1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

This is our only to keep meep alive

Discussion in 'Denied' started by CasualNuker, Jul 19, 2018.

1. CasualNuker

CasualNuker Celebrity Meeper

Ok so I was reading up on smaller servers and I believe meepcraft should become one of those if we remove airship all our mini games delete wild and intergrate wild into a /warp resource world inside the towny server and just keep with 3 basic servers 1. Towny 2. Skyblock 3. Creative and maybe once and a while as a fun event bring in Boomo and what would we do with parkour? We would keep that as a side world in towns where you do /warp parkour from /warp towns therefore saving us more money! With this suggestion being implanted if it gets accepted we will be saving money and be able to produce lots of updates and maybe implant the API sooner! So staff don’t just auto deny this suggestion we are all holding on to the hope meepcraft will become 200+ players again and all our servers will be full again but we gotta face reality and that means giving up old parts of meep that can’t do us any good now days.

Legocreator2013 likes this.
  2. Legocreator2013

Legocreator2013 Popular Meeper

I don't think that anything needs to be removed, but I don't see why some worlds like parkour can't be merged with other worlds. It shouldn't hurt much.

boombox123 and Marshy_88 like this.
  3. alex77034

alex77034 Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'

Unfortunately, I don’t think we’ll ever hit 200 players again.

Achrow, boombox123 and Marshy_88 like this.
  4. xX___Kirby___Xx

xX___Kirby___Xx Active Meeper

Great suggestion, but I agree and disagree. I do see some parts of the game getting updated more frequently, not removed, and I think it is a bit mixed up, a lot of small things. There is a big towny part, but to me, I like having one main thing to do and a few side things that I could do if I could get bored.
    I can't
    +1 or -1. Ill +1 for now and see what others think.

SuperDyl likes this.
  5. Toostenheimer

Toostenheimer Legendary Meeper

That alone is a really bad idea because if you integrate the Wild into Towny and make it where blocks can be destroyed, griefing cases will be much, much worse.
    Parkour has always been it's own world... nothing has changed it. And again, putting Parkour into Towny is a bad idea. Worlds have their limits in how far we travel, like /warp wild. It would just become an absolute disaster putting those two together in the same world.
    Don't speak for all of us, kiddo. After the EULA, most of us highly doubt we'll ever get more than 200 players on our server.

6. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

This is a bad thing, not a thing you want done to improve the server.

7. xX___Kirby___Xx

xX___Kirby___Xx Active Meeper

Marshy_88 likes this.
  8. CasualNuker

@Toastie towny and wild are meant to be together we just disable towny in the wild world like we did with the end and nether and parkour just another addition of towny and we don’t need a desperate parkour and wild servers it takes money to maintain those condense meep into a towny skyblock and creative server and we are good to go and be a better server

9. Toostenheimer

Toostenheimer Legendary Meeper

But how would you 'disable towny in the wild'? Towns' wild sections cannot be destroyed and only if you start a town and build from there. If you merge Wild and Towny into one, the necessary resources would be stripped, making some future towns unable to get the necessities they need to build. This may also affect Shops, since two worlds that have/use lots of resources mixed in one will cut down the count drastically.

And, just to keep note of this, I don't see any positive improvements from your suggestions. In a nutshell, this suggestion offers in lowering the number of worlds on the server + removing all mini-games and Airship. I don't see any ways on how to promote Meepcraft, and you tend to say this saves money. In what way? How do we save money from cutting the number of active worlds, removing our mini-games, and merging Towns and Wild into one? You need to add a bit more explanation, because just listing these off and saying it's "good to go" doesn't really help in explaining your suggestion.
    ---
    Is there something you want to say?
    I've only seen the number of players on the server hit up around the 40s at most and no higher. As I'm typing this, the current number of players online is 20. And I have Alex's comment to (kind of) back me up on this.
    Screenshot_20180719_161105.png
    Again, if there's something you want to say, type away.

alex77034 likes this.
  10. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

I see it go down to less than five regularly. There was only one on at some point last night

alex77034 and Toostenheimer like this.
  11. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Probably the best idea yet, seriously. Better to do a couple things well than a lot of things crappy.

12. OneBreadSlice

OneBreadSlice Celebrity Meeper

The only way to keep meep alive is to expand into other games and hope that the revenue they make and the interest they pull bring enough revenue and activity to keep the server afloat.

13. Blendyz

Blendyz Hipster for Life ♥

I have worked with servers before and used plugins that allow you to emulate the effect of multiple servers where each world acts like a different server (based on how you configure it). I have found this to be quite buggy. Sometimes when players go from one world to another they will lose their inventory because it doesn't save right or something else happens. This will break the server more than it'll help but yeah towny and wild could be on the same server because they use the same inventory. Other things like parkour and skyblock should be quarantined on a different server.

SuperDyl and CluelessKlutz like this.
  14. alex77034

alex77034 Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'

That won’t work. We don’t even have enough resources to keep the things we have now running smoothly. Branching out will only kill meepcraft even further.

Though I’m not sure if this idea will work, keeping our eyes focused on towns and making it the best possible while simple and fun would give meepcraft the death it deserves. Meepcraft started from towns and boomed that way and that’s the way it should simmer down. Although I do know we have a bunch of faithful players out there who would still play no matter what would happen to the server, if most people leave and the server ‘dies’ this is the best way it should end. If the server by chance doesn’t die, I’m sure the server would become more charming and the current community would get closer.

Admin input on this would be great, but *shrug*. When’s the last time we ever got a progress report, server direction thread, or solid opinion from the admin team on the home page?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
    SuperDyl likes this.
  15. EnergyAssassin

EnergyAssassin nerd Staff Member Administrator

Focusing on towns is important. What will make Towns worse is concentrating all the load on one server. That would also take time to implement, slowing down updates/API.

SuperDyl and Toostenheimer like this.
  16. CryogenicNewt05

CryogenicNewt05 Popular Meeper

Instead of getting rid of things, why can't we re-add things like the airship, dungeon, and whatever else we removed?

Can't we re-add the things that made people leave after they were removed?

17. WhoNeedsJimbo

WhoNeedsJimbo Popular Meeper

The point of this suggestion is to save money.

benster82, SuperDyl and CasualNuker like this.
  18. CasualNuker

Ok I’m making one final point on this. My point of this is to save meep and put most of our resources in the popular servers here like Towny SkyBlock and Creative do we don’t lose meepcraft I feel like we are trying to hold on to our 2014 days of when we had hundreds of people online but that’s not meep anymore we have 3 popular servers now we delete the rest and save money and focus on our remaining 3 servers
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 20, 2018, Original Post Date: Jul 20, 2018 ---
    We wanna save money not spend it and kill meep faster

19. WhoNeedsJimbo

WhoNeedsJimbo Popular Meeper

@KlutchDecals

SuperDyl likes this.
  20. Pmx728

Pmx728 Legendary Meeper

The nether is in the alpha world not towny. Not sure about the end but probably the same thing.