1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Various chat suggestions

Discussion in 'Completed' started by Thee Boss, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Thee Boss

Thee Boss Celebrity Meeper

Probably not the highest priority rn but I think would it help in game quality of play

1. Trade chat specific to worlds

since we’re planning a skyblock and classic towny revamp, I’m guessing those servers are also going to get player increases. Instead of having multiple trade messages from 3 different worlds in server wide chat I’d suggest making it so you only see the trade channel of the world you’re in.

2./wtoggle /trtoggle
    It gets rather annoying seeing the same 3 people talk about dicing all afternoon or the F and W spam in chat. It would be nice to have an option where people don’t have to see that. Same things for trade channel as it could also get annoying for people

3. Alliance chat
    Basically nation chat but with towns that you’re in alliances with. Also kind of a suggestion to allow towns to form alliance (although I see that it could affect nation gameplay so probably won’t happen). If it can’t happen with towns then eventually when they start popping up add in an option for nation alliance chat

Also while you’re at it please fix /ignore some people are just a pain in chat

CluelessKlutz likes this.
  2. legendcaleb

legendcaleb Celebrity Meeper

Remove caps filter

Pmx728 likes this.
  3. LordInateur

LordInateur Deus Ex Machina Staff Member Administrator

I'll just kind of go in order here, these are very good suggestions.

1. Trade chat specific to worlds

This is doable--I'll kick it to the staff team. Expect updates on this thread so we can work out some of the mechanics because there are a couple ways we could do this. We're actually in the middle of adding some things to the plugin anyhow so it shouldn't be much of an issue.

2./wtoggle /trtoggle

So, I can look into the /wtoggle option, not sure if it's specifically the same plugin since that one's not cross-server. As for the /trtoggle option, there is a /ttoggle option that should be available for you--if you can't access it, let me know because it might be a perm issue.

3. Alliance chat

We have an extreme nation chat (/enc) option (as you mentioned) so I don't see this one being made because we don't want to deincentivize the building of nations. However, party chats can still be made.

4. Also while you’re at it please fix /ignore some people are just a pain in chat

Does this one straight-up not work correctly?

5. Remove caps filter

I'll kick this one to staff--but if we did anything like this we'd probably need to implement something that would discourage spam. I'm open to suggestions on this.

Meznik, qazini, Summers and 8 others like this.
  4. EllieEllie

EllieEllie Staff Member Leadership

pretty sure this one hasn't worked since before I started playing. I log on and it gives me the "ignored players:" message but /ignore doesn't do anything. At least when I just tried again on minechat.

Meznik and Thee Boss like this.
  5. Adam34falcon

Adam34falcon Celebrity Meeper

I would also personally like a discussion on removing the double post filter. It can definitely be a pain trying to get your message across especially in situations like welcoming a new player. If 5 different people want to welcome a new player, I commonly see "Welcome! Welcome. Welcome, etc." with different punctuations. Obviously this isn't a big issue, but it can be annoying when you cannot send your message due to the double post filter if I am merely trying to say "Welcome".

Natsu and qazini like this.
  6. Summers

Summers Hot Meeper

I would have less outbursts if we fixed /ignore

Edit: I promise

BooBear1227 and EllieEllie like this.
  7. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Accepted world specific trade chats, /wtoggle, /ignore, and caps filter
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 15, 2020, Original Post Date: Jun 7, 2020 ---
    Completed though world specific trade chat was decided against.