1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Vaccines: Good or Bad?

Discussion in 'Debates' started by Marthacuddles, Mar 7, 2018.

?

Vaccines: Good.. Or bad?

1. It causes Autism!!!11

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  2. It's bad.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I don't want to vaccinate my child.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I don't know

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. It's good

22 vote(s)
    91.7%
  1. Marthacuddles

Marthacuddles Celebrity Meeper

I'll get this out of the way before I start, I'm all for vaccines. By saying this I am not saying I don't like people who are against this, but that I just have a different view. The reason I started this thread is because recently my cousin (who turned 1 today) has contracted measles. And in my opinion, it could have all been stopped by 1 thing, A vaccination. (I know the measles vaccine only works 97% of the time but still.) The reason my aunt didn't want to vaccinate her. At all, was all sourced from one article, claiming that vaccines cause Autism. The article was written by 13 people, 10 of which have since stated that it was false. What's your opinion?

iKitten, SuperDyl, agnd and 1 other person like this.
  2. Its_Madison

Its_Madison Professional Nerd

There is no proof whatsoever that vaccines cause autism. Only rumors and speculation.

KyloMeep, Courtneyyy, iKitten and 8 others like this.
  3. riri30

riri30 Retired veteran

Vaccines save lives and are cheap, not taking them is a mistake, but is yet understandable.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
    SuperDyl and Its_Madison like this.
  4. FamousZAmos

FamousZAmos Popular Meeper

Wow. Thanks for not even giving us a pro-vaccination option. At the very least accept that some of us have different opinions and let us express them. In my opinion, the ""risk"" of getting vaccinated outweighs the actual risk of getting sick.

SpongeyStar, Enron and riri30 like this.
  5. Marthacuddles

crap. i cant edit it can i? edit: yeah changed it

SuperDyl likes this.
  6. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

100% agree

Even if the autism thing was true, lets just go with that argument, you would rather have sick and / or dying child, and cause other children to get sick and/ or die, than a perfectly healthy child with some mental health issues

Yes I know autism is nowhere near as simple as that, but compared to straight up dying, areyoukiddingme

Erebus45, KyloMeep, Enron and 2 others like this.
  7. FamousZAmos

FamousZAmos Popular Meeper

this is what you look like if you're anti-vaccination. (language warning or whatever)

SpongeyStar likes this.
  8. Marthacuddles

i'm Brian in that lmao

9. J055Y_

J055Y_ Celebrity Meeper

10. bloodyghost

bloodyghost local haunt

being anti vacc is all cool until your kid gets polio.

The people who think that vaccinations are toxic usually draw from the basis that Lois did in the above video: “ooh it has chemicals with big scary names it must be bad.” Normally I’d say that if you don’t want to get vaccines go ahead and let you and your children get horrible diseases if you so choose out of your own outstanding ignorance. But the problem is that it can cause others to get sick. If the problem of anti vacc people causing sickness in vaccinated people becomes too widespread, I think that actions should be taken, like vaccines being a requirement for public and private schools. So yeah, I’d say vaccines are good. Those studies that said that vaccines cause autism were completely botched dumpster fires of studies that were quickly accepted but not so quickly let go of.

SuperDyl and Marthacuddles like this.
  11. builderjunkie012

builderjunkie012 Celebrity Meeper

Not vaccinating your children is a threat to their wellbeing.
    It's not a "different point of view".
    It's harmful anti-science.
    They should not reproduce.

J055Y_, iKitten, Muunkee and 4 others like this.
  12. Marthacuddles

ahem this is what can happen if you don't vaccinate your child from diseases like polio. trigger warning if you have polio

13. WhoNeedsJimbo

WhoNeedsJimbo Popular Meeper

SAY YES TO VACCINES!!!

SuperDyl likes this.
  14. MeepLord27

MeepLord27 Popular Meeper

PixelPizza is a shill for the autism medication industry confirmed.

15. agnd

agnd is a steely-eyed missile man

My grandfather was vaccinated as a child.
    Later on in his life, his hair began to grey, and his skin worsened. He needed more and more medicines daily to keep him healthy. He grew more tired, and it became increasingly difficult for him to get up and be active. Eventually he was sleeping for the majority of the day as body failures became more frequent,

In other words, he was able to grow old instead of dying as a little baby.

KyloMeep, iKitten, Muunkee and 5 others like this.
  16. Blue_Marlin

Blue_Marlin Popular Meeper

I don’t care what you do but don’t start crying to others when your kid gets terribly sick.

17. Bobius

Bobius Popular Meeper

The reason he got measles is likely (dont quote me on this!) because he wasn't vaccinated and because he is young.

But wishing him health! :)

18. iKitten

iKitten >^-^<

I know that where I live there are requirements for you to get certain vaccinations at different ages to be able to attend the grade.

Even though I don't love getting vaccinations too, I do support them as they have saved lives from wide-spread diseases from previous times. It is better to get the vaccination and know that you have a very unlikely chance of getting that sickness or spreading it to others then to have not have them and know that you could get one of the sicknesses many vaccinations protect from, or spread it to others.

19. CryogenicNewt05

CryogenicNewt05 Popular Meeper

In California (the state that I live in in the US), there are requirements to get certain vaccinations for 7th grade, which is the grade I am currently in. It's not that bad, and I still talk normally, so I guess the anti-vaccine people need to get proper education.

20. twomoo1119

twomoo1119 Celebrity Meeper

No it does matter

Say you’re allergic to the measles vaccine or can’t get it for some reason. If someone who just decided not to vaccinate gets measles, it puts you at risk as well.

Imo i think more should be required by law.

At least these peoples children will statistically die before reproducing more often so maybe natural selection will run it’s course?

J055Y_ and FamousZAmos like this.