1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

What are Your Ideas for Spawn Themes?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by JETUB1, Jan 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. JETUB1

JETUB1 Celebrity Meeper

This isn't really trying to get an answer on what it actually is going to be, but rather see what you guys would want as a theme for the spawn.

Personally, I would like to see an Japanese or Chinese theme. There would be a mountainous landscape with a town-like area (The spawn) in the valley, nestled and kept away from the harsh landscape beyond. The town has farms, a small bank, a trade center for goods from far off lands, and intricate buildings among the upper rungs of the town for those who are special guests (Donors Spawn?). From the town, you can travel on various perilous paths up the mountains to discover guardian statues (Could be better renditions of the owner/administrators. Like rugged memorials rather than the lame buildings of their skins.) and intriguing rooms holding relics. I would like to see that become a thing... but Idk if it's going to happen.

Anyway, go nuts. I would like to read what you all come up with.

Kabixi likes this.
  2. buttfly29

buttfly29 Popular Meeper

cucumbers

3. metr0n0me

metr0n0me Legendary Meeper

the old spawn was fine

Kazarkas and Khafra like this.
  4. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

I'm 95% sure we arent getting a new spawn
    which is good
    we dont need one

Kazarkas and Dockson like this.
  5. 00000

00000 Guest

There will not be a new spawn.

Kazarkas, metr0n0me and Muunkee like this.
  6. JETUB1

JETUB1 Celebrity Meeper

Kazarkas likes this.
  7. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

Okay. Japanese and Chinese architectures and cultures in general are distinctly different so PLEASE don't combine us together. Thx

Vamp1re_Man and JETUB1 like this.
  8. JETUB1

JETUB1 Celebrity Meeper

Good job noticing that sir, you have gotten respect points from me now.

Natsu likes this.
  9. 00000

00000 Guest

Japanese culture was heavily influenced by the Chinese. Historically, the capital of Japan in the eponymous Nara period, Nara, was based off of the Chinese Sui Dynasty capital, Chang'an (modern Xi'an). Furthermore, the Chinese writing system is still used today in Japan, mixed, of course, with hiragana (which developed from Chinese characters) and katakana. Buddhism complements the native Shinto faith in Japan, and reached the latter through China. Japanese art and architecture also display striking similarities, although despite the Japanese attempts to emulate Chinese government system, they ultimately failed in creating a centralized state.

10. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

I don't intend this to be a debate, but to justify my points:

China has developed its own architecture and culture. Yes, the Chinese were advanced than the surrounding countries, and in most cases, the surrounding countries adopted some of Chinese architecture. For example, you have mentioned Chang'an and Heijokyo. The Heijokyo was voluntarily adopted by the administration of Emperor Monmu. This is just one of the examples of Japanese architectures you have mentioned.

Japan has adopted and changed many outside cultures and architectures. It has also created its own culture. Chinese influence has only been strong in Japan until the end of the Heian Period.

Even in the Heian period, Japan has distinctly developed, or evolved from its previous architecture. For example, take a look at the Gingaku-ji.
    [​IMG]
    This building is part of the Higashiyama Bunka, one of the two major cultures during the Muromachi Shogunate period. I am not an architecture expert, but none of this can be seen in China. Japan has developed a whole new architecture and culture over time.

In the Edo period, Japan was able to develop a very independent, internal culture because of the Sakoku. (Not trading with any nations except China, Korea, and the Netherlands). Leading to Japonism, Japan has created an independent, culture. One famous example is this Ukiyo-e.
    upload_2017-1-8_19-48-4.jpeg

Japan has also adopted many of the Western (European) elements in the Meiji Period. To catch up with European Industrialization and Imperialism, Japan has put more effort into adopting the European architectural techniques. Take a look at the painting of Ginza, Tokyo in the Meiji period. You can see many European buildings in the background, along with people dressed in European styles and European horse carts.
    [​IMG]

After World War II, Japanese architecture is primarily modern.

Over all, Japanese architecture is a blend of many different cultures with its own developments. China, on the other hand has developed primarily on themselves and did not take in much culture from the outside, with the except of Buddhism, and after the Shino-Japanese war. I wouldn't say that Japanese and Chinese architectures are the same.

Attached Files:

metr0n0me likes this.
  11. Muunkee

my god you two are worse than clueless

12. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

What do you mean? How can they be worse than me???

Natsu, qazini, Kabixi and 1 other person like this.
  13. Muunkee

nerd overdrive

Natsu likes this.
  14. Vamp1re_Man

Vamp1re_Man Celebrity Meeper

You can never get worse than Clueless ;)

CluelessKlutz, Muunkee and Natsu like this.
  15. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

What did I turn this thread into

16. Kabixi

Kabixi Popular Meeper

Absolute cheese

Sent from my LG-D500 using Tapatalk

Natsu likes this.
  17. Kazarkas

Kazarkas Legendary Meeper Elder

Well since the thread is derailed let's talk about something more relevant.

RUSSIAN HACKING

GO!

18. Kabixi

Kabixi Popular Meeper

Russian architecture*

Sent from my LG-D500 using Tapatalk

19. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

"Russian architecture follows a tradition whose roots were established in the Eastern Slavic state of Kievan Rus'. After the fall of Kiev, Russian architectural history continued in the principalities of Vladimir-Suzdal, Novgorod, the succeeding states of the Tsardom of Russia, the including architecture). The great churches of Kievan Rus', built after the adoption of Christianity in 988, were the first examples of monumental architecture in the East Slavic region. The architectural style of the Kievan state, which quickly established itself, was strongly influenced by Byzantine architecture. Early Eastern Orthodox churches were mainly built from wood, with their simplest form known as a cell church. Major cathedrals often featured many small domes, which has led some art historians to infer how the pagan Slavic temples may have appeared."

Wikipedia has got your back

Kabixi likes this.