1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Ugleh's Dev/Tech Application

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Ugleh, Jul 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ugleh

Ugleh Popular Meeper

ign: Ugleh

Teamspeak: Ugleh

In game hours (weekday): No clue, estimate 3-4 hours a day depending on the day

In game hours (weekend): Same as weekday.

Hours: I am not a student, and my job has a very open schedule so I am usually free for the position I am applying for.

Introduction:
    I am a Bukkit plugin developer. I create plugins and release them at http://dev.bukkit.org/profiles/Ugleh/
    Other then that I have been playing for about a week now on this server.

Why:
    I feel I should spend my time working on plugins, but since I am not an idea guy I need an idea guy and thats where this server comes in. If needed a quick fix plugin sure, but if you need an elaborate plugin I may release it to Bukkit as well.

Weaknesses: I wear glasses.

Conclusion: Knowing this job is not a paid job I will release anything I make to the Bukkit community if what I make seams worthy of it.

2. The_Squirrelman

The_Squirrelman Popular Meeper

First, your app. It didn't seem like you put a lot of effort in it, the only real thing you put in was "I work plugins". We feel you need more effort on the application. Your experience on the server, or lack of, is not very comforting, as we expect someone who can fix plugins to know them inside and out. Play the server a bit more, understand every little gist of the plugins that will possibly need fixing. Overall, I'm for a deny. -1.

Danielrulesman likes this.
  3. MrJoe223

MrJoe223 Popular Meeper

I took the liberty of looking at your Bukkit profile. Seems you really do know how to code. People seem to like your plugins. However, none have been updated since May. D:

Also, the app was kinda lacking. Not very long, not very detailed. As much as I like to see another guy who codes, I'm going to have to give you a -0.5.

Tsong-Jien likes this.
  4. reggles44

reggles44 NANA NaNa nana NaNa NANA NaNa nana NaNa, REGGLES! Elder

The application was short showing that you put little effort into it, and you have only been here a week. So I'd like to recommend you spend a little more time here getting to know the community and the many custom plugins we use. For the moment I have to say -1 mainly because you haven't been part of the community for that long and you application lacked effort.

5. 00000

00000 Guest

ign: Ugleh

Never seen you before.

Teamspeak: Ugleh

In game hours (weekday): No clue, estimate 3-4 hours a day depending on the day

Right...have I EVER seen you before? No, actually.

In game hours (weekend): Same as weekday.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hours: I am not a student, and my job has a very open schedule so I am usually free for the position I am applying for.

No, you will be splitting your time between Meep and Bukkit plugins.

Introduction:
    I am a Bukkit plugin developer. I create plugins and release them at http://dev.bukkit.org/profiles/Ugleh/
    Other then that I have been playing for about a week now on this server.

I'm pretty sure Fuzzlr doesn't want noobs on his staff team.

Why:
    I feel I should spend my time working on plugins, but since I am not an idea guy I need an idea guy and thats where this server comes in. If needed a quick fix plugin sure, but if you need an elaborate plugin I may release it to Bukkit as well.

Very short. You will not be doing much for the community, this means.

Weaknesses: I wear glasses.

This is a very immature comment.

Conclusion: Knowing this job is not a paid job I will release anything I make to the Bukkit community if what I make seams worthy of it.

If you can't even spell 'seems' I doubt you will help our server much.

6. Nman830

Nman830 Celebrity Meeper

First of all your application is lacking effort, you dont spend any time in game, on forums or In TeamSpeak. Please spend more time on TeamSpeak,Forums and In game or on ./shout! Overall? -1

7. 00000

00000 Guest

This is an immature, noobish comment. I do not believe you would go so far to insult me. You are clearly not nice or helpful to the community.

MrJoe223 likes this.
  8. 00000

00000 Guest

Truth it is...

#Sarcasm

9. Ugleh

Ugleh Popular Meeper

Just because you dont see me in the average 100 people on at the time doesn't mean I don't exist.

Also I don't feel I need to put in a lot of effort in my app if I am not getting paid for the position. Its just like "Meh, ill try to apply".

None of my plugins have been updated since May because none of them are broken. They still work for 1.6.2.

10. 00000

00000 Guest

Essentially you don't care about the server, you just want money.

The_Squirrelman likes this.
  11. nhjed

nhjed Celebrity Meeper

You need to actually go on the server first before you can start applying.
    Sorry, but I'm for a -1.

12. ReadingRockstar

ReadingRockstar Popular Meeper

I am sorry, but Developers do not have to be a part of the community so long as they do work.

13. FluffbearRCT

FluffbearRCT Popular Meeper

I don't see why they wouldn't accept you as a tech, you know how to code well and you seem like a pretty level-headed guy.

14. DancingCactus

DancingCactus Legendary Meeper

Alter_Vuev2.0?

+1

15. Ugleh

Ugleh Popular Meeper

.... I am on the server. Ive been on it for about a week now.

Your saying the opposite of what I just said. I wouldn't be applying if I just want money. However time costs money so if I am going to code something for free I am releasing it to the open.

Your like one of the only ones that get it. I am not applying for a helper or mod position.

16. nhjed

nhjed Celebrity Meeper

A week? Lol, I'm sorry, but you need to stay on for like 2-3 months and socialize/help everyone.

17. Ugleh

Ugleh Popular Meeper

I am not applying for a social position. Also you are just a member so you don't tell me what is required.

18. nhjed

nhjed Celebrity Meeper

I cannot deny nor accept your application, my opinion does not count as much, but I CAN help you with the requirements you will need. That's what citizens are for. There is no "Social position" if you want to apply for tech, you just need to be active/helping. That is on the list on requirements.

19. Ugleh

Ugleh Popular Meeper

That isn't on any list of requirements either. I am applying for a developer position. The only person I need to talk to is admins and people having problems with said plugins. That being said, one of my pet peeves is people acting like they are above the chain of command. You are neither above me nor below me so you have no input in my application. You or SpidahFTW.

20. Ugleh

Ugleh Popular Meeper

The format says we need that stuff. So idk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.