1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Towny Perms for Sethome

Discussion in 'Denied' started by SuperDyl, Oct 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. SuperDyl

SuperDyl Popular Meeper

To start this off, I want to first say that I don't believe this to deserve to be high priority and may not be worth the work for the development team at this time.

What I want to suggest is in relation to suggestion posted for pwarp fees ( Fee charged when teleporting to certain pwarps. ). Part of the problem with the suggestion was an issue with sethomes which is that plot owners cannot control if people can sethomes with their plot. So I believe that there should be a permission on whether people can set a new home within a plot or not. The change would involve making the sethome command check the status of the plot's permissions if in the Towny server.

If such a permission were to be added, it should be set to be a default of allowable for all players.

This suggestion would help players who want to keep a location for their private use first off and can be used for shop owners who want to make a location (such as a grinder) require a fee to visit. Currently, a player cannot show any location or set up a fee area without running the risk of players just setting up a home there and visiting for free when ever they want.

I repeat that I don't believe this to be a very important addition, but still think it to be impactful enough that it should be eventually added. I noticed a collection of Towny permission changes in Trello already, so adding this as a low priority item might make it possible to be worked on amongst these other additions.

2. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

yes you can

/modreq
    report for trespassing
    they get banned if they dont delete the home / use the /sethome (whatever they set it to) command

have staff see who did /sethome x in a radius, and write it down, and have them check who actually ran the command /sethome x

simple and clean

qazini and Vexmae like this.
  3. Vamp1re_Man

Vamp1re_Man Celebrity Meeper

I like the idea, but as you said it's definitely not something that would be high priority and would only ever really be rolled out in a series of many similarly prioritized towns updates.

SuperDyl likes this.
  4. xT3Kx

xT3Kx Retired AF Elder

Accepted and pending.