1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

What Happened to Meep?

Discussion in 'Other' started by Khada_Aether, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Khada_Aether

Khada_Aether Popular Meeper

I know there must be an obvious answer, but I've not been in the server since last year and a lot of things changed. I feel the server kind of died.
    I've supported the server a lot in the past, and I surely want to do it again but I don't see much interest from the admins as there used to be (at least that's how I see it).

And they are not even paying much attention to forums( staff in general reviewing name changes for example), been waiting for a name change since last week and still nothing.

I only play MC because this is my favorite server, but I don't know if it's worth anymore or not.

2. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

Admins do a lot of work behind the scenes that isn’t very visible, but I promise work is being done.

The staff team has project groups for specific parts of the server, and we have some things in the works that are just about ready for implementation.

I contacted all the admins about name changes, I apologize yours has taken a while. Although not going through namechanges in a super fast time isn’t a sign of disinterest

SuperDyl likes this.
  3. Khada_Aether

Well, I've seen a few threads talking about some admin abussing perms or just making a big fuzz out of something not that bad. So I'm not sure what to believe anymore, which is why there's more questions than answers. I refrain a lot from commenting on any of those because I don't know any of you guys, (you're all new on Meep to me), and you know, it's kind of 'uncomfortable' since I really want to be back in the community but I don't find it as 'friendly' as before. Might be just me. I used to talk to a lot of staff before, but since they are not here anymore, I really don't see any improvement perse. But if you say you're all working on things then it must be true.

4. Epicdude141

Epicdude141 Celebrity Meeper

I've been here longer than you. Meep died and then they got buried by the EULA. Nobody plays minecraft anymore except for a dedicated few which you will find on this server.

Trexy likes this.
  5. Khada_Aether

Since when? 2012? I had an older account that I lost, also this forum account is pretty new, I never got into forums, so maybe we've been here the same amount of time. I do remember the EULA thing, and that's why I left, because the rank was pretty useless.

----
    I know people barely play MC, I do because of the server: it's not as toxic as others. And I have not much time because of work.

6. Khafra

Khafra Celebrity Meeper

dont bother playing on this server the community is so immature itll make your head spin

7. Grandblue

Grandblue Celebrity Meeper

I think the server really fell apart when Minecraft announced their EULA. It sort of became a pain to get on. Not to mention, strict rules on the server contradict MeepCraft's existence which breaks the rules.

I honestly think Meep should have followed the EULA. We were caught in the moment, acting rebellious and all, talking about how Minecraft would die as a result of the EULA, thinking about how to resist. If we had devoted time to figuring out new perks, from a business standpoint, MeepCraft would be more successful and the community would not have fallen apart. Not much to do about it now though.

Back to the OT tho, admins have always worked behind the scenes. There have been some more community-based admins in the past but now is normal.

GroovyGrevous, SuperDyl and Muunkee like this.
  8. CasualMow

CasualMow Celebrity Meeper

clue is what happened...

9. Epicdude141

Epicdude141 Celebrity Meeper

may 2012

10. alex77034

alex77034 Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'

To be honest I’m not sure why most things on the staff team are kept a secret. I think it’d be more productive to tell people what you guys have planned and what progress there is on the task.

SuperDyl and Muunkee like this.
  11. Khada_Aether

I agree with this, if it's something to keep the server running or to give players a better experience, then I do think it should not be kept secret as if it's something bad.

alex77034 likes this.
  12. Saiyer

Saiyer Celebrity Meeper

There are several factors why Meep is as quiet as it is...

1. Minecraft as a whole isn't as popular anymore. It's still very much played, but there is a lot less interest generated so an influx of new players is unlikely while older players move on to new games.

2. Meepcraft has a checkered past. From revolutions to full remakes due to problems in the past. Depending on the person, they'll either hate the time they spent on Meep and never return, or they'll make fond memories and it'll just be a conversation topic from time to time.

3. Staff interaction has always been a big factor in how the server moves forward and back. There have been fantastic staff members that have made contributions that will never be forgotten by those still around to talk about it, or there will be the staff members who did nothing but hurt the server due to immaturity or other reasons.

Meepcraft is dying both due to it's faults and simply because it just isn't popular anymore and has outlived it's lifespan. Nothing wrong with it, it's just a normal thing for servers to die off after so long and the core playerbase is gone. But in fairness if I had to give constructive criticism...

Posts like this from staff actually does more harm than good. Transparency is an important factor and you want to generate hype properly for upcoming things by giving details...a reason to be excited. Simply saying "Things are happening" isn't really exciting nor does it generate hype since it seems like a throw away excuse with no backing.

Meepcraft will never be what it once was, but it can last a little longer if the right steps are taken. It all depends on the attitudes of the players, staff, and Fuzzlr.

Toostenheimer likes this.
  13. Oroperion

Oroperion Celebrity Meeper

Not to mention you don't get the perks of donating that you donated for many years ago.

14. Khada_Aether

Well, it was going to somehow happen with the EULA. I didn't really care much about all the perks of Ultimate because there were too many to even remember. But, I do think most of us donated just for the fly thing.

SuperDyl likes this.
  15. Khafra

Khafra Celebrity Meeper

they've been saying this stuff for literally months or even years now, things are always "on the way" lol
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 17, 2018, Original Post Date: Jul 17, 2018 ---
    minecraft is serious business bro ROFL

16. Saiyer

Saiyer Celebrity Meeper

Oh trust me...I'm well aware of that considering once upon a time I was a super mod for Meepcraft.

17. Khafra

Khafra Celebrity Meeper

yea i remember you, server was far better in 2012-13 even til cg game

the community has gone to ass because minecraft as a whole tends to attract little kids, if you take a look at the average humour around here it's pretty much repeating "bna tendies" because some moron spelt "ban" wrong and they apparently think 4chan memes from 2015 are just hilarious

kinda sad seeing as i used to spend so much time here myself

Kling likes this.
  18. LargeUnit

LargeUnit Celebrity Meeper

still do, clearly

19. alex77034

alex77034 Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'

BRO No Joke staff leaks project Government falls.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 17, 2018 ---
    I think staff want players to have the element of suprise but we’re all over that already.

20. SuperDyl

SuperDyl Popular Meeper

The playerbase is pessimistic about the server for reasons which aren't true or exagerated. Admins aren't abusing perms, but they are used for kindhearted jokes between understanding friends (I'm talking about @CluelessKlutz ). Staff don't want the community bored of features before they're implemented and so keep those features hushed up. The community complains that progress should be towards what they see as priority at the moment instead of how the staff want to do things.

Currently, a lot of staff members try to hang back from the forums to avoid spurring chaos. The playerbase says the server is dying and its true that the Meepcraft playerbase has been shrinking over the last months (a general Minecraft trend that may corrolate to the extremely late release of the combined Technically Better and Aquatic Updates) while staff have been releasing almost no new features. That is due to the work on a rework of Meepcraft's back-end to allow future updates to any portion of Meepcraft to be much easier since the current system is an interlocking web of plugins depending on each other.

Overall, I think the update Wednesday will boost the playerbase and the release of the new Meepcraft API will push forward Meepcraft's move into 1.13 faster than past updates. If the techs have the time and energy, Meepcraft could reverse it's recent downward trend in player retention.