1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Vid's Helper Application

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Videogames321, May 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Videogames321

Videogames321 Celebrity Meeper

Videogames321’s Helper Application

In Game Name: Videogames321
    Skype Username:
    Teamspeak Username: [S-Noob] Videogames321
    Mic use:Yes
    Timezone:Mountain Time Zone
    Hours online per weekday:1-4
    Hours online per weekend:2-6
    Position Changes: Citizen (Premium) to Helper

Introduction: Hey there! It’s Videogames321, and am known as VG, Video, and sometimes even Byron. I’ve been an active member since July/August 2013, and have loved all the different sessions I’ve been on in. Also, I currently own a town named Ultimum, which is a growing town that I appreciate very much. I enjoy spending my leisure hours reading, playing sports, solving math problems, and generally chatting with others anywhere at any time. The state I live in is Arizona, in the city of Chandler. Back in December last year, I yearned to become a helper. It has always been my goal to apply and get accepted, at whatever costs. In school I am very successful, and hope to maintain my perfect scores; to help me get a job as an engineer or physicist. There may be problems at school and home that will reduce the amount of time I spend on Meep. My house can be very unstable at times, and my family almost fell apart. It never did, and I hope that there are not more arguments in the household, even though I know it is inevitable.

Why you should be Helper/Moderator?
    ~Experience: Although I’ve had little experience with moderating commands, I am gradually learning from my friends. I’m definitely willing to learn all the new commands; it would be a pleasure. I’ve been a moderator on a server before, but everyone quit shortly after. I want to be ready by knowing commands before the time I get accepted. I believe that everyone has potential to become what they want, as long as it has a boundary; they just need to try hard. If I do not make it, I will definitely try to attack my weaknesses and overcome them to have a better chance.
    ~Helping: People might think that this is being a suck-up, but I truly do take care of people in real life. Sometimes I can’t stand to leave someone by, not knowing what to do; I have a gut feeling that makes me do it. I enjoy helping people understand things, and also learning new things myself. In my opinion, part of helping is learning things yourself. I am usually very lazy, but when I am up to the task, I do it.
    ~Teamspeak: I am on Teamspeak almost every day, although time zones may be why you don’t see me. Chatting with other is fun, especially if you share multiple common interests with people. Sometimes we share our interests, another time we share our opinions on a certain matter. On one occasion we even shared hardships. And what was troubling ourselves. It is something I always consider fun, yet I cannot go as often I am on forums or in game.
    ~Work Ethic: I will always try to work the hardest in this subject, and I believe my work ethic will be good enough. My form of communication is quite good, and I am able to talk normally with different people. (I only just overcame my shyness). I work well with others, although very rarely do I take over entirely, or do nothing. I respect others opinion, and I also believe my own. Personally, I think that I respect people a lot, although I may just be overestimating myself.
    ~Dedication: I am very dedicated to the server, even though it doesn’t seem so. I dedicate myself to many unique things, and I always try to pull through on it. I’ve been inspired by multiple people to become a helper. Although I’ve only played for 7 months, I feel that I have spent enough time to enable myself to become a helper. You might not know me from when I started, but I was there. Meepcraft was the second server I joined, the first being a Skywars server. It did not satisfy my hunger enough, so I soon moved on to Meep. I found the moderators and helpers much better than the others in the myriad of servers there are.
    ~Grammar and Spelling: In my opinion, I have satisfactory grammar and spelling. In game, I have multiple occasions where I be a Grammar Nazi. Sometimes I can be very annoying by typing something such as this: “different*.” This is a gift and a weakness. In my “Immaturity” section, I state how I use texting abbreviations, which is part of the weakness. Whenever I make say a wrong word, or type it differently than how it is supposed to be, I automatically have the gut feeling where I have to edit it to make it right. Even though I may be very messy in real life, in the virtual world, I have to make it perfect (partly because of OCD).
    ~Typing Speed: I have a very fast typing speed, and I can do commands extremely quick. It can also be a burden, too. When I type fast, I make mistakes very often. This can lead to my "Grammar Nazi" problem.
    Weaknesses:
    This is the spot where people have trouble with.
    ~Immaturity: You may see my age and automatically assume that I am very immature. It is true, and I’m open to admit that. I think that I have matured greatly since last year, but can still be very immature. On forums I believe that I am quite mature, while in game I am still not. I sometimes say abbreviations such as bby, l8, <3, #goml, etc. I am currently trying to work on this, even though it is very hard to change. I’m used to always saying those phrases whenever I am on an electronic device, because almost everyone at my age does it.
    ~Anger Issues: I can be very angry at points, and explode my inner volcano. I am usually calm and joking, but sometimes I can’t take it. For example, when people continuously ask a question and shout after I answered it, I feel annoyed.
    ~Pessimism: A few months before now, I was the pessimistic person, always seeing bad things about goodness. I feel that I have improved greatly since back then, and am having more optimism than before. In example, I always would find something I like about an object, and the moment afterwards, I would see something I dislike about it, and stop liking it. It is a bit confusing when I try explaining it, which is another one of my weaknesses. Sometimes I cannot explain something correctly, and I always twist it around on accident.
    -Crime Record: When I was doing illegal things, I already knew the consequences, yet I was hot-headed and never thought it through. That is why when you check my crime record, you’ll see a series of petty events. Two bans in game, and one in Teamspeak, if I remember correctly. The first one was in September, where I did not know ladder camping was bannable, because I was one of the newer members. Later on, I got banned for lag bombing. Back when Beta portal was coming out, I thought to troll people and fill their inventories up with cobble. My teamspeak ban was because I was dared. I already knew what the punishment would be, yet I was always a dare-devil, and did it. I don’t do any such things anymore, although I can be quite immature at times.
    Conclusion: Thank you for reading my application, even if you were just skimming it. I feel that I am a decent candidate to become a helper, and that it is the right time to apply. My skills seem to fit onto the qualities a helper+ must have. I am dedicated and responsible, and can accomplish many things. Even if my application gets denied, I will work on everyone’s feedback. I hope you see me as a decent helper sometime!
    Thank you,
    ~Videogames321.

2. Klitch

Klitch

Anyone that thinks that people who use acronyms are immature are wrong. +.5 Nice and fairly mature from what I can see. Only issue is that you have A LOT of weaknesses.

3. red_stone_sucker

red_stone_sucker Popular Meeper

+1 active in games and on forums, nice, and usually positive nowadays

Videogames321 likes this.
  4. Sqreix

Sqreix Celebrity Meeper

+1 - You're very active , doesn't really help that much , Active in forums and teamspeak also in game

Good luck !

5. GingerManOWNS

GingerManOWNS Selfie Master! BOW!!

+Good app
    +Active on teamspeak
    +Active IG
    +Kind of active on teamspeak I'm pretty sure
    +Seem mature
    I'm a +1 Good luck !!!

6. Nman830

Nman830 Celebrity Meeper

+1
    Active
    Nice
    Helpful

7. Lysseal

Lysseal Popular Meeper

You know, normally I wouldn't give an 11 year old a plus one.
    You are nice, kind, mature, and active.
    Be a bit more helpful.
    +1

8. HotAsianBeans

HotAsianBeans Celebrity Meeper

You're a perfect fit for the current staff team. +1

9. Lysseal

Lysseal Popular Meeper

I seriously can't tell if what you mean is a good thing or bad. Lol.

10. Grandblue

Grandblue Celebrity Meeper

+1 awesome person, and fun to be around. videogames, the thing most staff members do, which really sucks, is their personality changes. Please stay the same, but do modreqs, ban fairly, and you will do fine :)

11. Darke_Amethyst

Darke_Amethyst Legendary Meeper

When I read this I seriously thaught that it was a 15-16 year old applying for helper:)
    -anger bursts
    + mature otherwise
    -not as active in ts
    +Active in forums and Ig
    + determination
    + well written app
    Dude, I understand completely about your wanting your posts/written things to be perfect! Same here.

12. SX1

SX1 Celebrity Meeper

I cannot be bias, because we have become great friends :)
    +'s
    • You're easy to get along with, since the day I first met you, we never had an arguement or anything
    • You're a good listener,
    • For your age, when you told me to guess your age and i sad 13 or 14... i was shocked to see you say 11... Im impressed
    • The app is great! I prefer to see white space, as this makes me go crazy to see a wall of text, but I decided to keep reading (my english teacher hates it when i put too many spaces in my resume)
    neutral
    • The crime record, even though it was in the past, it still stays, but you did change your act up so i decided to put it in the neutral zone
    • I cannot say about TS because I'm not on since my mic makes this buzzing noise, hopefully i can buy a new one later.
    The negative:
    • I think you forgot to put your Skype Username on the top, or do you have skype?
    • You do seem a bit "different" at times, i can tell because we hang out a lot on meep (stress)?

Immaturity can be an issue, but who says you cant be immature at times? Ik i have, and im 16 xDHonestly, I don't have much to say
    I'd say, +1
    Good luck Bryon!!!
    I hope i didn't look bias

13. SirCallow

SirCallow Legendary Meeper

Probably too young but nice enough.

14. Torger10

Torger10 Celebrity Meeper

he swore at me when he was a noob at meep :/

15. Cascade1324

Cascade1324 Celebrity Meeper

We all did something wrong when we were noobs.

But I'm a +1 for this.
    - I'm 11 (extra points) and when I see helper apps that people make and say they're 11 I'm horrified. But this app was pretty good. You do have a lot of weaknesses though but it's good that you are open about them.
    - You seem active. We have different time zones but I see you online.
    - forum activity is VERY good
    GOOD LUCK!!!

Khafra, Videogames321 and Sqreix like this.
  16. Sqreix

Sqreix Celebrity Meeper

Just like me , i did something very wrong in meep that i regret always as i said Videogames if very Nice , mature and Active too

+1 Videogames ! Go for it you fit for this !

17. Videogames321

Videogames321 Celebrity Meeper

Thank you for all the great feedback!

Bob4444444 likes this.
  18. Aarett

Aarett Celebrity Meeper

+ you are active online and on forum
    + you are a nice person
    + i feel like you would do good :3
    +1, good luck videogames321

19. mrli1

mrli1 Popular Meeper

Videogames, I can't be biased here, but I have been waiting for awhile TBH.
    You can be immature at times, but It's not that big of a problem
    You aren't the most active, you sometimes can't go on during weekdays.
    You are kind, and very approachable.
    I will leave a +0 on this. But I wish you good luck all the same.

20. SSSoul

SSSoul Celebrity Meeper

^^
    Good activity and forums!

GingerManOWNS and Videogames321 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.