1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

The Meeptimes #39

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by EllieEllie, Aug 18, 2017.

1. EllieEllie

EllieEllie Staff Member Leadership

Welcome to The MeepTimes, the twice-monthly update to keep the community in the loop with what’s new, behind the scenes, and in the works. This will be published every other week.

[​IMG]
    Friday.

Community Events

Egging /pwarp Egg
    Frustrated that Ellie logged off without saying goodbye, a large crowd gathered outside /pwarp egg for a riot, and threw dozens of eggs at the giant egg. Later that night, @reggles44 and @xT3Kx expressed their own feelings about it, and spawned thousands of chickens on it. See images from the event here.

[​IMG]

Events
    Following his acceptance to tech, @LordInateur decided to test some events out, and hosted several with the community. See images from the events here.

The Project - Quests

[​IMG]

What are quests?

Quests are a feature where players get to interact with NPC’s, solve mysteries, make decisions and get prizes. The quest team is in charge of developing new ideas, quests, concepts and taking ideas from the community and developing them, getting them approved and pushing them into the community.

Who’s been working on it?

• @Midnight_Galaxy is the leader of this group and helps write, develop, edit and oversee quests.

• @riri30 and @xAlexBearx Help write and edit quests along with coming up with new ideas.

• @Vamp1re_Man Helps develop and inform the group if their ideas are possible.
    Let’s Talk!

Over the past week questions have been sent off to some of the key people involved in this project. Using their answers, let’s get some insight on this week's project - Quests

What is your role?

My role whilst working on quests is basically working on anything i can, i oversee the group, guide them, help them with any struggles they have. I also write quests, edit quests, develop new ideas. - @Midnight_Galaxy

Making outlines for quests and writing paragraphs describing them. - @xAlexBearx

My role consists of, along with my teammates, format the quests and discuss them as we go, and share our opinion on new projects. - @riri30

What was is your overall experience working quests?

Working on quests has been a amazing experience, i love the creative atmosphere and how open the group is to new ideas. - @Midnight_Galaxy

Really fun! It's great collaborating and fun working with the group. - @xAlexBearx

My overall experience has been a blast, working on quests is a lot of fun, and I find it fitting for myself, as creativity is key. - @riri30

Do you enjoy working on it?

I love working on quests, i love being able to create a story i know players will love and be engaged in. - @Midnight_Galaxy

I don't enjoy working on quests, I love working on quests. It's always fun, and there pretty much isn't any limits to your creativity while planning a quest, which I find is the best part. Talking with your partners, seeing everyone's different point of view is interesting as well. Best. Experience. Ever. - @riri30

Yup. - @xAlexBearx

How do you think the players of Meep will like it?

I believe meep will love the new features we are working on in quests and will have to wait and see if they will like them ;) - @Midnight_Galaxy

I think they'll enjoy the quests very much, and it'll be something new and refreshing to do from towny. - @xAlexBearx

I sure hope so! A lot of efforts went into the ones which will shortly be released, and I hope players have fun and enjoy them! I'm pretty positive they'll be successful. - @riri30

How do you feel the work you are putting into quests will affect the server and engage players?

I believe the work that is being put into quests will help engage players and make them want to continue doing quests. I believe it will help the community grow and become stronger. - @Midnight_Galaxy

I feel it will affect the server as quests are one of the most interactive things on Meepcraft. If you don't know how to solve a quest, someone will always be willing to help you out, which in the end brings the community together a tad more. Quests are also fun to solve. - @riri30

It'll entice them with a good storyline and adventure. - @xAlexBearx

Do you have anything you would like to add?

I hope you all enjoy the quests when we bring them out!! -@midnight_galaxy

Players will love the prizes c: . Thank you, Midnight for guiding our team! - @riri30

Vamp, ask yourself questions

1. What input have you had on this project?
    So far I have had minimal input on this project, mainly advising mg and her team how to make the implementation process as smooth as possible. - @Vamp1re_Man

1. How difficult do you believe these changes are to implement?
    The quests plugin is already pretty much completed, so no fundamental changes to it will need to be made. All that needs to be done is to add the dialogue for each new quest, which although time consuming, does not involve much effort. - @Vamp1re_Man

Storytime with the Crew - Adrian's Master Plan

Darkened skies were all anyone could see, turmoil filled the air. A plan was in the midst, AdrianBFaust was concocting his newest way to doom the empire of Legend. He was through blowing up town spawn, tired of having to re-build it every time. His ingenious plan ensured that once he was through, Legend would fall for good.

Before Adrian could set his plans into motion he needed to gather a team; a team of people so devious, cunning and witty that no one would suspect their plans. He knew the perfect people for the job, all he had to do was convince them to join him. Adrian looked up to the sky.

”You will go down this time!” he chuckled. Adrian was determined to not let anyone foil his master plans, “You better watch yourself, CluelessKlutz, you have no idea what’s coming your way,” he muttered.

***​

The town of Legend was hectic and players were coming from all directions. CluelessKlutz, the town’s mayor, was directly in the center of it, assisting his staff, new players and anyone who needed help. However, despite the busy atmosphere and everything seeming okay, he could feel something was wrong; some would even say he felt a disturbance in the Force.

Clue looked around, but he spotted nothing strange, all his town staff were working on their own projects, helping the town thrive and prosper.

“Hm, more and more curious,” CluelessKlutz murmured, continuing in his day to day activities.

***​

Adrian watched Clueless as he looked around and smirked, “He has no idea!” he thought to himself. Adrian tried to spot his first recruit, the crowds swarmed around him making it difficult to see faces. As he walked around however, he spotted someone in the distance who looked extremely familiar to the person he was looking for.

“Once! Hey! Wait up!” he shouted. However, onceuponajano continued to walk on, “onceuponajano! Stop, I need to ask you something!” He tried again, this time however causing her to turn enough to spot him running towards her.

“Woah, hey, what’s up?” She asked, surprised.

“Come with me, we need to go somewhere private to talk about this,” Adrian said, causing once’s eyebrows to raise in surprise.

Adrian took hold of once’s arm and started dragging her in the direction of an area he knew would not be busy. After he guided once to the town storage he let go and turned towards her, “So, as you know, I enjoy blowing up Legend spawn, I want to make my trail of destruction bigger!” He told her, smiling deviously.

Once, too surprised to from an intellectual response, splurted, “ansjnjdksfnjd.”

“I know, genius right? I was wondering if you wanted to help?” He asked her.

Once had finally snapped out of it enough to blurt “No!”

“Oh but I thought you would enjoy what I had in mind.” He said deflated.

“Humour me, tell me your genius plan,” Once said.

Smirking, Adrian moved closer and whispered his idea into once’s ear.

“Oh my goodness! Yes, Count me in!” she exclaimed.

Adrian smiled and informed once of what she needed to do and where to meet when it had been done.

“I am glad you’re on board, once, now I must go and find more people to help, do you think you will be able to complete this task easily on your own?” Adrian asked her.

“I’ll be fine, I’ll see you once it is done,” she replied.

***​

After leaving once to do her part, Adrian set off in search of his next two recruits, teddypines and Blue_Marlin. They were easy to locate and were convinced to join instantly and laughed when they were told the plan. The two eagerly left to start their part.

***​

Adrian’s next target would not be any harder to convince, as he set off to hunt down his next recruit he thought about his plan, and whether Clueless suspected anything. Hopefully Once does her part and manages to get him under control.

After walking around for a few minutes he had still not found Magnoot. He decided to head to the main area of town and asked around. After receiving some not so helpful comments, he soon found someone who gave him some pointers of where to look.

Adrian set off in the direction he was given and soon found a wild Magnoot.

“Hey Mag, I have a favour to ask,” Adrian said.

“Eh.”

Adrian began explaining his plan to the nonchalant Magnoot. As he got deeper into his plan he saw the change in Magnoot’s face go from disinterested to intrigued.

“So what do you say, are you interested?”

“Meh, why not?”

Adrian was pleased with this response and went on his way to get his final recruit.

***​

Tracking down his said recruit was not going to be the hard part, all he had to do was look for a dark cave inhabited by Bats. Convincing him, however, was going to be the difficult part.

Adrian soon spotted DarkKnight49x in the corner, playing what appeared to be some form of video game, “Hey dark, whatcha up too?”

“O, playing pokeman, yes. Die, tab13!!”

“Ah, interesting,” Adrian said, unenthusiastically.

“Y e s v e r y!”

“Um, well I was wondering if you could help me with something?” Adrian asked.

“O, wot?”

Adrian began to inform Dark of his master plan and made it halfway through before he was interrupted, “y tho?” Dark asked.

“Because I am fed up of having to rebuild town spawn everyother day!” he exclaimed.

“O, ok.”

Adrian managed to tell Dark his entire plan and was pleasantly surprised when he agreed to help out. Adrian had finally gotten everyone he wanted to help him together and they had all been given their individual roles.

***​

Adrian headed to the meeting point, Legend town spawn, where he hoped everyone had gotten everything ready. As he walked into the area he saw his group all there waiting for him, including a new face, next to once was none other than EllieEllie.

”Once what is she doing here?” Adrian asked.

“She made me include her, I think she would really help getting him here,” once replied with Ellie nodding enthusiastically next to her.

“Fine you go get him, I think we are ready here,” Adrian announced.

As Once and Ellie went off to get Clueless, Adrian ensured the area was perfect and everything was in place.

“Nice work guys, it looks perfect,” He announced as he looked at the masterpiece.

***​

After a small period of time had passed, once soon returned.

“We found him, Ellie is ready to bring him when we are!” She exclaimed and walked into the contraption. Suddenly Ellie appeared and not long after, so did Clueless.

“There, he is AFK as well so it’s perfect,” Ellie informed them.

Adrian smiled up at his creation, without a mayor legend will have to fall! Now that he had trapped the one person keeping it alive!

“We did it, then-” Adrian started.

“Um, what is this?” They heard a voice ask from above them.

Adrian smirked up at Clueless, “This is your doom, from there you shall watch your beloved town fall, whilst you do nothing but watch.”

“Ah, I see, you think you have won, but the good side of the force always wins!” Clue exclaims as he suddenly appears below them.

“Wha……” Adrian blubbered.

“You didn’t think I would come unprepared? I never leave home without my handy compass, especially when those two are leading me, know how many times they have tried this?” Clue asks smiling.

Adrian stood them dumbfounded, how had his plan failed? What went wrong? Adrian was left with his thoughts as Clueless walked off laughing.

“I will get you one day CluelessKlutz!” Adrian exclaimed.

The end!

Characters: @teddypines @onceuponajano @AdrianIsEpic @Blue_Marlin @Magnoot @DarkKnight49x

If you have any story ideas you would like to be contributed into the times please send a mail or inbox to one of the MeepTimes members listed at the end of the issue.​

Humans Of MeepCraft - Feat. Amethyst11

[​IMG]

So, since you’re quite new to the server, what’s your favourite part so far?
    Hmm… I really love creative! That you can build whatever you want! I think my rollercoaster [pictured] is my favourite thing I’ve built.

When did you first start playing minecraft and what made you start playing on multiplayer servers?
    Actually, I don’t remember, haha! I watched a lot of youtube videos, so I discovered several servers I think, through that.

Cool! Do you have a favourite minecraft memory?
    Hmm.. I think my favourite memory was when I met a girl on another server, we used to play a lot together.

What would you do if you were Admin for a day?
    Oh.. I think I would get more plots and build the whole day haha! I really love building things.

Where did you get your name from?
    I watched a minecraft video where a guy played a mod pack, and when he mined he found an ore called Amethyst, and I loved that name! And because my birthday is in November I named my player “Amethyst11”

Okay, this is a question from Clueless, he would like to know what your favourite Star Wars film is.
    Actually I have never watched Star Wars haha (sorry Clueless).

I don't know you anymore! - Clueless

Anything else you would like to add?
    Hmm.. I don’t think so.. Or maybe that I love Harry Potter. I would like to know how many Potterheads are on this server :)

Welcomes and Farewells

Congratulations to @LordInateur on being accepted for tech!

We also bid an enormous thank you to @Courtneyyy, who has put so much time, effort, and ability into the server as she sets off on the next part of the journey of life. Good luck in the future!

Social Media!

Be sure to follow us on our social media platforms to get sneak peaks and be kept up to date on all things meep!​

Instagram! - @officialmeepcraftmc

Facebook! - @meepcraftmc​

Get involved with the MeepTimes

With every release of the paper we will pick a cover photo and a (free) advertisement submitted by the community. The owner of each piece of content will receive 4,000 meebles and have their name featured in the article, below their content. Fill out the form here to submit content. Happy Meeping!

The next issue of The MeepTimes will be released September 1 2017! See you then!

This issue was created by @CluelessKlutz @EllieEllie @Kling @Midnight_Galaxy

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  2. Math_Pro

Math_Pro Celebrity Meeper

Once again, another great issue! Keep up the good work!

3. Courtneyyy

Courtneyyy Admin Princess Staff Member Helper Media Elder

Thanks guys keep up the amazing work with MeepTimes I am so beyond proud of you all!

4. CryogenicNewt05

CryogenicNewt05 Popular Meeper

My ad wasn't included

00000, Natsu and creepersareokay like this.
  5. DarkKnight49x

DarkKnight49x ⏦ ❀ The True Dark Knight ❀ ⏦

Oh no.
    Meep is going to get very interesting soon.

onceuponajano, Courtneyyy and riri30 like this.
  6. CyborgZeroX

CyborgZeroX -=Retired Staff Member=- Elder

Great way to catch up after being gone for 3+ months

[​IMG]

iKitten, ToonMichaela, Kling and 2 others like this.
  7. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

Y tho

8. buttfly29

buttfly29 Popular Meeper

Ellie I'm so proud of you :D

9. Adrian

Adrian Epic Staff Member Administrator

@EllieEllie you make me sound insane.
    again, I'm not insane :p
    Literally, the 2 people id go to.
    I smell @CluelessKlutz writing.

I loved this issue, can't want to see the next.
    -Adrian (Yes I wrote something positive that was not at all sarcastic)

iKitten likes this.
  10. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

Excited to see the new quests implemented!

11. EllieEllie

miss you, butt :(
    I didn't write the story ;)

iKitten and onceuponajano like this.
  12. onceuponajano

onceuponajano nump(t)y queen

another great Meeptimes, staff are on a roll with this!!

(P.S clue I would never plan to blow up legend, the town is safe with me!)

SuperDyl, Adrian and iKitten like this.
  13. iKitten

iKitten >^-^<

I love Meeptimes so much! For me the best part is always the story!! Thanks for another great Meeptimes and wonderful story!

onceuponajano and Adrian like this.
  14. DarkKnight49x

Why? Oh, you will see.
    Everyone will.

riri30, iKitten, EllieEllie and 2 others like this.
  15. Adrian

Adrian Epic Staff Member Administrator

Odd that sounded like you.

16. EllieEllie

Perhaps it was my doppelganger

Adrian, iKitten and onceuponajano like this.
  17. DarkKnight49x

Ellie has been banned.

iKitten and onceuponajano like this.
  18. onceuponajano

onceuponajano nump(t)y queen

yeah I wrote this one....

iKitten likes this.
  19. SpongeyStar

SpongeyStar Professor in Wumbology

And so have you, permanently, never come back, I also booked a tomato for you to be zipped in.
    Speak for yourself.

p.s i love this issue and i think you should make these stories into real books and sell them i would buy them with the money i stole from darkinight

Natsu, onceuponajano and iKitten like this.
  20. Vexmae

Vexmae Royal-Tea Staff Member Mod Media

Nice jobs guys (sad that no one noticed my birthday today) :(