1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

The Elder Scrolls: Online

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by lanekids40, May 18, 2018.

1. lanekids40

lanekids40 Popular Meeper

(idea comes from here: Skyrim Fans Allowed )

In 2007 I bought the critically acclaimed game made by Bethesda Game studios and published by Bethesda Softworks, a Zinimax media company (fyi BGS is not BS) :

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

For its time, this game was the future! The cutting edge of tech! At the time, everyone was wondering "how will they be able to surpass this?" with TES 3: Morrowind having been released in 2002, and the highest selling game for the xbox, followed up 4 years later with the most beautiful work of art with voice actors such as Patrick Stewart (as the Emperor, Uriel Septim III), and music from Jeremy Soule, who is widely claimed to be the John Williams of video games. Yet somehow, they did it. With the release of:

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

This game was revolutionary in 2011 and it is still relevant today! TES V is set 200 years after the events in Oblivion and it is clear that the end of the Septim line of emperors (the last being Martin Septim), and the hero of Kevatch (player), becoming the new Sheogorath (the Daedric Prince of Madness), and the disappearance of the Nerevarine, the empire was in shambles, they had lost a war against the Third Aldmeri Dominion and the worship of Talos (the divine name of Tiber Septim) banned. Yet again "nothing but TES VI!"

And again, in 2012,

The Elder Scrolls: Online was announced at E3

The events in this game takes you back 1000 years before the events of skyrim, into the second era.
    despite its name, ESO is not made by BGS, however it is made by Zinimax Online Studios.
    this game will (aim) to allow you to explore the entire continent of Tamriel.

you may wonder what This is all about.
    well primarily it is a very brief description with some backstory.
    Me and a friend both have ESO and we greatly enjoy it as we can play together.
    we are also looking for more guild members, as with more members, more perks are unlocked.

If you have a Mac or Windows computer, and you are a fan of the elder scrolls, I highly recommend that you get this game and play with us!
    however you can also use this thread as a jumping point if you want to get into The Elder Scrolls franchise.

SuperDyl likes this.
  2. J055Y_

J055Y_ Celebrity Meeper

I have considered buying ESO, but I stayed away after a friend of mine said it was awful. I'll have a read into some detailed reviews and maybe get it. We'll see.

3. GroovyGrevous

GroovyGrevous Break hearts not blocks

I mean I said the game was bad but if you've got someone to play with its not bad at all

4. lanekids40

5. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

I like to play it solo. Its a really pretty game. but please don't buy it if you eant it to be like the previous TES ganes, or if you think itll be like sny other fantasy RPG, because it is unique.

BlackJack, GroovyGrevous and Lilliya like this.
  6. Lovexender

Lovexender Meeper

So I’ve been looking into it and it looks really fun! It just looks like the quests are dull and there isn’t much to do. Sorry if this is a late post :p

7. lanekids40

alone the game is kinda boring and the ui shares the same level aids as the console oblivion ui. but you get used to it

8. missy1480

missy1480 Celebrity Meeper

ESO Takes place 2e 583, tiber septim was born 2e 830 the best emperor dynasty ever jkjk tho the best game ever not graphic wise is in 3e 433 Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion... I loved the story to death

Kling likes this.
  9. lanekids40

damn someone else who has played oblivion!

10. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

Many people have played oblivion?

BlackJack likes this.