1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Thoughts on party chat

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by LargeUnit, Jul 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LargeUnit

LargeUnit Celebrity Meeper

Hello, this is thread disucssing the recent reimplemenation of “unmoderated” party chat by Meepcraft staff.

Recently, Meepcraft staff brought back a feature which allowed muted players to speak in party chat and informed players that party chat was “completely unmoderated”. I think many players thought this was a good idea as it allowed us to talk to our friends in game in a manner that may not be appropriate for global chat, without moderation. The issue is that a day or two after stating this, Meepcraft staff changed their statement regarding the moderation of party chat. Party chat was now “never completely unmoderated”. At the time, I didn’t have an issue with this but my mind was changed down the road when things said in party chat began being used as evidence for player punishments. There was a massive lack of clear communication from staff to inform the playerbase that party chat was in fact NOT unmoderated at all, which has led to poor consequences for the server. Certain staff members also tried to force themselves into one party by sudoing a player in this party in order to give us a ‘warning’ which consisted of telling members of the party to “stop being idiots”. This is not an appropriate way to warn players about what they’re doing and why it’s inappropriate in a chat which they believed was unmoderated!

Ultimately, party chat was removed due to misuse. This was something I was expecting. The issue I’m having is that staff are now using messages that players sent, in what they thought was an unmoderated chat, as evidence for their punishments. This is completely unfair to the players who were honestly baited into saying things that they normally wouldn’t say on the server, but did because they thought it was allowed.

It’s similar to when a policemen tells a person that they can hit them and then puts them in cuffs right after they do so.

I’m requesting that staff take the fault in this situation, due to their extremely poor communication, and stop using things that players said in party chat as evidence for their punishments. Because none of what was said would have been said had staff not informed the players that party chat was unmoderated. These players were turned into the bad guy due to poor staff decision making and communication regarding the “unmoderation” of party chat.

Thanks for reading, have a nice day.

Silver01, Pmx728, Natsu and 8 others like this.
  2. riri30

riri30 Retired veteran

I don’t know the circumstances of what you described, but unless you were plotting an attack against the server in your party chat, I don’t see why it should be moderated; especially if it was announced that it would indeed be unmoderated.

Having a safe space to trash talk, gossip or say whatever you want to is always good. To use commandspy, sudo or any other plugin/command to see it is just an invasion of privacy and is idiotic in my opinion, but at the end of the day, keep in mind there’ll probably always be someone watching and who’ll use things you’ve said on any chat on Meep against you should they need to. If you’re uncomfortable (understandably) with that and you want to be completely free, you could use discord which is pretty much the same as what they advertised initially.

3. Ace

Ace Celebrity Meeper

Bro our Skyblock party chat consisted of a wide range of player roasting, toxic shit, life goals and advice, to even discussing who are the direct threats for the server *cough cough* (convicted child molester) *cough* and we're still fine as fuck. I don't see why a party chat of your most trusted friends should be moderated at all and be used as an evidence against you. It's fucking dumb. Honestly this seems like another anti fun lol

Pmx728, LargeUnit, Peero and 3 others like this.
  4. Epicdude141

Epicdude141 Celebrity Meeper

Even funnier is them "compiling evidence" by ctrl+f'ing staff members names in console to see if certain players are talking about them.

5. cooey

cooey Legendary Meeper

Nice one meepcraft minecraft server staff I wonder why you have a struggling community this is very interesting to me I will think more with my brain perhaps

6. Viperfan

Viperfan Celebrity Meeper Staff Member Game Designer

It’s funny because staff believe the server is thriving when 95% of the community thinks the staff are fucking stupid. They question why the player base is down but the answer is flat in their face but they don’t seem to care. The stuff that happened with party chat just seemed to be a poor attempt to remove players that the high staff ‘don’t like’, Which isn’t how a staff team should be and honestly I never thought a staff team would drive me more and more away from this server than anything else but the more you know I guess. We as a community have tried telling staff what’s wrong with the server and why everyone quit, But they just seem to be in their own little world with their little friend group ruining this server and it gets worse and worse every day. Good job guys.

7. Epicdude141

Epicdude141 Celebrity Meeper

you know what fuck this, fucking making a rule that enables a safe "unmoderated" chat and then bait and switching to use that to perm mute/ban players. you guys are fucking scummy

Lilliya, Pmx728, cooey and 5 others like this.
  8. PandaBear711

PandaBear711 Celebrity Meeper

Here before staff delete this because they are offended over it

Pmx728, cooey, CrythSpeedy and 3 others like this.
  9. Liam

Liam Fergalicious, baby

Also! On the topic of allowing players a method of communication that is "free" and "unmoderated," SELLING SIGNS to muted players with the intention of establishing a rule that communicating via signs while muted is bannable is the most desperate method of banning players. Baiting them into an enjoyable experience and then punishing them for enjoying the community should not be allowed. At least not resulting in a permanent punishment! Thank you!

cooey, LargeUnit, Epicdude141 and 2 others like this.
  10. Katronica

Katronica Celebrity Meeper

Going based off a newly added rule that was created after an incident and now using it against them as evidence... kinda epic :cool:
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 29, 2020, Original Post Date: Jul 29, 2020 ---
    Wdym they're just trynna set up a sign market in vshop to get that eco up :love:

11. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Actually until the change was made, there were no actual rules on the entire website regarding party chat. However I do understand that it was stated by other staff members that party chat was unmoderated unless reported. Well guess what, it was reported. Action was only taken after reading through the console logs which clearly and without a doubt showed a direct link between content put in the party chat and extreme inappropriate content that was then put into the public global chat too.

qazini and Adrian like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.