1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Trading Ports and Jobs (Towny Extreme)

Discussion in 'Denied' started by IFartOnChilren, Apr 2, 2020.

1. IFartOnChilren

IFartOnChilren Celebrity Meeper Elder

I've seen some suggestions about adding supply drops and things like that to get additional resources. I think this would be cool because it would get all of us who are hiding out of our bases and in the wild to fight for a chance to get some good supplies/skulls. However, this is kinda bland and unoriginal. This is why I am suggesting a new aspect to the Extreme world, Trading Ports!

What are Trading Ports?

Every 9-12 hours a Trading Port will spawn in a random location and be there for a finite amount of time. It arrives with merchants from outside our world boundaries. These travelers are looking to barter their supplies. They also are open to exchange gold ingots for skulls.

Whats the point?

In any game that has some form of player economy, it is important to have a viable item sink. There are currently a small amount of ways for us to make skulls and eventually everyone is going to have a stockpile of supplies that they've run out of uses for. This will introduce various methods to make skulls and get rid of grinding out one particular method which gets boring. It will fill the void that is left with the absence of a Jobs plugin, and instead give us all ways to choose how we want to make skulls. It will also greatly enhance the PvP aspect of the game as Ports will bring an incentive to leave your base and also bring a lot of risk/reward to PvP because towns will fight to protect those who are transporting supplies to and from the Ports. This will bring a fun PvP alternative to those who do not want to participate in a Towny War. (It might even start one, who knows).

Some Examples of Trades

-Large Amounts of cobble, stone, dirt, wood, other building supplies
    -Small amounts of ores
    -Small amounts of enchanted books and weapons
    -Potions
    -Spawn Eggs
    -Makes gold ingots worth a set amount of skulls
    - The amounts and rarity of items being offered to trade can be random and will change each time

-A buy/sell limit on items can be implemented to avoid exploitation.

Example Situation

Town A and B see that there is a Trading Port that arrived at coordinates X Y Z. Members of each town group up and go to the coordinates to see what the merchants are offering. They run in to each other and fight for who gets access to the port. The town member who has traded for items is now unable to log out,teleport, or drop/pick up items until they enter their town and members of other towns can pay skulls to get an update of their location.

There you go, I thought this would be a cool idea. The name could be subject to change. Ports would be a cool plugin that has room for many future additions of custom content.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
    Summers, riri30, jcbetro1011 and 12 others like this.
  2. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

We're not adding any direct item conversions to skulls, and that includes gold. I'll look into the rest of the suggestion.

Pmx728 and IFartOnChilren like this.
  3. IFartOnChilren

Thanks for the feedback!

Pmx728 likes this.
  4. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

+1 for Trading ports, the spawn eggs especially sounds interesting. Your defense of the suggestion kinds of sums up any advantage I could mention. But it looks like a very entertaining suggestion that would definitely make for some competitive moments if (IF) some of the trades are worthwhile.

the title mentions jobs, was there supposed to be another part to this suggestion?

edit: Can you add a chat message once the trader has been there for like 4 hours (half the time) that would show coordinates close to the trader? This would let people have a chance to run to the trader, but still have that element of local towns spotting it and having the chance to fight over it before the rest of the server can.

IFartOnChilren likes this.
  5. IFartOnChilren

When I mentioned that Ports would fill the void that the absence of a jobs plugin, I meant that a player collecting items that they know are common to be bartered at the ports would be equivalent to a person leveling up a Job they are assigned to in regular towny. That’s why I put the jobs in the title. Sorry for the confusion.

Also, I like what you mentioned in your edit. I think this idea has a lot of potential that would make the server unique

Pmx728 and smk like this.
  6. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Accepting pending further discussion