1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

The MeepCraft Times #16

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Courtneyyy, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Courtneyyy

Courtneyyy Admin Princess Staff Member Helper Media Elder

[​IMG]
    New Spawn Hub @Courtneyyy 2016

Welcome to The MeepCraft Times, the twice-monthly update to keep the community in the loop with what’s new, behind the scenes, and in the works. This will be published every other Friday.

New Additions/Changes

Teaser
    We released a teaser trailer for our new spawn head on over and check it out here!

Updating
    We are currently at this moment updating to 1.10 how exciting! We will update this thread with new additions as they happen so stay tuned!
    On 8/20/2016 we released our update to the public including New Spawn, Gamma, Quests, and more check it out here for additional info!

Recently Accepted Suggestions

Towny Commands
    If you have trouble with towny permissions worry no more as mayors and plot owners will soon be able to add a person to the plot with one easy command! Thanks @kcschmidt for this suggestion. View the Trello card here.

Server Events

Parkour
    MeepCraft is holding our Summer Parkour Map Contest with over 5 million meebles in prizes! Make sure you get involved you never know what you could win. Head on over to the thread right here and check it out!

Meep Takes to the Skies
    @KlutchDecals wanted to say thanks for being a part of meepcraft and gifted us all with fly for a short period. We had air battles in kitpvp and explored the heights of spawn. Thanks Klutch!

Pokemon Hunt
    Want to become a Pokemon hunter?! Well your dreams can now come true; Thanks to @KlutchDecals for hiding multiple Pokemon throughout the server! Anyone can find them. For more information go here!

Community Events

Mini Pool Party
    Friendly neighborhood June found a mini pool with a sign that said “mini pool party” and decided that it was about time that Meep had a mini pool party! We danced and sang at /pwarp minipoolparty and took some great candids. And there were cookies! ( gallery )

Humans Of MeepCraft - With @kcschmidt

[​IMG]

Hey there! How are you today?
    Very well, I’ve just been working a lot on random stuff on the server.

What did you do before you discovered meep?
    Before I discovered Meep, I was a hardcore factions warlord, leading a faction of close to 25 members. That server is now empty because we always won wars, so they all got tired of losing and left.

What was the transition like from factions to towny?
    In reality, it was pretty seamless. While the commands have different prefixes, they are pretty similar. Claiming, making new towns/factions, and stuff like that are almost exactly the same. The only true difference was the lack of combat every day. I can build a giant quartz house and it won’t get blown sky high within 3 hours! A lot of Towny is very similar, but much more on the mild side of it all.

You are assistant in DreamCraft, what is it like working on one of the most powerful and amazing towns on the server? Do you like the responsibility? How did you come to be an assistant?

It has been quite the ride, that’s for sure. Overall, it has been the thing I am the proudest of at the end of the day. A lot of what I do is adding new residents, and showing them the ropes of not only the town, but the server as a whole. Between the rest of the Dreamcraft staff team and myself, it is always a pleasure to come online every day, and simply talk, build, or relax together. It’s one of those things that can be very hard to describe.

I became an assistant for the town back in late December of last year, after I had been playing for a very short time on the server. Looking back, I’m still surprised I was ever offered the position at all, given my lack of knowledge back then. I spent more than a half hour trying to invite one of my faction mates to the town because the command I was used to was /t invite, rather than /t add.

You are are always in tutorial guiding new players, what about that process leads you to continue with it and what do you find most enjoyable?
    For me, it’s more than simply welcoming people I don’t know at all, it’s taking someone, anyone, knowing nothing about them, and welcoming them into the community with open arms, as I was. It’s so easy to be negative, and it makes all the difference when someone goes out of their way to do something for you. Truly, it can make a really tough day a lot brighter. The best part from my side is seeing this person that you taught grow into someone who loves this community as much as I do, even if they grow apart from yourself. The free taxes in Dreamcraft allow me to further this work by giving them a good house to start off with (that can be so much fun to build, too!), the means to make money through farms and grinders we have set up, and finally, the a small little community within the town to learn from. This doesn’t mean to say I’m just trying to recruit more people to the town, because I honestly don’t care if they live in Mooville, Dax, etc., because more than being just another resident, it’s the opportunity to form another friendship, which is honestly what keeps me going every day.

Thanks for letting us interview you! Have any final thoughts?
    It’s been a pleasure! The best part about coming on, for me, is the multitude of ways players interact, because none of us would ever encounter each other had it not been for the opportunities provided through this server. So, if nothing else, I’m thankful for that.

Welcome to the Team!

Welcome @Zoe89 , @kirby99 , @metr0n0me , and @Deinen to the Helper squad. I know you guys will do great things! A big welcome back to @Deljikho on your promotion to the moderator team. Last but not least a big congratulations to @Courtneyyy on SuperMod all of your hard work has truly paid off, show us what you got!

Get involved with the MeepCraft Times

With every release of the paper we will pick a cover photo, a story, and a (free) advertisement submitted by the community. The owner of each piece of content will receive 15,000 meebles and have their name featured in the article, below their content. Fill out the form here to submit content. Happy Meeping!

The next issue of The MeepCraft Times will be released 2 September 2016! See you then!
    This issue was created by: @Courtneyyy, @Lady_Hestia, @Midnight_Galaxy , and @junelawnchaired

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  2. Pmx728

Pmx728 Legendary Meeper

!!

Courtneyyy and SpongeyStar like this.
  3. Niiicck

Niiicck Retired SuperMod

Polar bears!! :eek:

~Peper~, Courtneyyy and SpongeyStar like this.
  4. SpongeyStar

SpongeyStar Professor in Wumbology

Ahhhh so excited for new Spawn

Yet again, great editionoooo!

5. Midnight_Galaxy

Midnight_Galaxy ✧゚・:*Forever Reading *:・゚✧

Looks great :D

~Peper~, Courtneyyy and SpongeyStar like this.
  6. FatIsNoob

FatIsNoob Celebrity Meeper

Lookin' good :) Excited for the new spawn and hopefully Meep will continue to grow again :)

I love y'all <3

7. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Haha, good that this is back on schedule, and what a pleasure it was doing that interview. Great work as always!

Lady_Hestia, ~Peper~ and Courtneyyy like this.
  8. zsuzsu1

zsuzsu1 Popular Meeper

it takes me to a youtube vid lmao

Dockson likes this.
  9. Midnight_Galaxy

Midnight_Galaxy ✧゚・:*Forever Reading *:・゚✧

10. Courtneyyy

Fixed

11. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

Great edition!

Bluapol and Courtneyyy like this.
  12. Wiggle_Waggle

Wiggle_Waggle Popular Meeper

nice shoutout to yourself lol @Courtneyyy

Courtneyyy likes this.
  13. Courtneyyy

We make this as a team so it's a copy and paste kinda thang!

Pmx728, Photoave12 and Dockson like this.
  14. Wiggle_Waggle

Wiggle_Waggle Popular Meeper

15. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Ah, memories. I better go get my necromancer suit now.