1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Tech Application from lordusan

Discussion in 'Denied' started by lordusan, Apr 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordusan

lordusan The true #DarkKnight

Member Name lordusan

Additional In Game Names: None

How old are you? 18 in a couple weeks

Do you have Discord? Yes

How many hours per day do you spend on Meepcraft? (average) 1-3 weekdays, 2-4 weekends

Have you ever been a Tech on a different server? Yes, previously

References: Please give IGN's Lady_Hestia

Introduction: Hi everyone, I'm Lordusan. Many of you guys have seen me in game more recently these past several weeks, and it sure is good to be back! I am currently a high school senior, aspiring to study some form of engineering or computer science at MIT or Stanford next year.

I'm currently the president of the tech club at my school, along with being the founder of the robotics club. I have performed research for four years, in the field of materials science, and my work is patent pending, and has been awarded by several national/international competitions.

I've taken quite a long break from Meepcraft, and having returned, I realized that my work as a developer could definitely be beneficial to the server (I'll explain more previous experience below). Of course, I'd love to address my previous experience and the end of it, as a developer for Meepcraft over here. As a tech, I worked on a lot of small projects, but I was also invested in helping a friend start his server. As the administration felt as though my work was possibly infringing on the security of Meepcraft, I was asked to make a choice and decided to stay with my friend. Beyond that, I ended up discussing that alternate server with some of my friends which resulted in my advertisement ban.

I have, however, moved well past this disagreement, and hope the administration has as well. My integrity remains strong, and my dedication remains with the server I have been with for years, Meepcraft.

Please describe your experience as a developer. I have had much experience as a developer. Primarily, I have been, for several years now, the lead developer on the robotics team, writing code in Java (Android really). Furthermore, I have participated in several hackathons, and have actually won two of them. I am actually bringing my own hackathon to my high school this year.

More as development experience regarding bukkit/minecraft servers, I began using the Bukkit API in early 2015, when I wanted to become a developer for this server. As I continued using it, I have ended up programming for over 10 different servers, Meepcraft included.

What programming languages are you familiar with? Java, C++, Javascript (and Node), Python.

Also familiar with bash, and SQL, and attempting to learn some Go.

What are you most proud of as your work as a developer? I'm most proud of my work which I performed at a hackathon of mine, an app known as ONEHUNDRED%. The app essentially tracks people's running and donates money to charity based on how many miles they run (a bit similar to Charity Miles, if you've heard of that). The only catch is, if you fail to follow your workout plan, it charges the user!

How do you plan to enrich the experience of MeepCraft with your development contributions? I feel as though I can strongly contribute to the Meep development team due to my hard work ethics, my desire for things to be done on time, and well, and most importantly because of my dedication to the server. Understandably, the server has a lot of things on the to-do list, and I'd love to help start cranking out the bugs, and implementing newer plugins. Although this application may seem slightly premature, as I have just returned from a long break from Meep, I feel as though this will not at all hinder my ability to perform. I also have experience with the plugins of Meep, and already know my way around most of the existing plugins, allowing me to easily work with them. I really hope I can get another chance with the dev team, and be on the forefront of the server's growth!

Do you have a GitHub account or personal website? If so, please provide the link(s) here. www.github.com/jsutaria

Willing to answer all questions! Thanks, Lordusan

Vexmae likes this.
  2. LordInateur

LordInateur Deus Ex Machina Staff Member Administrator

We can bring you on as a ComDev member if you want (I know you and I had talked about it earlier). I think we (as staff members) would like to see how that works out before an elevation to a staff position. I'll reach out to you soon.

Pmx728, smk, Courtneyyy and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.