1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Thank you, MeepCraft

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Sarge926, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Sarge926

Sarge926 Celebrity Meeper

September 2012

The month I joined Meepcraft. I was 13 years old. Just a kid, having fun playing minecraft, using my own mind to explore and to satisfy. Building and constructing houses. Learning the ways of the trade. Attempting to master the art of PVPing. Every single day. After school, I would rush home to check all of my farms, my grinders, and how our town was holding up. It was a routine.

May I add, the group of players I grew up with in the 2012-2013 meepcraft community had similar routines. We all loved it. (If you are my friend, you know exactly what I'm talking about;))

Back then, I was also notoriously known to PVP. A lot. I would attempt to kill every single player until I was rewarded their own head; forming allies, Clockwork...all that jazz.

But then MeepNetworks came about...I received my Ultimate rank from Cooleysworld for 40 million meebles...I believe. One month before the reset. I really lucked out, but I still feel bad for Cooleys. During the reset, I was taking a 1 month vacation. When I came back, I was dumbfounded. But my motivation didn't stop me. I kept playing after the reset. But this time around, it was different. Many of the easy ways of making money were removed. (/jobs) But there was a brand new way of making money...zombie pigman farms. I remember attempting to make a 32 chunk zombie pigman farm, but it never got finished. I wish I still had pictures of it. I lost motivation in the process. I decided to take a break from meepcraft.

After a couple of months. I tried to rejoin. "banned for duping". I did indeed ask for proof of me duping, and indeed it was given: After I lost my motivation, I was messing around, taking a scroll through possible glitches and exploits. I saw that there was one that worked on many servers, so I attempted to do it with dirt. It failed. However, that simple action dismantled my clean record, my perfect reputation...I was extremely disheartened. Not at the fact that I attempted to dupe, but by the fact that people believed that I was doing it for wealth; people obviously wouldn't believe me if I said "I was only testing if it worked, if it did I was going to report it". But it is what it is; if you don't know about how a person truly acts, you should never completely trust them. I accepted the facts, since I had already lost motivation with meep.

End of 2014:

6 months passed. I decided to check up on meep again. Wrote a simple ban appeal, immediately accepted. I was delighted. I began to play again semi-actively. But this time around. There was something missing. It just didn't feel as fun as it used to. Those "good days" were over. I attempted to keep branding meepcraft to my thoughts; trying to find this lost motivation. Fuzzlr came around and asked me if I could help with making the beta of the Creative World. I joyously accepted to help. Building on those plots gave me some inspiration to keep going, but it was only temporary inspiration. After I finished, my discouraged self returned. "What else is there to do?"

For the rest of that month, I decided I was going to move to video production and video editing. I tried to make a trailer of the new spawn. My motivation spiked once again...

January 2015:

After I made the trailer, my inspiration ceased once again. I began to play minigames, participating in "meep harmony", debates, etc. Just things to get me through time. Nothing special. Eventually, I gave up and became very inactive once again. I gave all my items away, gave all my profit to mylucky7...I'm sure he used it for the greater good. For the rest of the year I was off and on. Saying "hi" now and then. Lingering in the depths of the lost.

June 2016:

And here we are. Me telling you my journey. And looking at whats happened with Meepcraft getting blackmailed by the EULA, I see things as getting more and more hopeless. It's quite mournful. But here's what I portray from it:

Meepcraft was created back in 2012. That's over 4 years. Eventually, it's going to become boring. Try to play an Xbox/PS4 game for 4 years straight; you will be sick of it! So what do they do? They make a new game! Reset the server, make a few critical changes/updates, restart the process! I view this as the easiest way to revive meep. This is easy to say, and probably not too difficult to do. But will it happen? Probably not.

Meep has gone through numerous phases, changes, updates, downgrades, patches, and people. The people who are the "core" of the server have been around for a very long time...and they are surely not motivated enough to do such a task. Is this a bash on them? No, any person would feel the same exact way after so long. It just gets old. The nostalgic feeling will never come back to the presence. Eventually, the server is let to slowly rot, like a tree. And the new EULA is the chainsaw to the tree...or what's left of it. And the people that are watering the tree have stopped; they've been given new priorities, new jobs, new hobbies. The hopeless tree is doomed to fall. But then again, it's just a tree, isn't it?

Though my example I provided may be a little extreme, it indeed is similar to what's happening. Much of this community is gone. But there are still a select few that keep helping the server; watering the tree...they are destined to go down with the tree...they will not accept their fate. And that is good! It will keep the server up longer, and something good may possibly happen that could sprout revival across this "tree". Respect to those people that still stand by the server to this day.

However, I do not see much hope anymore in Meepcraft. I've been here from the beginning, but I've never seen anything like how ghostly the community is like today. Compared to a year ago, Meepcraft is a ghost town. It breaks my heart. But we all have to move on. Part of my motivation loss is the fact that I have new challenges that I face: Getting a great ACT/SAT score, getting good grades, facing 6 AP classes, boosting my QPA, and now I will be applying to colleges. I'm not 13 years old anymore.

Times change, so do people

But...I am very happy of what Meepcraft has given to me. It's been a large stepping stone for me. But more stepping stones await ahead in my life, as they do for everyone. I was even was debating on whether I should even be writing a final thread..."is it even worth it?" But, from all the time I've spent in the past, I concluded that I should at least give condolences. I will never forget this server, how it has brought me through hard times, how it was once a critical point of my life, my childhood. I will remember all of my meep friends. I'm grateful to have been blessed with such a healthy yet strategic and competitive environment known as Meepcraft.

It's been real

Good luck to you, your future, and new challenges that you face in your life.

Let your motivation fuel you through hard times, and success will be just around the corner.

Thanks for everything

Best Regards,

~Sarge926

Qaztar, Lady_Hestia, Jwarian and 30 others like this.
  2. Pmx728

Pmx728 Legendary Meeper

I love your story, but what would be the point of resetting. Many people will quit, because their towns and stuff got wiped. Meep would most likely re-implement the same games and towny. In my opinion a reset would ruin the server at the moment, due to lack of players. Also if they do reset, what do you want them to add instead?

Hyori, Lakirias48 and KaiUsesThis like this.
  3. LIAHKIM55

LIAHKIM55 Popular Meeper

good story, but I do NOT, I repeat do NOT want a reset.

4. Marshy_88

Marshy_88 Celebrity Meeper

If there is a freaking reset. . .

Lakirias48 likes this.
  5. Bob4444444

Bob4444444 Celebrity Meeper

This guy makes such a heartfelt post about is incredible journey on Meepcraft, and all you guys care about is not having your worthless meebles and items taken away from you? Just get off the thread.

Sarge, I feel you entirely. I feel like I'm the exact same besides the fact I started at a later time than you. I invested the better part of 2~ years here, but now I've lost inspiration and motivation. I'll always have an attachment to the server, and it sucks to see it like this. But it really is dying, and even though some of it is Meep's fault, the EULA and the game itself is making a huge impact too. Minecraft is decaying in general, and it's sad to see this happening. I wish all the best for you, and I really liked your post. :)

6. Redolwolf

Redolwolf Popular Meeper

There's really not much that can be done.
    There's was a loss of interest in towny servers years ago. Everyone went onto pvp and mini games. I mean, Meep tried minigames but for some reason we decided to have multiple mini games, a huge spawn and all of them end up being empty. I don't know why this happened, sure if the server got bigger, add more but there's not enough people logging on to fill these empty world's. Really all the mini games should just have been put into one separate world which players go into and everyone in the lobby can vote which mini game to play. Then there would actually be people to play with.

But not only was there a loss of interest in towny, just Minecraft in general is getting old.

Lakirias48, SX1 and Pmx728 like this.
  7. alex77034

alex77034 Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'

Your story was totally heart warming, and I could relate to the joy I had experienced a few years ago. I've seen many people come and go, I've seen the ups and downs made, and I could always see the community standing right behind me, supportive like a friend. I haven't always been happy nor have I always been willing to go on with my life. The friends and people I've met really helped me through everything, and always gave me a laugh or too. Its hard to face, but everything has a beginning and end; luckily there are memories that remind us of the great times we've have experienced. I'm not ready to leave meep quite yet, but when I do, I totally won't forget about the fun ride I've riden on.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
    Lakirias48 likes this.
  8. PuckMiner

PuckMiner Celebrity Meeper

It's kind of the neat the way we all started as little kids and now look at us. Peace out bro

9. SX1

SX1 Celebrity Meeper

The only reason I logged into Meepcraft was because of the prison server where I was a warden was shutdown. (I think it's came back, then got shutdown again) I was hoping to find the community like the prison server, but instead, I found an even better community. I've met some friends like @Netrarc, who showed me how to get around the server before he became staff, he motivated me to work really hard to make 1M for VIP to join his town (which was ranked only btw.) Once I became VIP I met @TNT404 who happened to notice I was a Jolteon at the time. I never knew I could find someone who loved Eeveelutions just as much as me <3. Then came GeneralFritz, who became the first meeper ever to get my phone number, and we started talking outside of MC. Then I met a lot more people and had the courage to make a forums account. I still remember the first 2 elites who talked to me, regardless if I was ranked or not, being Purealizer & Novaclassic. (I miss you guys ;-; )

My favorite memory having @7acespade watch me battle TNT404 with a snorelax with the move thunder. He was so mad at me that I obtained a snorehax medal that basically told me I was the worst pokemon trainer ever.

Oh gosh, I remember back then supplying you with a bunch of obsidian from my business. To bad those got nerfed when you were building it ;-;
    Thanks for reminding me why I never enter the Terrarium... You guys were the reason why I became a str 2 + iron sword noob.

Yeah, Minecraft itself is dying. With VR + PS4 / Xbone upgrades and NX coming out soon, also newer games coming out, Minecraft will is going to slowly die out and will be one of those gems that we'll tell our children. I think I am going to be like my father when I'm older, who explains why Dig Dug is the best game ever made and that it was truly a gem of his time, except mine would be Minecraft.

10. 00000

00000 Guest

Minecraft is dying, and with it, MeepCraft. It's a game that I regrettably spent the majority of my rememberable childhood with/on. Why regrettable? Hopefully, I can explain that. I just got another warning point (that's number fifty), and to be honest, I have no idea what it was for (Inappropriate Content on my profile), and I really don't care. However, that's not at all to say I hate the server. That's...definitely not it. I wish I had never discovered Minecraft, or video gaming, as a whole. It's simply a waste of time with barely any redeeming qualities you can't find in other, more wholesome/worthwhile things. I'm not TheFurtiveDude or whoever was campaigning to get people off Minecraft and outside (or something along those lines), but MeepCraft filled a hole for me that really should have been filled differently. I'll explain, hopefully this doesn't get too long.

It was around July 2012 that I first discovered MeepCraft. I had been playing Minecraft for a bit now, but not as vigorously as would be later. I really liked the server and its community, but for some reason, I didn't get involved and played minigames, to the point where people essentially remember me at the earliest in January 2013. That was when I began doing Towny and that kind of stuff, and playing often (hours a day). It was quite fun, but also extremely addictive, a quality that Minecraft has completely lost over me a few times nowadays, but regained for very short periods of time. I really got into the game in MeepNetworks (with a lapse in activity from February to April 2013), where I'd regularly stay up for several hours at night. I must have pulled one or two alnighters; I don't think I really want to know how many. I made a lot of friends, actually, considering my snappy, nitpicking, and unforgiving/unwelcoming attitude. I have no idea why I hadn't become universally hated by then, but I had people who liked me and whom I played with. Not that I lacked any in real life, simply that it was nice playing. The sandbox aspect of the game, when combined with the sense of community that was provided by MeepCraft, was an extremely strong glue keeping me on.

It must have been around September of that year that I lost access to my IG, forum, and whatever else accounts. Posts were made from my account(s) that I didn't make. I apologized for that as if it had been me; nobody remembers it today. I think it was something about someone being deaf on a staff application. Either way, I don't believe any documentation of it survives today, so we'll just keep on. It wasn't really that big of a deal. I kept playing MeepCraft, and was an active member in the "New Meep" era (I was actually 97th on the forums, but an account merger nullified my registration number. It still shows "Joined: Jul 13, 2013" on my account, however, a day or so after the recreation of MeepCraft.

I don't know when it was that I lost interest in Minecraft. I don't think it was for a while through 2014, but I eventually began to escape from the game's addictive clutch (dramatic, I know). I still was active on the forums, but became more hated (understandably) for my toxicity. You might think I'm a little mean now, and I would be inclined not to disagree, but it was blatant disrespect and harassment for most people. Name-calling and ruthless grammar correcting were two of the reasons of my infamy, although I'm absolutely sure there were more. Nowadays, I'm wishing I could start over, but it really doesn't matter now. I'll deal with my choices.

2014 and 2015 brought optimism for MeepCraft's future (the game was still somewhat popular, if I remember all this correctly). We actually had 700-800 players on simultaneously, not far at all from our all-time high of more than 1000 (no idea what the exact number was). I wasn't as active, obviously, but my forums activity worsened yet still, before halting at a pretty bad toxic point. I went through most of 2015 adding nothing to the community before being banned around three-quarters into the year. I was never banned in-game, as I had not been actively playing Minecraft except for some highly active spurts (of a few days to a couple weeks), à la summer 2013. Not that I bothered to check either forums or in-game (the former of which I could still access as a guest and find out what was happening). I made a few ban appeals, all answered with "you're never coming back" or "you were dreadful, go away". Harsh, but most definitely not undeserved. I was unbanned and had a bit longer spurt of activity before leaving IG and being active on forums, like I am now. I still have no plans to return in-game (not that anyone misses me), and with the player count dwindling, I begin to feel pity for the staff and people who have devoted so much time to this server. Minecraft is just...not it anymore.

That's my MeepCraft life story. How does this tie in to my dislike for Minecraft? I was addicted and spending hours of my time on a Minecraft server, when I could easily have been doing something more productive (the eternal nag from parents). It's honestly embarrassing that I spent so much time on such a thing, and made no regard to my studies or anything important. Is it Minecraft's fault? No, it's mine, but if I had never encountered video games, I salivate at what I could be doing right now. Hint: it's not writing a stupid essay for people on MeepCraft to read. Oh, well. The friends that I made here are nice people, and they surely do make me happy, but they aren't really going to be there for me in real life in most cases. I should have been out contributing to my future. Instead, I set myself back.(Perhaps some of you guys might be. I think it's partly my fault for barely using my Skype anymore. I appreciate all of you regardless.) I gained nothing from playing, simply wasted time. I am getting my life back on track. Hopefully, whoever's reading is alright too.

Thanks for reading my insight. Feel free to let me know what you think/post on my profile/send me a conversation if you want to know more or talk to me.

11. Fangdragon1998

Fangdragon1998 Queen of the Nubs, La Elite Dragoness, Kæri On!

Oh, insight walls? I'm just gonna leave a short quip 'cause it's late.

Meepcraft actually changed my life. I would never known the joy that friends, real friends, who care about you even across the world, bring to peoples' lives. I would never have learned how to relax, calm down, and have fun, without worrying about "contributing to my future." And yet, it has. As dumb as it sounds, it taught me the meaning of people (who I used to believe were worthless unless they served a purpose for me), friends (who I used to think didn't actually care), and playing (I was a workaholic, to the extreme).
    I hate remembering things, because it reminds me of what I lost. But I hope that, regardless if Meep dramatically crashes, burns, and fails, I will have those who I've made close friends with to continue to change the rest of my life for the better.

12. WeAreNumberUno

WeAreNumberUno Celebrity Meeper

Meep is my safe haven, I can always get on and have fun, the fun never runs out for me, also, i'm sure meep will make a recovery, just be optimistic.

Lakirias48 and CluelessKlutz like this.
  13. Sarge926

Sarge926 Celebrity Meeper

You've been a member of Meepcraft since November 2015...I'm assuming you joined this server around then as well. Not bashing you at all, but when I was around 7 months after I joined MeepCraft, I too felt the same way. But after 4 years, my thoughts have changed. Time is always a factor. I really wish I still had this "optimism" you currently have about Meep. I admire it.

Lakirias48 likes this.
  14. WeAreNumberUno

WeAreNumberUno Celebrity Meeper

hey, technically I was playing on the halo server that meep bought for a really long time.

Lakirias48 and Sarge926 like this.
  15. DiamondBoy

DiamondBoy Celebrity Meeper

I loved your story Sarge. You were always such a nice addition to the server, and though we never talked to much, I had respect for you then, and will continue to. As for Meep, I too have stopped "watering the tree." I've seemingly given up on trying to have fun on a server without people, or a community for that matter. I've accepted that Meep will never go back to it's 2012 charm and glory, and am thus releasing it. Not negatively, I mean passively, in the sense that whatever happens to the server happens, and I'll be okay with it.

Thank you Sarge for being awesome :) You are truly one of the best Meepers. Have a wonderful life.

Lakirias48 and Sarge926 like this.
  16. Mylucky7

Mylucky7 Celebrity Meeper

what a nice man

Sarge926 likes this.