1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Towny Wars

Discussion in 'Denied' started by legendcaleb, Apr 17, 2020.

1. legendcaleb

legendcaleb Celebrity Meeper

A way to encourage towns to fight each other could be:

When a player from a combatant town kills another, a small percentage of that player's town balance would go directly into the town balance of the killer. There could be a cooldown per kill, such that you can only extract percentages from nonunique players every 30 minutes or such.

Higher percentages could be placed upon different ranked towny members. I like this idea because it encourages towns to be careful about how many players they let in, the larger the town, the larger the liability. It's also a good way for towns to get rich and that's why they would enjoy warring.

Owner: 20%
    General: 10%
    Officer: 5%
    Engineer: 2.5%
    Vip: 2.5%
    Regular: 1%

Maybe these values? Just a starter. For example Legion has about 500k right now, if one of their lower ranks dies it's a 5k loss. If Adrian dies, it's a 100k loss. Owners need to be extra careful during war.

2. Silver01

Silver01 Celebrity Meeper

But that basically means that owners can't really play the game during a war. They can't really go anywhere where they're in any danger of being killed, and even if they felt brave and did go, if they died the town would be furious at them. It just feels like too much pressure on the owner and other significant ranks.

smk, IzzSt and BooBear1227 like this.
  3. legendcaleb

I think it's necessary though, in any sort of strategic combat game, valuable pieces are always worth more. It's a necessary distinction to include if we want to separate ourselves from factions and have more significance be on strategy and siege rather than simple blood baths. As an owner I'd fight but that's just because I want to.

smk likes this.
  4. Silver01

you're not gonna win another $1000 in a pvp tournament bro

Anyway, if this happens i can guarantee that people will just use alts for owners and never play on them. Losing 20% of ALL your town's money is a huge blow to a town just for losing 1 pvp match that may not have even been a fair match in the first place.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
    IzzSt and Bloopers like this.
  5. Thee Boss

Thee Boss Celebrity Meeper

+1 for the most part, while the rewards/amounts need a bit of tweaking it would definitely be a good addition to war. It would add a nice strategic element that gives a sense of urgency and doesn’t make towny war just “lol let’s declare war for no reason”

6. legendcaleb

I don't know why you think it's clever to bring up my winnings every single time you speak. It's funny that your entire group of friends despises me for saying something "so incredibly mean" which was me saying "lardo takes forever to type" to someone harassing me in chat. I would appreciate that you would stop making petty comments that just attack me instead of addressing the original point of my thread.

I think being the owner of a town should carry some weight that separates his duties from just normal towny. Obviously the number can be reined in, I just decided to post a suggestion to start. Thanks for your input

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
    cooey, smk, Epicdude141 and 3 others like this.
  7. Bloopers

Bloopers Celebrity Meeper

war winners should be allowed to tax the losing town for a certain amount of time, since that's how wars typically ended up going in history

my town won the war against urs? now i get to add a 100 meeble tax to each of your towns residents, and that tax goes to my town for 30 irl days

edit: the prices would probably need balancing

cooey, IzzSt, Natsu and 4 others like this.
  8. Silver01

I don't know why you think its clever to bring up pvp every time you speak.

Anyways I like bloopers' idea more, owners and high ranking people are already the people that declare and manage war. It'd be cooler if their duties was moreso logistics and economics than just joining the battlefield. By all means they can pvp, but losing what could be potentially weeks of money for one death is too much pressure for the average player to still be enticed.

Natsu likes this.
  9. Thee Boss

Thee Boss Celebrity Meeper

The pressure is good, it prevents hundreds of hamlet/settlement towns and opens new gameplay options. For instance, under the suggestion of taxing each member of the defeated enemy towns 100 skulls for 30 days (which is laughable considering it takes like 1 hour of gameplay at most to go from 2,500 to 3000) war is obviously something with very little at stake and tons of reward. There’s no reason under this why you SHOULDN’T war, it basically makes war meaningless and a novelty that wears off after 1 or 2 months. Under calebs suggestion (which the prices do need a bit of tweaking) war has more at stake and isn’t just a game of “rawr xd war time :3”. It opens up new areas of gameplay, a more political side you will that would definitely entice new players to stick around.

Natsu likes this.
  10. legendcaleb

Imagine making a comment about how I mention pvp when this gamemode is centered on pvp. But yeah, sure. Not very creative.

But yeah^ basically this.

Thee Boss, IzzSt and ProofMan like this.
  11. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

+1 but the amounts or percentages need tweaked. 20% for one death is a little high (even if it is the mayor).

12. legendcaleb

Players already lose 20% on each death from their own balance

13. Smshortstack

Smshortstack Popular Meeper

This a town balance though. It could contain millions.

We should keep in mind that the "towny" war is actually nation war. Nations can consist of many towns that may not really be invested in the war itself.

I believe that there should be some penalty for declaring war, but losing a percentage balance of our town shouldn't happen. Most members don't contribute to the town balance, so loosing a part of someone else's money doesn't make sense to me. (I.e. If yall go kill farm Brian_b_man, I'll lose 100k+ before it stops taking money) Some people aren't very good at pvp either (me). I understand the need for pvp in the server, but there are more parts to war than pvp.

It's hard to speculate how things like this should be implemented without knowing what is actually going to happen when the plugin is added.

14. Danielrulesman

Danielrulesman Popular Meeper

In real history when a ruler dies in battle the country they lead is almost always crippled or at a loss of morale. In meepcraft, town leaders and officials can just respawn and continue on. There needs to be a way to punish towns for losing valuable members as well as reward those who are able to take out those members.

+1 great idea

Deljikho and legendcaleb like this.
  15. IFartOnChilren

IFartOnChilren Celebrity Meeper Elder

I like these ideas. We need to keep making suggestions so when they decide what the rules/features of towny war are, some of this stuff sticks. Here’s some good stuff to read up on for inspiration on towny war rules TownyAdvanced/Towny

16. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Accepting pending further discussion