1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Temporarily Close the Helper Applications

Discussion in 'Denied' started by lollisweet101, May 1, 2018.

?

What do you think?

1. Meep should make a larger effort towards encouraging players to apply for non-moderation staff roles

63.2%
  2. Meep should stay the same. If people want helper, why not let them apply?

36.8%
  1. lollisweet101

lollisweet101 Celebrity Meeper

Meepcraft is in need for more Medias, Techs, and Architects. In fact we only have 1 media, 2 techs, and 1 architect. I find it troubling that there are helper applications still being submitted even though almost half of daily the player count are moderation staff members. *This is not to hurt anyone, I know that there are people who have dreams of applying, as well as hard working moderation staff that are doing a good job. In total, there are 17 Helpers, Mods, and SMods, and 9 of them are helpers.
    ---
    In my opinion, I don't think we need over 17+ staff members on a 40 playerbase. Meep is in desperate need for non-moderation staff and should make positive efforts towards advertising and exposing players to the possibility of applying for Tech, Media, and Architect. This can be done by having timed messages in-game, encouraging players, showcasing the non-moderation staff roles and possibly hold events to promote these non-moderation staff roles.

I know not everyone is capable of recording high quality videos, or coding, or building, but Meepcraft should still encourage people to apply for these non-moderation staff roles.

Last edited: May 1, 2018
  2. CryogenicNewt05

CryogenicNewt05 Popular Meeper

Most likely people are just power hungry but they can simply make towns, being a mayor of a town I have plenty of power.

3. CasualNuker

CasualNuker Celebrity Meeper

I think that Media’s and Arch’s and techs are in need of dire help which is why I say +1

lollisweet101 likes this.
  4. Courtneyyy

Courtneyyy Admin Princess Staff Member Helper Media Elder

Media and Arch's are pretty much the only ones who need the most help. With ComDev we aren't really in dire need of techs which most people don't see those people with a rank besides on discord.

We always encourage people with the ability to make videos or build to please apply! Love this suggestion though, as it has been something we've done in the past I don't know why it has stopped. We used to close them monthly and open them up for a week or so out of the month. +1

Zesk, GroovyGrevous, Pmx728 and 2 others like this.
  5. lanekids40

lanekids40 Popular Meeper

+1 this seems like another hair brained scheme but its actually a legit suggestion so +1

6. Summers

Summers Hot Meeper

I think we should make everyone a staff member so then no one will ever break the rules because staff never break rules ever.

7. twomoo1119

twomoo1119 Celebrity Meeper

I know of someone applying for tech in a month or two (not saying who)

+1 still

8. EnergyAssassin

EnergyAssassin nerd Staff Member Administrator

We could use more ComDevs though.

BooBear1227, Pmx728, riri30 and 2 others like this.
  9. lanekids40

lanekids40 Popular Meeper

+1

10. FamousZAmos

FamousZAmos Popular Meeper

We don't need large amounts of useless specialized staff, we need a couple dedicated medias / architects, not just fellas who want it for the popularity.

11. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

That's a statement I agree with. +1

FamousZAmos likes this.
  12. Kling

If people believe they are talented enough and want to dedicate time they will apply. Since there isn't any apps up for those roles it speaks for itself really. Closing moderation applications won't change their decision on applying for other roles.

13. CasualNuker

CasualNuker Celebrity Meeper

I’m applying for arch tomorrow I already have been working on my app since last week

lollisweet101 likes this.
  14. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

If someone wants to be a staff member so desperately that they apply for arch or media rather than helper purely bc helper is not available at the moment they don't need to be a staff member
    nothing is wrong with the current system

15. alex77034

alex77034 Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'

I agree with the second half of what you said. A lot of staff members claim that “the more helpers the better!” but I think that attitude is flawed. Although there are many things that helpers can do and help with, there is an obvious limit. Moderation staff need to have different timezones which is a known fact, so that 6 don’t clump into one. Moderation aside, I don’t think there is any project that calls for 17 moderation staff on deck and I think some may not serve as much significance as others. Some may feel left out because there isn’t a lot they can actively participare in too. I hope more people apply for architect, tech, and media because they have the biggest affect on the server, no questions asked.

That being said, I don’t think helper applications should be closed. I just hope more people are called to volunteer for the positions that would benefit meepcraft the most right now.

16. Kling

Could I switch my rank to superarch please sir?

EnergyAssassin likes this.
  17. DarkKnight49x

DarkKnight49x ⏦ ❀ The True Dark Knight ❀ ⏦

me two

Kling and GroovyGrevous like this.
  18. alex77034

alex77034 Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'

???

19. agnd

agnd is a steely-eyed missile man

+/- We do need more techs, medias, and arches, but how exactly will closing helper applications do that, unless somebody who would have applied for helper could also be a good tech, media, or arch and applies as one of those instead.
    Applying for tech/arch/media should be more encouraged, but helper applications should not be completely closed.

Last edited: May 4, 2018
  20. Sqreix

Sqreix Celebrity Meeper

What they should do is encourage people to apply for Media, Tech or Architect. However, they can't just carelessly let incompetent people in.

The most important thing we should do as a community right now is to advertise the server. Start by personally inviting your friends and the list would go on. Friends of your friends would eventually be able to come online and see the things MeepCraft can offer to people. If you are a well-known person in a certain platform (YouTube, Twitch, Social Medias), you should as well plug MeepCraft so that it garners the attention it deserves. Then, if we get enough people, we would not have to block a system temporarily just for MeepCraft to be better.

There is no point in adding things that isn't needed in the server right now, advertising and fixing internal issues such as bugs, conflicts, etc., should be the main objective.

lanekids40 likes this.