1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Trade Chat Spam

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Marshy_88, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Marshy_88

Marshy_88 Celebrity Meeper

I'm sick of all this trade chat spam. There are rules in place to prevent this spam, but practically no one follows them and they are hard to enforce. That is why I propose a sixty-second trade chat cool down.

People have been suggesting fines to use /tr but that makes little sense, and is a very unpopular idea among the community. However, when introduced to the idea of a cold own, there was great support behind it, so I've decided to make a formal suggestion.

Pros:
    • Automatic trade chat regulation - No staff members need to be on to punish and warn offenders.

• Guaranteed stop of spam - Can't spam when you can't send a message more than once every minute.

• Increased community happiness - Players will no longer need to deal with the constant bull crap that is trade chat spam.

Cons:
    • Angry store owners will be mad that they can no longer constantly spam their adverts at players.
    Please consider this suggestion fairly, I believe it is something very near to the community that could help boost morale of players. Please also consider adding more suggestions to my idea below, if I like them I will add them to the main post and credit you.

Thanks

-Marshy

cooey, SillySilver, iKitten and 6 others like this.
  2. steviefiveo56

steviefiveo56 I just build here

+1 needed, also maybe make it 100 meebles per tr message and stricter punishments for people posting their ads in global instead of tr

Marshy_88 likes this.
  3. Zesk

Zesk Well-Known Meeper

+1

Marshy_88 likes this.
  4. lollisweet101

lollisweet101 Celebrity Meeper

I disagree with adding meebles to it.

+1 this suggestion

SuperDyl, agnd, Zesk and 1 other person like this.
  5. Zesk

Zesk Well-Known Meeper

I also disagree with the meebles to it, it would be annoying just like /g tax

Pmx728, agnd, SuperDyl and 2 others like this.
  6. Toostenheimer

Toostenheimer Legendary Meeper

+1

Marshy_88 likes this.
  7. evilalec555

evilalec555 Celebrity Meeper

lollisweet101, Marshy_88 and agnd like this.
  8. agnd

agnd is a steely-eyed missile man

Yes we need this +1

Marshy_88 likes this.
  9. alex77034

alex77034 Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'

+1.

Marshy_88 likes this.
  10. SuperDyl

SuperDyl Popular Meeper

I never noticed it being that bad, but I'm pretty bad at advertising my own stuff. Even though I don't have this same problem, I see every reason to implement this rule. +1

Also, adding a cost to using /tr would be terribly annoying. I see no reason to add a meeble cost to using /tr since the point of the chat channel is for it to be used.

Marshy_88 and agnd like this.
  11. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

+1

agnd, Marshy_88 and EllieEllie like this.
  12. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

There was a suggestion accepted to decrease the size of the chat box back to pre 1.9. Would that decrease the spam enough? Also, if the message is the same, staff can warn/punish for spamming

13. Blendyz

Blendyz Hipster for Life ♥

Only applies to Hornemans really.

14. J055Y_

J055Y_ Celebrity Meeper

+1

I feel that this is another needed step in the journey towards conquering the endless barrage of trade spam. For those of you that haven't seen, this suggestion was accepted a couple of months ago (yet to be implemented), which I feel would affect the user experience much more substantially than a timer.
    I do however feel that on top of the aforementioned suggestion, a timer is necessary to eliminate any possibility of trade spam occurring, thus ceasing the tyrannical reign of trade chat spam.

SuperDyl and alex77034 like this.
  15. alex77034

alex77034 Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'

I love the way you speak lmao

J055Y_ likes this.
  16. Owl_master_2000

Owl_master_2000 Popular Meeper

17. Hornemans

Hornemans God of Meebles

+100
    Don't you know by now... everything is about Hornemans!
    This alone would be fine (if any change is actually needed).
    Though I understand your "idea" this does nothing to "stop" the spam. It only makes spam MORE consistent and reliable. If you don't want to see /TR turn it off (ok whey the fix it turn if OFF).
    This is un-true... staff has the same amount of work to "regulate" the chat as before this just spaces the interval longer at 60 seconds instead of 1 second.
    This is un-true... you can still spall no problems! You just spam once every minute for eternity, instead of 3 times every 5 minutes. As a fact this would INCREASE the amount of spam you see.
    This would not have any impact on community happiness at all... It will have exactly the opposite and make the spam WORSE!
    Not true, this change would be a "Benefit" to store owners. So please make this change I'm 100% for it... but just don't be sorry what you wished for!

18. CasualMow

CasualMow Celebrity Meeper

19. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

I don’t want trade chat messages to be forced at one minute per message.

I would support just moderating trade chat so massive walls of text aren’t allowed, and sending messages every ten seconds isn’t allowed. But if I want to send two different advertisements every 30-45 seconds in between in a rotation. I don’t see the point.

The issue I want fixed is the massive walls of texts, not really frequency

Marshy_88 and SuperDyl like this.
  20. Enron

Enron Celebrity Meeper

That still seems like an excessive amount of advertising for a server who's chat is mostly dead

lanekids40, SuperDyl and Marshy_88 like this.