1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Tech Application from Oswin

Discussion in 'Denied' started by KyloMeep, Oct 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KyloMeep

KyloMeep Mipha's Grace

Member Name Oswin

Additional In Game Names: KyloMeep

How old are you? 19

Do you have Discord? Oswin#6030

How many hours per day do you spend on Meepcraft? (average) 2

Have you ever been a Tech on a different server? I currently run a network yes

References: Please give IGN's Adam34Falcon
    (Others from my server)

Introduction: Good afternoon. I'm James or most people know me as KyloMeep. I've been around on Meepcraft since 2012 and I currently study Computer Science with AI at university.
    I’ve previously spent a lot of time on the server helping and running towns in the past. For example, I helped out with New London and ran Dubai in Gamma (the one with GMall). I’ve played on the server since the old days in 2012 and have loved playing on the server and interacting with the community since.
    I like to spend my time travelling around the UK, visiting new cities and seeing new sights. My next trip will be to Durham to check out the cool Castle and Cathedral that sit on the hill there.

Please describe your experience as a developer. I have managed to make and help out on many different Minecraft servers in my time. I currently have a network of multiple servers that work perfectly together. I have hours of knowledge of the backend of servers and I can create a Bungee network in a few hours with everything a server would need.
    I'd be willing to bring my skills to Meepcraft.
    I completed a course in college on how to code and the back end of Networks also which I could put to use.

What programming languages are you familiar with? HTML
    CSS
    Java Script
    Java
    C#
    Python <-- lol
    (I know the languages but I'm a bit shady on them. I'm willing to learn however)

What are you most proud of as your work as a developer? My current network. 5 gamemodes all working perfectly and cross server bungee chat, and a full working Towny server. This is all stuff that I would love to do on Meep as it is genuienly a server that I care about and I want to get it succeeding again.

How do you plan to enrich the experience of MeepCraft with your development contributions? I have a full list of things I would love to change on Meepcraft.
    Update the server to a Bungee style network and finally move away from Lilypad which has plagued Meep for the longest time.
    Getting the server on Bungee means that the server would be free and open to the large variety of plugins that support Bungee out there and also would allow Meep to move more freely into the future (and finally away from 1.12.2 which it currently is at).
    Update the economy to 1.16.3 and have a new Towns world and Resource world to fit the update. Bring in some custom items and features and make the server work with no bugs either.
    I would also bring over some new gamemode ideas and potentially some assets from my current server to help boost Meep.
    There are many things I would change to help bring back Meep to what it once was and improve the player experience of everyone who joins.

Do you have a GitHub account or personal website? If so, please provide the link(s) here. If you require access to my server, message me on Discord and we'll have a chat.

2. Adam34falcon

Adam34falcon Celebrity Meeper

+1 Chef Mic is cooking me a meal

KyloMeep likes this.
  3. KyloMeep

KyloMeep Mipha's Grace

[​IMG]

Adam34falcon likes this.
  4. EnergyAssassin

EnergyAssassin nerd Staff Member Administrator

Thanks for applying! We do require Techs do ComDev before they apply. We now have the Trial Tech role, we'd love to accept more Techs because of this. Message me on Discord Jack#6085 if you have any questions, otherwise join ComDev in my signature! Please don't be discouraged by redirecting you to ComDev, it's awesome that you have a network running. Also just so you know, it really helps to have code in your application!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.