1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

The MeepTimes #29

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Midnight_Galaxy, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Midnight_Galaxy

Midnight_Galaxy ✧゚・:*Forever Reading *:・゚✧

[​IMG]

T3k’s Legendary Drop Party - CluelessKlutz

Welcome to The MeepTimes, the twice-monthly update to keep the community in the loop with what’s new, behind the scenes, and in the works. This will be published every other Friday.

Recently Accepted Suggestions

Supply Drop
    Whether you’re low on a few materials, or just love a good ole’ treasure hunt, the supply drop is the way to go. This exciting change will make supply drop fun for all once again!
    Trello Card

Creative Plots
    Ever get tired of inactive players surrounding your lonely Creative plot? This simply means, players gone for more than thirty-four days will have their plots removed, allowing you to expand!
    Trello Card

Voting Advertisements
    With voting back and better than ever, we will be updating the messages that are found on the voting sites to match the server!
    Trello Card

Community/Server Events

[​IMG]

Easter Egg Hunt
    Spawn is now decorated for the coming holidays! To celebrate, a Easter egg hunt was hosted in spawn, and @Kling won 75k, @Acceleradiance won 50k, and @Epixaid won 20k for being the first three to find the 12 eggs.

T3k’s Legendary Drop Party
    One Monday afternoon, while playing with potions (again!), the resident admin decided to host a drop party at /t spawn Legend. Vote keys, diamonds, gold blocks, diamond blocks, special tools, and all the other goodies fell from above as players competed to be the first to pick them up. See images here.

Muunkee's Wild Chest Hunt
    Giving away over a million Meebles in gold, Muunkee hid multiple stashes in Wild, and posted the coordinates to reach them. Players found these in under an hour, much to her dismay. See details here.

Storytime with the Crew

Once upon a time in a land much different from ours, a land where eggs and people are equal, Ellie, queen of the eggs, sat speaking to her subjects in the great hall of her castle.

Her voice was gentle yet firm, smooth yet powerful, stern yet fair. Her majesty commanded authority from those she ruled over, and had no tolerance for disobedience. However, she was very lenient with her subjects, imposing few laws other than simply to maintain peace in the land. Beside Queen Ellie and 2nd in command, was her most loyal adviser, Saltknight. Salt helped Ellie with everything she ever needed. Outside of their work relationship, they were also great friends and knew everything about each other, or so they thought.

Little to Salt’s knowledge, Ellie had an incredible secret; she was in the possession of a magical golden egg containing immense power. The egg had been protected by the rulers of the kingdom for centuries, and was extremely powerful. It had the potential to provide greatness if in the right hands, but utter destruction if in the wrong hands. Ellie, scared of its potential, had never told anyone of its existence. It wasn’t until one day when Salt was helping Ellie clean the castle, that he accidentally stumbled upon the golden egg. Salt felt betrayed, the person he trusted most had been keeping secrets from him. He was furious and took off from the castle . . . along with the golden egg.

***​

Salt ran for what seemed like forever, trying desperately to get away from the place he once loved. He felt angry, sad, and most of all betrayed.

Feet sore and legs aching, Salt arrived at a cave on the land’s borders, a place he usually came to for some peace and quiet.

“How could she not tell me about this? She was my best friend!” Salt asked himself in despair. In his struggle to decide what to do next, his actions became flippant. Whatever, he thought to himself, no point dwelling on her when I could be figuring out the secrets of this golden egg. He started to fiddle with it, trying to figure out just how he could use it to take his revenge.

The hours passed and Salt, who had a brilliant mind, had become quite sure in the egg’s purpose. Salt deciphered that the golden egg is used to control the balance between the humans and the eggs. It acted like a switch, on one side it allowed the eggs to live in peace with the humans, but when flipped, it would cause all the eggs to rebel. Salt understood this, and blinded by his rage, he flipped the switch.

***​

Back at the castle, Ellie had been looking all over for Salt, but to no avail. Suddenly, all the eggs instantly started causing a major uproar, attacking the humans and breaking things all around. She watched as eggs threw themselves off high balconies to fall on her guards. No one knew what was going on, no one but Ellie that is; the guards were reluctant to fight back due to the confusion; so she had to come up with a plan, and fast.

She rushed to the secret room where the egg was kept and discovered that it was gone. Instantly, she realised why she wasn’t able to find Salt; she knew he had stolen it, and knew something had to be done… quick.

“Guards!!” she cried.

“Your majesty! Your majesty! What’s going on?!” One of her loyal guards asked rushing to the scene. Unable to speak, Ellie merely pointed to the pedestal where the egg once was. “What? What was there?” The guard asked, unaware of the treasure.

“Don’t you see what’s happened?” The queen asked, “Don’t you see what has been done, taken, stolen from us all?”

“I’m sorry, your highness; I don’t know what was in there, this room was beyond our authority level.” the guard muttered, embarrassed that he couldn't be of any assistance.

Ellie, angry that the power for good and evil had been stolen, tried to calm herself down. “In this chamber, was a source of great power and in the wrong hands will cause great destruction. Saltknight has taken this power and I dread to think what else he is planning.”

Overcome by emotion, the betrayal of her friend still fresh on her mind, Ellie knew however that her kingdom was more important than anything she felt. Ellie knew that she needed to restore the balance and knew that she could not let her feelings overcome her.

Rushing into action, Ellie gathered her loyal guards and explained how the balance had been upset and that the only way to restore it was returning the golden egg to the kingdom and putting it back on the right track. Sending her guards off to assemble a search team, Ellie did her own investigation. After knowing Saltknight for most of her life, she knew all of his secrets and she knew that if she really set her mind to it, she could figure out where her went.

Saltknight stared at the object in his hands, suddenly regretting what he had done. “How can I ever go back now? Ellie will never forgive me!” Salt wept. Crumpling against the cave wall, Salt held his head in his hands, pushed the egg away from him and prepared for banishment.

Whilst Saltknight was regretting his decision, Ellie finally figured out where Salt was hiding. Ellie sprung to action and shouted, “GUARDS! We need to go to the borders of the land, there is a cave there and that has to be where he is hiding!” The grabbed a few supplies and set off on the long walk, their resolve fueling their willpower.

Saltknight heard them approach before they reached the entrance, overwhelmed by guilt he turned his back to them. “Over here! I found the traitor!” one of the guards shouted.

Ellie rushed towards the voice, but was completely shocked by what she saw. Never did she imagine to see the supposed betrayer to be on his knees weeping with the egg shoved away.

“Salt, why would you do this?” Ellie asked, saddened.

Salt jumped at the voice, but slowly looked up, “I felt so betrayed that you kept it from me, but when I flicked the switch I felt so much guilt, I am so sorry!” Salt wept.

Stunned, Ellie bent down and grasped the egg and held it close to her chest. “Salt, I apologise for not telling you but you cannot understand what you have done. I cannot forgive you today, but maybe one day I can ,” Ellie responded gently.

Ellie began slowly walking out of the cave, the egg clutched tightly towards her chest. She breathed a sigh of relief as she made her way back towards the castle; the egg safe at last.

Once the golden egg was safely back in the walls of the castle, she flipped the switch back, restoring balance in the kingdom. Immediately, the eggs became docile, stopping the fighting they had initially began. Ellie had restored peace to her kingdom, but the damage was far from little. It took months of Ellie and her servant’s hardest work to restore the kingdom to its former state.

Ellie looked over her land and smiled, everything is back to the way it should be and she decided then that the powers of the Golden Egg should no longer be kept a secret and should be known among the land. Happy with her decision, she retreated back into her castle ready for whatever happens next.

The End!

If you have any story ideas you would like to be contributed into the times please send a mail or inbox to one of the MeepTimes members listed at the end of the issue.

Humans Of MeepCraft - Feat. @Marthacuddles

[​IMG]

How do you rate oKling?
    8/10 “brick wall”

What is your proudest achievement so far?
    Making my town Ashford! It’s going well, we have some paths down, a few lights and a bridge so far. We only made it a few days ago.

What are your favourite hobbies outside of Meep?
    I really enjoy playing my tin whistle, drawing and cooking pasta and potatoes, any kind.

Do you think I need to ease up on the eggs? Kling says they make me gassy.

No, eggs are good for you. Rude, I must say.

Who do you hang out with on Meep and why?

I hang out with EllieEllie, Ukiyo_yokai, Player2, kdocherty7 because they are all fun and nice.

What would you do if you were op’d for an hour?

Hmm, let me think, I would kill all the rich people and bid off their items. If they wanted their items back, they would have to pay me.

How did you find Meep and why do you stay?

When I was younger, I watched my brother play on Meep and one day I wanted to play too, I stay because of the community.

What’s your favourite thing to do on Meep?
    Improve my town and go on creative.

Are there any questions you have for staff members?
    What would you consider to be ‘toxic’?

Ellie: I would say personally, if a player went out of their way to purposefully and frequently be rude to another player or be vindictive about the server then that’s what I would consider to be toxic. If it’s negativity about the server but they suggest improvements then that’s what we want.

Midnight: Everyone has a different opinion of what is toxic

Ellie: Yeah, which sometimes makes it difficult when something is seen as a joke to one person and something mean to another.

Midnight: Or toxic can also be when a player has been asked to stop multiple times but doesn’t. But the good thing is, you always get warned before serious action is taken.

Clueless: Personally, I take it as a deliberate attitude of negativity that just kind of drags everyone’s mood down. Disliking something or someone is one thing, but when it drives people away, things should be taken seriously.

Is there anything else you’d like to add, Martha?

Thank you for reading, hope I can see you all in game someday.

Welcomes and Farewells

Congratulations to @Cherrykit on being accepted for trial tech!

We also express our appreciation for @CyborgZeroX , @MegaStufOreo , and @Noahnda as they say their farewell, leaving their moderator role for new adventures and challenges.

We applaud the nerd as we congratulate @CluelessKlutz on being promoted to SuperMod!

Get involved with the MeepTimes

With every release of the paper we will pick a cover photo and a (free) advertisement submitted by the community. The owner of each piece of content will receive 4,000 meebles and have their name featured in the article, below their content. Fill out the form here to submit content. Happy Meeping!

The next issue of The MeepTimes will be released April 14 2017! See you then!

This issue was created by @CluelessKlutz @EllieEllie @Midnight_Galaxy @Flamedemond2

OKNEM, nokes, KyloMeep and 11 others like this.
  2. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

Can we change our group name from ''The Crew'' to ''The Pigs''

3. Midnight_Galaxy

Midnight_Galaxy ✧゚・:*Forever Reading *:・゚✧

4. EllieEllie

EllieEllie Staff Member Leadership

Great work everyone involved :D And if I do say so, this is a mighty fine edition, much egg very wow

5. Flamedemond2

Flamedemond2 Highly flammable

This was the first edition of meeptimes I got to be apart of, and I'm so glad it turned out the way it did! Well done to everyone who contributed on making this possible. :)

6. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

I feel sorry for the team that has to work under that guy.

7. Marthacuddles

Marthacuddles Celebrity Meeper

Thanks for letting me be on this edition of The MeepTimes!, It was a pleasure.

SuperDyl, Nager2015, KyloMeep and 5 others like this.
  8. EllieEllie

Me too :/ #demote

9. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

I dont, no one under him has to work because he takes all the modreqs

I cant BELIEVE MY event was not included btw *Cry*

10. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

[​IMG]

11. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

wow clearly I am a fool

12. DarkKnight49x

DarkKnight49x ⏦ ❀ The True Dark Knight ❀ ⏦

all the eggs probably looked like this

Attached Files:

13. EllieEllie

Some had hair

Midnight_Galaxy and Natsu like this.
  14. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

Looks like meep is having a fun time :):)

The interview was the best I've seen ;)

15. EllieEllie

Flattery gets you everywhere. How do you rate kling?

Kling and Natsu like this.
  16. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

Better than @CluelessKlutz

17. TheTastyNacho

TheTastyNacho Celebrity Meeper

Ellie just forgive Salt. Jeez, he had a decent reason to be angry at you so just forgive each other.

EllieEllie and Midnight_Galaxy like this.
  18. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

This is the origins story for how he came to be called Saltknight. He was salty about the secret.

19. EllieEllie

Never! My precious eggs

SuperDyl, Natsu and Midnight_Galaxy like this.
  20. MoonlitMadness

MoonlitMadness Celebrity Meeper

lol salt knight r8 8/8