1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Way of removing money from economy?

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Marshy_88, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Marshy_88

Marshy_88 Celebrity Meeper

Recently, the issue of the economy having too many meebles came up. I'm fine with how it is right now, but a lot of others are not. That's why I thought up a new way of ridding the economy of money.
    My idea is that, when players dump a million meebles to a certain shop on spawn, they get a + at the end of their rank. This would make a race for people to dump millions and get special looks on their name. But, if this seems like a bad idea, or irrelevant, build on the idea or criticize.
    Sorry this post is so short. It just sort of popped up in my mind while I was on the Xbox.

KaiUsesThis likes this.
  2. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

I had an idea long ago, where the community could contribute to a giant fund, once this fund is 100%; some big project is completed.

New arena? Costs 100,000,000 meebles, for example.

Etc etc etc

Jiltism, Cherrykit, cooey and 8 others like this.
  3. SX1

SX1 Celebrity Meeper

I love things like these! Right now in Runescape, the community had to cooperate with their skills to unlock the portal, which we are currently now making. After that, we get new content, which is God Wars 2.

Have more than one to donate too though? Could help with priorities. :p

KaiUsesThis and cooey like this.
  4. Bloopers

Bloopers Legendary Meeper

animal crossing???

yes! i like idea. like if 5 mil meebles is built up then warp club could be added back to spawn or something. +1 to this

5. PseudoGod

PseudoGod Celebrity Meeper

Donate Meebles to certain funds, which tell techs which projects to prioritize (For ex: 5 million meebles in a parkour fund and 28 million meebles in a /warp mobs fund, the mobs area would be worked on assuming nothing else has more money in the fund)

CluelessKlutz and Marshy_88 like this.
  6. Lord_Walrus

Lord_Walrus Popular Meeper

+1 to this, -1 to thread.

This is actually the best idea I've heard in a long while.

Marshy_88 likes this.
  7. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

I left a treasure mine of good ideas in the staff chats. ;)

Lord_Walrus likes this.
  8. WarriorHeart

WarriorHeart Celebrity Meeper

This +1

9. Jwarian

Jwarian Celebrity Meeper

News Flash: It doesn't matter. The size of the economy is irrelevant, the price of wheat/iron/diamond has been constant for 3 years.

What does matter is finding a way to turn more citizens into VIPS as that simple transition represents over 70% OF THE SERVERS INCOME.
    We should be making it easier for citizens to make tons of money, as well as giving high level rank sellers an incentive to sell tons of vip ranks. On top of that, we should be listening to the concerns of educated citizens, bolstering the perks that come with VIP, and switching away from the completely unintelligible spawn we currently have. (I do like the tutorial though)

ps.. A retrofit of the /warp shop to include many currently unobtainable items/spawners would erase millions in a day and over the long term, and not just from my pocket.

10. Marshy_88

Marshy_88 Celebrity Meeper

Yeah! the server needs to encourage rank sellers. They are becoming more rare by day. Maybe if rank sellers prove to have sold more than, say, 5 ranks, they get a permanent 15% to encourage them to continue to sell to meepers, without causing them to got broke. If I still play meep when I get PayPal, my goal will be to upgrade cits to VIPs.

MeepStats likes this.
  11. Lilliya

Lilliya Celebrity Meeper

woah bruh
    you playing runescape now too fam?

12. SX1

SX1 Celebrity Meeper

New account, I have my old named: Odinson6, but now I'm playing a new acc as Nubsticks

13. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

I think the best motivation for a rank seller is continuous additions and development to the towny server, given as most perks are towny, not mini-game, based.

KaiUsesThis, Cherrykit, cooey and 4 others like this.
  14. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Personally, I think this is a fantastic idea. The idea of using it as a way to let staff know what really matters to us is amazing as well. We do need more rank sellers though. It's basically the only way people ever get VIP. It usually goes this way:
    1. Citizen joins server.
    2. Learns about stuff.
    3. Makes money
    4. Gets VIP through a rank seller
    5. Loves the perks, and gets the incentive to get more ranks
    Huge +1 to the main idea of this

15. Vamp1re_Man

Vamp1re_Man Celebrity Meeper

If we only add new ways to make money, the economy will grow, the value of the meeble will reduce, and the meeble price of VIP will rise, leaving us back in square one. What we need is a way for citizens to earn some reasonable cash (not too much though) to buy VIP from a rank seller, and then more ways for the rich rank sellers to spend their money. This creates a flow of money in the economy and the value of the meeble would remain pretty much the same.

This is pretty much exactly what we need. A pricey item available to high ranking and rich players to spend their money on.
    Some other ideas that that I can think of off the top of my head are increasing the uses of nations so that more people buy them (drains money through initial purchase and possibly increased taxation) or perhaps a percentage tax on large transactions (say 5% tax on chest shops & dicing that is over 100k?).

I like this idea, but I'd like to think that our development staff are putting effort into completing these projects anyway, not just because that project's fund is full. It is a good idea for a drain though.

CluelessKlutz likes this.
  16. junelawnchaired

junelawnchaired neat-o!

While this is might sound good at first, it would cause unnecessary divides in the ranked member community (see: rankism). Denied.

2leah2 likes this.