1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

The MeepTimes #28

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by MoonlitMadness, Mar 17, 2017.

1. MoonlitMadness

MoonlitMadness Celebrity Meeper

[​IMG]

Welcome to The MeepTimes, the twice-monthly update to keep the community in the loop with what’s new, behind the scenes, and in the works. This will be published every other Friday.

Server Updates

New Effects

A series of new effects have been added! Use /h to display the menu of effects, and click on one to use it.

Bugs Squashed

Voting

Returning to the server once again, voting has been redone and fine-tuned! Do /vote in spawn to get the links to the four websites you can vote on. Receive 2,000 Meebles instantly as you vote, with the chance to win rare prizes. Oh, and one more thing! Every 100 votes there will be a vote party in spawn for some great extra prizes! So make sure you take advantage of this great new feature!

Community/Server Events

Mowglisid’s Concert

Sad about @Natsu taking some time away from the server, @Mowglisid decided to host a “Byby Natsu” Concert on Discord. Singing songs he wrote himself, the concert which lasted more than an hour was enjoyed by many, until @Niiicck summoned in Dyno to play something else. See here for the thread.

Storytime with the Crew

To read what happened previously, check out Meeptimes #26 and #27.

The party had assembled with T3k at the head; Kling, Megastuforeo, CluelessKlutz, and CyborgZeroX set out to find the dastardly device the rumors spoke of. They traveled over steep mountains, through deep chasms and across raging oceans. Stopping at villages and towns, they asked as many people as they could about the whereabouts of a gold foundry. To no avail, they returned to the fortress of NinjaRoxy.

As they entered the gates, Megastuforeo happened to gaze back at the stunning Egyptian architecture the neighbors had built. “Ah, what a beautiful building.” He noted.

As he looked closer, he noticed a diminutive brown creature scurrying around the building, a large and heavy looking sack on his back. A split second view of shimmering contents has Mega even more intrigued. “Hmmm, I wonder,” Mega thought to himself. “Guys, take a look over there. I just saw a villager carrying lots of gold leave the Sphynx.”

Scratching his head, Cyborg mused, “That’s Quest Blaster’s place. I heard he recently acquired a large inheritance from his uncle.”

Puzzled, Clueless added, “I’ve spoken with Quest Master a multitude of times. See, he’s Quest Blaster’s brother, but he’s never mentioned even having an uncle. I’d highly recommend we investigate this paradox.”

Kling shook his head, “And there is our daily vocabulary lesson with Ck.”

“Alright then, so that’s settled?” T3k asked.

“Legend plan, mate,” Kling concurred.

“I’ve got the TNT already,” Cyborg mentioned. Sneakily, the party placed each block of explosives carefully, with a single wire of Redstone leading to the circuit.

“Great job on the calculations, Ck,” Mega mentioned.

“Anytime, just remember to be careful, and not hit the lever before . . .” Looking over at the lever, the two observed Pandabear711 pass by, examining the lever carefully.

“No, Panda, no!” Mega yelled, but as they say, curiosity kills the cat, and apparently pandas are no different. Panda kicked the lever once before strolling away.

“Take cover!” Clueless shrieked. Explosions rocked the earth beneath their feet as the first in the reaction ignited, leading down the avenue of destruction.

The explosions carried on for a good five minutes and it was at least ten before the dust and debris began to settle, granting clear sight to the group once more.

“Well, that was close,” Kling remarked. “You’d have thought we were playing Boomo on that thing.” Chuckling, the group walked into the damp tunnels beneath the sphinx and into the world below.

Deeper and deeper they traveled, barely able to see hands a mere foot from their face. After what felt like miles, the tunnel leveled out into a vast construction of glimmering quartz and sparkling blocks of pure gold. Pistons clanked and moved on the enormous machine in the middle of the room, gold pouring off of the conveyer belt on the other side.

“I’d say we’ve come to the right place.” T3k remarked. Suddenly, two villagers jumped out of the shadows, swords drawn.

“How’d you get down here?” the first mused.

“Doesn’t matter, we’ll take care of ‘em.” the second guard stated in the most arrogant of tones. He widened his stance and prepared for the fight. T3k sauntered towards him, gripped the hammer’s handle solidly and swung.

T3k landed a mighty blow on his opponent, the hammer fully denting the other’s armour and causing the enemy to collapse like a marionette without its puppet master. The conspirator looked up at T3k from his position on the floor, eyes dark and wide.

“What is that thing made of?!” He uttered before his eyes rolled back and he slumped against the sandstone floor.

Not wanting to end up the same way as his partner and being of a cowardly nature, the other villager laid down his sword and surrendered himself to capture.

“Well, that takes care of those two. Fan out and see if there’s anyone else down here.” Laughter echoed throughout the chamber.

They were not searching for long until the main suspect appeared. Stepping out from the dark shadows near the roof, Quest Blaster slowly walked forward, flanked by Valeria and Romeo.

“Found me at last, have you?” he sneered. “It’s certainly taken the oh so mighty staff members long enough to catch on to us.”

Shaking his head, Kling laughed, “Cocky, are we? You saw what happened to the last two to think that way.” Grin faded, Quest Blaster summoned more guards to fight the valiant party. The fight began.

“Did I ever mention I liked PvP a while back?” Clueless half-whispered to Cyborg as they fought side by side against the onslaught of guards.

“I’d like it more if these guys weren’t so annoying, because they’re keeping us from going after Quest Blaster.” Sighing, Clueless nodded.

“You guys handle the guards, I’ll go after him.” T3k commanded. Thus, he ran off, carrying the special weapon Klutch had lent to him: the Magnus Malleus, a mythical war hammer that had been nicknamed, “Ye Olde Banhammer.”

Catching up to Quest Blaster, he raised the hammer high above his head, preparing for the first hit. Quest Blaster drew his enchanted diamond sword out of its sheath. “It’s amazing what you can buy with enough money,” the dark villager grinned, gathering together his set of solid diamond armor. Clashing together, metal grinded as the fight began. Back and forth, they swung.

Eventually, they began to tire, and swings became less frequent. Finally, T3k used the last of his strength to raise the hammer, and crashed through Quest Blaster’s worn down defenses. He had won.

Several days had passed since Quest Blast had been defeated, and T3k stood in the grand hall, or not so grand yet, of the new castle he was building with Klutch. “So, what’re we gonna do with the remaining gold stash we retrieved?” T3k inquired.

Thinking not too hardly at all, Klutch grinned, “I think I have an idea.”

https://i.gyazo.com/4ea808cfffc9c0cc5b383ef5e6df453b.gif

Got an idea for the next story? Submit it to any staff member to see if your idea will be our next saga!

Humans Of MeepCraft - Feat. @Ellie J (Pandalady404)

Who are your biggest Meepcraft pals and why?

“My biggest Meepcraft pals are @~MiaCorn~, @Tweide, Aubo, Galaxy (Ukiyo), and @EllieEllie because we all care about each other and want to spend time together. We usually pass time by improving Mia's town or just chatting about anything we want!”

What is your favorite thing to do on Meep?

“My favorite thing to do on Meep is farm. I own a café in Mia's Town Silver Wing with an underground farm. ”

How do you make meebles?

“I earn most of my money by fishing and farming.:

What is your favorite aspect of Meepcraft? When did you join and what keeps you around?

“I can't choose between the people and the set up. It's amazing that I can have a home in a town, play in minigames, do parkour, and participate in all the other things Meep has to offer! I joined Meep in mid 2014. I was searching for servers with Skyblock (it was the only thing I liked to play at the time) and came across Meepcraft. I played for a while and dropped it (I don't remember why) until early December of 2016. I was deleting old servers I didn't play on anymore and saw Meep at the very bottom of my page. I didn't remember what it was until I logged on. Since then, I haven't stopped and I've been getting on daily. “

Is there anything you’d like to add?

“Thank you for your time :),

Pandalady404”

Welcomes and Farewells

This time, we bid farewell to a great friend and Supermod. Thank you @Niiicck for all the time you have put into the server over the last 11 months, and good luck in the future! We hope you decide to come back soon enough!

At the same time, we also congratulate @MiniArch_ on being accepted as an architect!

Get involved with the MeepTimes

With every release of the paper we will pick a cover photo and a (free) advertisement submitted by the community. The owner of each piece of content will receive 4,000 meebles and have their name featured in the article, below their content. Fill out the form here to submit content. Happy Meeping!

The next issue of The MeepTimes will be released March 31 2017! See you then!

This issue was created by @CluelessKlutz @MoonlitMadness @Noahnda @EllieEllie

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  2. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

Very rich, detailed, carefully examined and symbolic story. Impressive! Thanks CK for the vocab lesson :)

May the citizens of meepcraft rise to glory!!

3. EllieEllie

EllieEllie Staff Member Leadership

Thanks for all your hard work on this one, everyone. And remember, if any of you guys have ideas for stories you'd like to see then message any of us and we'll pass it along. Cough egg story cough.

4. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

No

5. EllieEllie

Overruled

SuperDyl, Natsu, KyloMeep and 2 others like this.
  6. buttfly29

buttfly29 Popular Meeper

I will punch you.

KyloMeep likes this.
  7. Ellie J

Ellie J Meeper

This MeepTimes addition was amazing! Thanks for adding me in there!:D

8. zalicorn

zalicorn Popular Meeper

This was awesome

SuperDyl, Natsu and MoonlitMadness like this.
  9. EllieEllie

Overruled

SuperDyl and MoonlitMadness like this.
  10. MoonlitMadness

once upon a time there was a lady hen, she laid a couple eggs and old mcdonald who had a farm collected them. These eggs were shipped to the local wal-mart where a little boy named dawn bought them and ate them for breakfast the following morning the end.

GroovyGrevous, SuperDyl and Natsu like this.
  11. EllieEllie

........That is despicable

12. buttfly29

buttfly29 Popular Meeper

I WILL PUNCH YOU.

13. EllieEllie

OVERRULED. Meet me in spawn, then we'll see who can punch who.

Oh wait....

So, if anyone has any ads they would like to put in then please give one of us a shout as well, we are always open for suggestions

14. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

Once upon a time the egg became a chicken, but the egg came from a chicken, but that chicken came from an egg, so no one knows which came first.

Solution: since some bird evolved into a chicken, the bird must've laid a mutated egg that evolved to be a chicken, therefore the egg came first.

Are you happy now @EllieEllie

EllieEllie likes this.
  15. EllieEllie

Eggstatic ;)

Natsu likes this.
  16. Niiicck

Niiicck Retired SuperMod

wonderful

EllieEllie and MoonlitMadness like this.
  17. MoonlitMadness

........That is despicable

EllieEllie and Natsu like this.
  18. TheTastyNacho

TheTastyNacho Celebrity Meeper

Great edition! Love how you added panda into the story. I'd like to be in the next one. We need these more often.

SuperDyl and EllieEllie like this.
  19. Blue_Marlin

Blue_Marlin Popular Meeper

Nice meeptimes! yall do a great job at these! Keep it up. ;)

MoonlitMadness likes this.
  20. 2leah2

2leah2 Celebrity Meeper

make midnight_galaxy the new supermod pls