1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Towny Advertisements

Discussion in 'Denied' started by OneBreadSlice, Jan 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OneBreadSlice

OneBreadSlice Celebrity Meeper

Recently, bob444444444 put up a thread that discussed the annoyance and unfair use of having a giant sign in front of the /warp alpha/beta. I do agree, they are quite large and look kind of silly but advertising towns ingame is a must. (Link to that thread ----> http://meepcraft.com/threads/remove...al-near-warp-alpha-or-warp-beta-spawns.38602/ )

I suggest that we add a board that can be used to essentially "rent" signs to put an advertisement for your town on. These could be changed weekly, biweekly, etc.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2015
  2. le gooboy

le gooboy Popular Meeper

-1 kinda defeats the purpose of bob's thread

3. OneBreadSlice

He's fighting the big ugly signs that con new players out of their taxes, this is just going to be a place to advertise open, honest towns

4. Paaaauuuullll

Paaaauuuullll Popular Meeper

I don't know how I feel about your suggestion. Ideally, the town staff would be aware of players asking to join a town and would invite them to join.

leodavinci9000 likes this.
  5. Hornemans

Hornemans God of Meebles

Come on... ANOTHER THREAD ABOUT THIS.... Give it a break!

Its a better Idea then just "remove big signs" but it still won't work.

As discussed thoroughly in the other thread you quoted, and as you clearly contradicted yourself in this above statement... The town owners can do as they please with their plots. If you feel the sign is "ugly" then offer them to redo it for free to make it prettier! If you just posting case you are super duper jelly as it seems you are as you said its "unfair and annoying" that you don't have one. Then the why not buy the town or offer to buy a plot to make your own sign. If you dont' want to give the time ingame making a new sign or buying a plot and making one yourself then quit wasting time on the forums complaining about it.

This will not make a difference. The New players DONT READ ANY SIGNS and SOME barely see the super big one! so making a billboard with multiple signs for them to join is no better an option than it is right now. WHY? cause how do those new players know what the town is like by clicking on some random sign any better then they know by reading a big billboard. This suggestion just goes back and PROVES that you are super duper jelly that you dont have a BIG SIGN so you make a suggestion so you can at least get a small sign!
    First, the HIGH taxes where only a "side effect" of the stupid rule they made about having 1 plot for every player in town! So if you want to blame someone for that then blame the ADMINS that came up with the "brilliant" idea to do that! Secondly, this would make NO DIFFERENCE having little signs will still cause the SAME outcome

6. Old_Pink

Old_Pink Celebrity Meeper

Yeah, god damn you admins trying to make it so every player has to have a plot. Screw you for trying to give new players a fighting chance. You should be listening to the players who try to make money off the poorest and least knowledgeable players on the server and NOT a bunch of noobs. smh

7. OneBreadSlice

This at least evens up the odds for EVERYONE to have a fair shot at advertising.

DarkWarriorX5 and leodavinci9000 like this.
  8. Hornemans

Hornemans God of Meebles

Yes, that would make the "odds" more even as you put it, BUT so would you making a big sign just like the others, AND since your suggested that you be charged for the small signs, I would gladly rent you a plot to make your own big sign for 100K a week, let me know if you are interested. EITHER WAY this is still a thread more about how its not fair other mayors dont have a big sign rather then about anything else!
    I know right! Its not "really" Admins fault though... its because they try to make all the super whinny babies (like the ones that create these type of treads and support them) happy, but when they make the super whinny babies happy they end up screwing over 90% of the other players with included mostly the new players. May suggestions have been made to "fix" the problem the proper way but they have been dismissed cause again the "super whinny babies" ruin it for the rest of us.

9. OneBreadSlice

Seriously? I was trying to have a civilized argument. You are now resulting to calling me a "super whiny baby?" Im sorry that I'm not exploiting new players on the server. Maybe I should take advantage of them and get millions, then get pissed off because suddenly they want to take my source of money away.

Why don't you come up with a better idea you crook?

10. Hornemans

Hornemans God of Meebles

First Off, I praised you for coming up with an alternate idea "instead" of just bashing big sings for jealous reasons, but you clearly overlooked that fact. Secondly, I was not calling you a super whinny baby, i was using it as a reference to the analogy that you CLEARLY did not get by focusing on the part about the whinny baby! I could have use the word "miss-informed" or "other party" or "any" other word and the analogy is still the same! Third, There you go stating FALSE THINGS that are NOT true which can easily be made to say that YOU are trying to EXPLOIT new players with your SLANDER and making them do something they dont want to do, which in terms would be no better then they people you are calling bad, hence making you a hypocrite! Lastly, I have come up with many ideas to fix LOTS of problems, go check the DENIED, ACCEPTED, and PENDING piles, not to mention i say just about every day they need to put me in-charge (or someone that knows what they are doing) of the economy, but that hasn't happened either!

kwagscraft and superbros1211 like this.
  11. le gooboy

le gooboy Popular Meeper

+1, hornemans is the 90% as well as sssoulblade. 90% of meep has 20 mil+

12. superbros1211

superbros1211 Most Popular Meeper

People will just use the signs for their own gain, rather then to help new players. I know not everyone will but plenty of people definitely will do it.

metr0n0me likes this.
  13. Ulfsaar221

Ulfsaar221 Well-Known Meeper

-1 I don't see why. @Hornemans is right.

14. vrohan

vrohan Celebrity Meeper

+1 Give other towns a chance

15. Jessy1990

Jessy1990 Well-Known Meeper

+1 I'm for it. If everyone were to put up a big sign, only the first, maybe 5, will be able to be seen. The rest will have to go behind them because of the view settings. At least if there were little signs (and I'm talking the little ones that you can make from the crafting table), that gives everyone's town a chance to be seen. It can also include /t spawns so that people can actually go look at the town before joining or asking to join.

16. chrisandmatthew

chrisandmatthew Celebrity Meeper

Or for the big towns to get even bigger.

17. Old_Pink

Old_Pink Celebrity Meeper

I don't think you get it

18. builderjunkie012

builderjunkie012 Celebrity Meeper

why not have a server broadcast in alpha or beta depending on where that town is located?
    Pros: Advertising towns without huge signs. Towns get more members. Money is taken out of the economy this way.
    Cons: hornemans will spam it
    Edit: for clarification these broadcasts are for only alpha and beta and cost a rising number of meebles to prevent spam. (price reset daily)

19. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

[​IMG]

20. Dockson

Dockson Celebrity Meeper

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.