1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

We Don't Wanna Talk About It, Part One.

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by PlasmaTy, Feb 20, 2017.

1. PlasmaTy

PlasmaTy Popular Meeper

Hello, I'm plasmaTy and I'd like to discuss the elephant in the room,
    Minecraft's trendy golden age is over, however, is this a bad thing? To me nah.
    I mean after all it has to give itself up at some point to make way for another great multi-purpose game, but in order to remember one of the largest mainstream indie games on planet Earth, allow me to run through its lifetime.

So this guy named Notch made this pretty lame little game that nobody would ever care about if it were never updated but since it was constantly updated and became Notch's little baby-daddy (Don't ask) it came to kamikaze everybody's view on how popular an indie game could get, there is several factors however that really brought his pixely game to the spot-light:
    YouTube, Kids, Portability, Accessibility, Community

Without anyone of these the Minecraft of today wouldn't be as "hip" but frankly we all know who really bottle-fed the whole damn Mojang Empire and that of course is YouTube, I mean you name one popular gaming YouTube channel pre-2013 that didn't play or mention Minecraft I will travel to whatever crappy place you live at and trespass to tell you how amazing you are. Anyhow, with the entire YouTube community at it's side Minecraft of course got incredibly popular among the youth (which wasn't always fun because grown men expected other grown men to be playing Minecraft for some reason.)

So now that Notch had created this little game it was now up to the community to make it even better, and the way we went about it was probably the coolest thing in gaming history. From mods to CraftBukkit (REST IN PEPPERONI) the possibilities extended even past the complexity of Gary's Mod, Any style of play was available, you could survive on an island out in the middle of the void of time and space or duke it out with friends in a Hunger Games styled death match. Even then Minecraft's influence reached out among other communities such the YouTube channels entirely dedicated to Minecraft like SkydoesMinecraft (Even though we look back and realize that guy was pretty retarded) or the never-ending channels whom dedicated their lives to Minecraft snapshots.

I'm to lazy to conclude this within one major essay so ill get back to you in part two within a couple of days,
    see the 64 of you who still play Meepcraft soon

2. WeAreNumberUno

WeAreNumberUno Celebrity Meeper

Nobody actually cares, and theres not much to discuss. Minecraft is declining in popularity among people who are out of primary schooling, thats how it is, its not that people dislike talking about it, its that there isn't much to talk about.

Machinima.
    (Old school arby n the chief)

This thread seems like a poorly thought out rant hidden under the guise of an essay.

EDIT: You don't make any actual points, you just write out why minecraft got popular. Is there literally any reason for this thread? Please don't write a part 2.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
    PlasmaTy likes this.
  3. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

literally everyone knows why minecraft got popular and no longer is
    because little kids love it and because its an older game
    I dont get it

Toostenheimer likes this.
  4. Lilstokes

Lilstokes Celebrity Meeper

Please use regular text next time.

5. PlasmaTy

PlasmaTy Popular Meeper

I wasn't really going for too much, just a discussion and a little fun

6. XxNine_TailsxX

XxNine_TailsxX Legendary Meeper

Your fonts are so annoying that I didn't get past the first sentence

7. TheTastyNacho

TheTastyNacho Celebrity Meeper

World's Most random Thread.

Agreed

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  8. Pmx728

Pmx728 Legendary Meeper

Why are. You. Putting periods. In. The middle of your. Sentences?

qazini and Natsu like this.
  9. TheTastyNacho

TheTastyNacho Celebrity Meeper

I'm Not!!!

10. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

Hi

Bye

SuperDyl, qazini and DancingCactus like this.
  11. IFartOnChilren

IFartOnChilren Celebrity Meeper Elder

Very informative! Plus one