 (refilling in about 1s).
        • Axes have a modifier based on the tier.
          • Wooden and stone axes have a modifier of -3.2, resulting in a default modifier of 0.8 (refilling in about 1.25s).
          • Iron axes have a modifier of -3.1, resulting in a default modifier of 0.9 (refilling in about 1.11s).
          • Diamond and gold axes have a modifier of -3, resulting in a default modifier of 1 (refilling in about 1s).
        • Hoes have a modifier based on the tier.
          • Wooden and gold hoes have a modifier of -3, resulting in a default modifier of 1 (refilling in about 1s).
          • Stone hoes have a modifier of -2, resulting in a default modifier of 2 (refilling in about 0.5s).
          • Iron hoes have a modifier of -1, resulting in a default modifier of 3 (refilling in about 0.33s).
          • Diamond hoes have a modifier of 0, resulting in a default modifier of 4 (refilling in about 0.25s).
        • The Haste effect increases the attack speed by 10% per level, while Mining Fatigue decreases it by 10% per level."
    "
    Combat
    • New “attack strength” combat mechanic.
      • A meter shows up after switching items or attacking.
        • Damage done depends on the fullness of the meter, with a quadratic reduction (attack does 20%–100% of normal damage as the meter fills).
        • Fills at different rates depending on the new attack speed attribute (see table on the changes to gameplay section for a complete list).
          • The haste effect will cause the meter to fill faster
        • Can be displayed next to the hotbar (left or right based on the player's main hand), under the crosshair or turned off.
          • Looks like the icon for the strength effect on the side of the hotbar, or like a dagger under the crosshair.
          • This is controlled in video settings.
      • A cooldown animation is displayed of the tool slowly being lifted up, when first switching to it.
    • Play sounds when attacked strongly, weakly, and parried."
    http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/1.9

Basically, these changes are good for single-player. Delayed hits, weaker armor, and such make PvE much more challanging, because everyone who fights mobs with maxed armor wins every time against massive hoards of mobs, so they nerfed your offense and defense to make it more "fair." Overall, 1.9+ combat mechanics are good . . . in single-player.

For PvP, they are absolutely horrid. They have degenerated PvP into a slow sport of who can hit the other guy the soonest after the cooldown is done. Rods are utterly worthless, shields are useless for PvP, etc., etc. Again, this is much more geared towards PvE gameplay, as shields are useful against mobs. Their durability so futile they break faster than golden armor! As for blocking arrows, they only block them if you get shot from the front. In the PvP aspect, it just gives all power to the bow, because any kind of hand-to-hand combat is a dull game of prancing around the enemy swinging your weapon once every two seconds. Tipped arrows only add to bow superiority, because you can slow the enemy from long range, then just spam the bow.

These changes to combat are designed to make Minecraft into a PvE game, because they presume players all want to work together on some stupid Realm. Look at the changes made in the last few months:
    1. Eula started being enforced, which had not been done before Microsoft bought Mojang
    2. The Minecraft.exe file was removed from their website, forcing people elsewhere to make new servers
    3. Development began on a C++ version of PC, which messes with redstone significantly, and makes all currently made plugins and mods useless.
    4. Combat mechanics were changed to suit a PvE environment, which discourages people from fighting each other. Therefore, this promotes Realms further as a way to "work with your friends!"

Unless something changes, Minecraft is becoming a big money-grab as Microsoft tends to do.

Lady_Hestia and Pmx728 like this.
  13. Mjs6000

Mjs6000 Popular Meeper

"Just name it below" - too long of a post. I agree the idea of 1.8 may suit certain type of people better. But 1.9 etc makes pvp harder and means it isn't simply clicking faster, getting a few crits, and "strafing" ...

14. spartanfighter12

Ignorance towards combat is what makes people believe it's harder. Look up "how fast is melee" on YouTube to get a good idea how it works. There's a lot more that goes into pvp than just spam clicking and critting

CluelessKlutz likes this.
  15. Mjs6000

Mjs6000 Popular Meeper

Right of course there is... There must be tons of skill involved in a game which revolves around hitting the other player more than they hit you, and hit them as quick as possible. Sure this is a sorta fun and quick paced gameplay, but just so boring. In my opinion.

16. spartanfighter12

What's boring is waiting seconds between each hit. Minecraft movement has not changed, so it's basically everything about the old one except slower

CluelessKlutz, Lady_Hestia and Khafra like this.
  17. Zoe89

Zoe89 ℓιgнтωєιgнт ςяαzу

Parkour and PVP will be restored to 1.8.9

legendcaleb, Pmx728 and Lady_Hestia like this.
  18. Niiicck

Niiicck Retired SuperMod

1.10 for skywars, 1.8 for kitpvp.

19. The_Unkown675

The_Unkown675 Celebrity Meeper

Strafing You mean psuhing A and D?
    Comboing Ah yes, let's see how many times I click my mouse in 3 seconds
    rod Yes, right clicking and either pull a player towards you or spam click it to hit them and annoy them. Yes.
    bow Why is this a "tactic" ? It's a weapon.
    and more
    [​IMG]
    This was a joke, do not take this seriously.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 22, 2016, Original Post Date: Aug 22, 2016 ---
    Because who wants to negate damage and block incoming arrows that can damage you?
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 22, 2016 ---
    Gotta agree with one thing you said, might as well be this.

Bloopers likes this.
  20. spartanfighter12

I copy pasted the rant but since you're ignorant I'll explain

Strafing :

-The W and S tap

Enlighten yourself on the W and S tap, that revolutionizes the sprint key. Halting your sprint to deal more knockback, or moving backwards slightly to avoid a hit and moving inward.

-A - D tap

Couldn't really find a video on it since it's not used much, but it's basically alternating between A and D based on the location of your opponent. If your opponent is about strafe right, you strafe right to match with D, then alternate between A and D, it's hard to do and it's only useful in certain situations

-Circle Strafing -

Shoutout to my boy @Iatemyfriends for being stupid and always circle strafing me when I sucked at pvp. This usually only works on less-experienced players, but involved circling around your opponent with A and D, and sometimes mixed in W taps for full effect.

-Prestrafe

This one triggers me, @Cyclops the prestrafe loser. This one is honestly the most frustrating thing for me, even though I don't even pvp much anymore. This involves tricking your opponent by using A or D in order to get them to aim another direction. It's kind of hard to explain but it 's extremely useful and frightening if your opponent does it well

Comboing :
    CLICK SPEED DOES NOT MATTER IN PVP LOL. I click 6 cps and got one of the top scores in the world. The faster click, the more chance you have of forcing your click packet to be answered first. However, after playing around with an autoclicker that clicked 1000 cps, I was still able to easily beat the person using it. Click speed has little to no impact on the game. Educate yourself before you try using that as an excuse why 1.9 is better. I'm not going to even going to bother trying to explain comboing to you if you think click speed determines how well you can combo

Rod :

You've got to be really stupid to think spamming a rod will help you. Not even going to bother explaining the logistics of it , but it's basically to temporarily stun your opponent

Bow :

Weapon? Well yeah, it's a weapon thanks for stating the obvious. But you probably don't know how to bow stun or anything like that, so for now, yeah it's a weapon

More?

Of course there's more. Minecraft combat is ever changing, and people are always looking for ways to beat tactics used by pros. Ever heard of what a Meta is? Probably not. Very long story short, it's about that

Player A beats Player B
    Player B beats Player C
    Player C beats Player A

However, player D, beats Players A,B, and C.

Player D is the one that is the best at the game, and the more people that fight Player D, and learn his strategy, will then continue to beat Players A, B, and C who have mastered their techniques. It's extremely complicated to explain, and a good way to learn would be to watch this video if you want

Also, next time you think minecraft is just spam clicking, watch this video. Just how Smash Bros Melee isn't just button smashing, Minecraft isn't just click spamming :)

EDIT: Don't even get me started on aiming

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
    Pmx728, CluelessKlutz and Lady_Hestia like this.