1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Towns buying Towns Possibility

Discussion in 'Denied' started by qazini, Dec 12, 2016.

1. qazini

qazini Neighborhood Panini

In Towny, players can purchase towns. I believe that this feature should be extended to towns wanting to expand themselves, so that Town X would be able to buy Town Y - just as any player would - and all of it's residents, plots, and the latter town's bank.

I realize that there are a few dilemmas that need to be worked out - towns should not be able to become monopolies by using this feature, and that rules/guidelines should be implemented to stop this from happening. Next would be the town upkeep question. Obviously Town X would suddenly add Town Y's upkeep to their own. Possibly, there would be some type of rules concerning whether Town X can buy Town Y if taxes can't cover the combined upkeep or if it would leave the bank balance greatly diminished. Speaking of taxes, that is another issue I'd like to address. As with any change of the rules or taxes of a town, residents of Town Y should have a proper week's notice that their town is being bought by another town. The rule and/or tax changes should be listed along with the notice, since, I imagine, Town Y would take up the current rules and taxes of Town X. Another, though hopefully lesser problem would be the combination of both towns' outposts. I would imagine that Town Y's outposts would re-number themselves so that count starts when Town X's outpost count ends if Town X were to buy Town Y. These are the issues that came to mind, but I imagine I missed something either for lack of attention or knowledge on the functions of Meep.

I believe that town annexation would be a great benefit to the server. Players with new towns who are having trouble expanding, could then buy a town to add on to their own, adding to their popularity value, their resident count, and more. It would also allow town sellers who care for their town but for some reason can't/won't hold on to it anymore to be confident that their town will continue to prosper in the care of another town. Town annexation would strengthen town relationships and give a big business opportunity to many. I understand that this is a huge task, and that I may have overseen a large issue with this, but I really hope that whoever reads this suggestion would consider this as a possibility for the future. Thank you for anyone who reads this.

2. TheTastyNacho

TheTastyNacho Celebrity Meeper

+1. Love this idea

3. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

This is a beaut suggestion the thing I want the most is towny changes! +1

qazini likes this.
  4. n00bslayer_99

n00bslayer_99 i like kebab

The only suggestion in ages to make me go "Hell Yes!"
    +1

qazini and Toostenheimer like this.
  5. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

This is an interesting feature and is actually a possible suggestion in towns so I give a +1

However, this, along with nations can get confusing. Some towns like Gamma and Elementals have different districts already.

I would also tweak some stuff with the size of towns (hamlet, village, etc) to make it more interesting

6. Marshy_88

Marshy_88 Celebrity Meeper

7. VKL_ReWinDzz

VKL_ReWinDzz Celebrity Meeper

OK techs drop everything ur doing with mini games and do this thanks+1

Toostenheimer, qazini and Kling like this.
  8. twomoo1119

twomoo1119 Celebrity Meeper

+1

I'm assuming all the upkeep would be inherited too?

9. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

I absolutely love the idea, but the thing is I really dont know if its even possible because the towny plugin is extremely difficult to mess with, and messingwith it the wrong way could completely break or wipe the data.
    Ill+1 for sure if its possible.

10. buttfly29

buttfly29 Popular Meeper

11. qazini

qazini Neighborhood Panini

I was talking about the combined upkeep, and whether or not rules should be established around that here: "Obviously Town X would suddenly add Town Y's upkeep to their own. Possibly, there would be some type of rules concerning whether Town X can buy Town Y if taxes can't cover the combined upkeep or if it would leave the bank balance greatly diminished." I was thinking of the rule that mayors/co-s have to leave enough money in the bank to last a week and wondering about the possibility of a similar rule when combining towns of town upkeep vs town income.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 13, 2016, Original Post Date: Dec 13, 2016 ---
    I totally understand what you mean, that's what I was saying towards the bottom. I don't know much about the behind-the-scenes Meep, so I don't know how realistic this idea is. That's kind of why I'm relying on your comments @Muunkee.

CluelessKlutz and Muunkee like this.
  12. junelawnchaired

junelawnchaired neat-o!

sounds cool but won't be accomplished sorry dude -1 unrealistic with our current resources and priorities

13. Toostenheimer

Toostenheimer Legendary Meeper

I absolutely love this idea. +1

14. 00000

00000 Guest

It is a good idea to install a rule about upkeep, as you said, because sometimes even the best of us would miscount or otherwise misunderstand our ability to do this. Regardless, this is a great idea as most of the experienced players have already settled and therefore it is not usually feasible to entice them away from towns. +1

CluelessKlutz likes this.
  15. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

Accepted and pending further discussion and/or tests

qazini and CluelessKlutz like this.