1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Tech Application from lordusan

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by lordusan, Mar 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordusan

lordusan The true #DarkKnight

Member Name lordusan

Additional In Game Names: Peris

How old are you? 15

Do you have Teamspeak? Yes

How many hours per day do you spend on Meepcraft? (average) 2-5

Have you ever been a Tech on a different server? Yes

References: Please give IGN's 2004grevous (or current username), Cookieman513, LadyCassandra, Dia34landingXD, Periheika (BluChuPikaBoo), _Versus, iMelxp, Jess_4ds, oKlingo, Junelawnchair, cooey3, Duckeh_thefox, xChaosZerox, Adlovesdogs, _Piro_, Boobear1227, Mazipuffles, CasualCaviar

Introduction: Hello! My name is Jainil and I am a sophomore at a public high school. I participate in many different school clubs and activities, and love to work with anything involving computers. Many of you know me from my previous experience as a server helper and moderator, and know that I am a complete nerd. Fairly recently, I was accepted into the prestigious Columbia Science Honors program, which allows a select number of participants to take specialized courses with professors of the university. I have also participated with a FIRST Lego League team, and as the head programmer, my team placed first in the North American Open Championship Tournament. Since, I have founded a FIRST Tech Challenge team, which, unlike using Mindstorms to program the FLL robots, uses Java to program a robot to complete a set of given tasks. As a rookie team, we were able to reach the Super-Regional or National level tournament, of which only 4 of the 200 or so teams qualified for in my region. I also enjoy working on projects out of robotics. A couple years ago, my parents purchased me an Arduino. Although playing around with it to make 'cool' lighting displays sounds fun, my experience with programming and idea development allowed me to take it one step further and help my school’s NYS Final Four Volleyball team their practicing, in a project I am currently working on to make a smart volleyball by tracking spin, acceleration and force. A short video that gives much more insight into who I am can be found here: .

Please describe your experience as a developer. Although I have do not have much experience as a developer, I still believe that with the work that I have already done, as well as some learning, I could be a useful asset to the MeepCraft Tech team. Though I do have Java background, I began programming minecraft plugins since fairly recently. I aided a new server by helping establish a basis for their ranking system, to implement different perks plugins as well as adding other fun ideas. More of my work comes from non individual and team projects, which include developing methods of aiding people in daily situations. For example, with my First Lego League team, I created a website known as Lab Share which allowed for the multitude of unused lab equipment found in many companies to be connected and delivered to local schools who were in need of the equipment. Also, as an avid cross country runner, I developed (and am developing) an Android app, known as ONEHUNDRED%, which allows for users to set daily and weekly running goals for themselves. Similar to Charity Miles, if the user runs, money is donated to the charity as users run, and the more a user runs, more money is donated to a charity. However, because money can not be grown on trees (unfortunately), implemented in this app is a clever method to both help those in need as well as give a boost to runners. If one does not reach their daily or weekly goal, they have to pay a fine, which get stored in a bank and eventually paid off to charities. This project, in which a prototyped version was completed within 8 hours, placed 2nd at the Annual HackTrin at the Trinity School in New York City.

What programming languages are you familiar with? Although I may be young, I am very familiar with many different programming languages. I began venturing into programming as a 6th grader, intrigued by the word itself. I started off delving into Python, unknowing that it would be very difficult. After working on developing some skill in the language, I eventually gave up after the course reached Object Oriented coding. My poor 12 year old mind could not handle the horrors. Soon, after working a bit with Scratch, I worked on Markup Languages and Javascript/Bootstrap. After getting bored of making the same types of websites again and learning some other languages along the way (Like C/C++ for the Arduino), I finally came to Java. Although I am slightly rusty on some languages, I truly believe experience is the driving force of knowledge.

What are you most proud of as your work as a developer? As a developer I am most proud of the ONEHUNDRED% app which I created for the 2016 Annual HackTrin. As described above this Android app was meant to help people get in shape as well as donate money to charities. Chosen by the founders of several different start up companies, it was truly an honor to receive this recognition. As stated in our demonstration of the app: “It is January 31st, and I am proud to announce that I broke my New Year's Resolution 30 days ago”. Especially because of the applicability and importance of the project, which is to promote running, and help people stick to their goals, something I find very important, Other awards I have received in programming includes a Third and Fifth Place medal at the Game On competition in Science Olympiad, which is a test of time in which a team of two has to make an innovative game from scratch within 50 minutes.

How do you plan to enrich the experience of MeepCraft with your development contributions? As a previous server moderator, I was able to see first hand the large issues that were constantly being posted on the staff slack, and understand that there are many daily issues that need to be resolved. I would love to help fix the broken plugins and believe that with my activity levels I would be able to nail things down fast. As the mayor of Paris in alpha, and as we are going through a major renovation, I understand that collaboration is a key factor to success. Together, with the help of staff and the help of the community, I believe we can bring great improvements to the server.

Do you have a GitHub account or personal website? If so, please provide the link(s) here. A link to my personal website can be found at jsutaria.github.io, and my github is github.com/jsutaria. I also occasionally project snapshots on twitter (@jainilsutaria1). Thank you very much for reading this application, and I hope you can give me feedback on places to improve myself!

2. SpongeyStar

SpongeyStar Professor in Wumbology

+1.
    You just have all the skill here, definitely deserve it and will do an amazing job!

lordusan likes this.
  3. GroovyGrevous

GroovyGrevous Break hearts not blocks

+1
    The server needs one more Tech and as you have been a part of the team before I know you can be trusted.
    I am sure you can handle the position well!
    Good luck:)

lordusan likes this.
  4. Bloopers

Bloopers Celebrity Meeper

you would have been the last person i thought to apply for tech! i had no idea you knew so much about that stuff. like grevous said you can be trusted and i think you'd do an awesome job. +1

SpongeyStar and lordusan like this.
  5. 2leah2

2leah2 Celebrity Meeper

Very trustable, kind and you are very familiar with a lot of things. We also need more Tech so i definitely think you'd be great. I've also seen you work as Tech on another server, and ya you're just very good and i'm glad you choose to apply. huge +1
    (nice video)

SpongeyStar and lordusan like this.
  6. _Smarties910_

_Smarties910_ Popular Meeper

+1, You're great.

lordusan likes this.
  7. fasehed

fasehed Celebrity Meeper

+1, also whats you PB for cubing, mines 35.36 seconds, I use the yuxin 3x3x3

lordusan likes this.
  8. Pmx728

Pmx728 Legendary Meeper

+1
    ~ Amazing application
    ~ Trustworthy
    ~ I have seen your work and it is impressive

lordusan likes this.
  9. _Gimble_1.

_Gimble_1. Popular Meeper

+1
    Lord, for all the time I have known you, I never knew that you were this talented! I believe that you have the right stuff to be a tech and I hope to see some of your work when I can come back online!

P.S. I'm a bit annoyed that you didn't put me in your reference list...

lordusan likes this.
  10. Inkfy

Inkfy Celebrity Meeper

+1 you are so good with this stuff! you can do it!

_Gimble_1. and lordusan like this.
  11. Shellcode

Shellcode Celebrity Meeper

Hi lordusan,

First of all this is a great application, it's well written and detailed. As a programmer myself i reviewed some of your code on Github and i have to say its well written you're clearly good at programming with Java which is important for the Tech position. One thing i would advise is that you get a Spigot server setup on your computer and build some Bukkit/Spigot plugins for your Github so everyone can see how you do programming against the Bukkit API. Overall the Bukkit API is easy to learn and understand and it most likely won't take you long to get very good at it.

Keep in mind that when programming in a production environment like Meepcraft code has to be written a little differently than when working on personal or school projects, it has to be written with the expectation that it will be broken but that's fairly easy to adapt to over time. A lot of the work that is needed within Meepcraft is more fixing things that have already been made than making new things so understanding complex projects, being able to debug them, finding specific problems, then patching said problems is an important skill, i would recommend taking a look at some large open source Bukkit plugins like Towny or Vault.

You seem knowledgeable in this field specifically working with Java and you have the potential to be an important asset to the Tech team.

+1

12. lordusan

lordusan The true #DarkKnight

Thank you!

Thanks, and I am not really sure haha.

Thanks!

Savage2017, Pmx728 and fasehed like this.
  13. iiTzJDL

iiTzJDL Legendary Meeper

+1 mainly because of the robots you shared with us on slack

But other than that your work is amazing.

lordusan and xXAdotXx like this.
  14. xXAdotXx

xXAdotXx Bibliophile Extraordinaire

+1!
    Lord you are so qualified for this. You are trustworthy and capable. What you showed in slack, my brain couldn't even keep up. Good luck :)

lordusan likes this.
  15. iMelXP

iMelXP bean team

you're hardworking, devoted, and honestly a genius. I have full faith in your ability to figure out anything thrown at you and am always looking forward to the remarkable things you develop. +1

lordusan likes this.
  16. Lord_Walrus

Lord_Walrus Popular Meeper

+1

Lordusan has the best problem solving skills I've ever seen. He is a kind person and lights up your life whenever you encounter him. Good luck.

lordusan likes this.
  17. MoonlitMadness

MoonlitMadness Celebrity Meeper

Lord i ve seen your Snapchats with your creations. Ik your qualified.

+1

lordusan likes this.
  18. PeriHeika

PeriHeika Celebrity Meeper

+You're mature and approachable. I don't find your attitude to be bad in any way, shape, or form.
    +Much nerd. Such wow. How many snapchats have you sent me of robots?
    +Whether Lordusan is skilled enough to be a developer or not, he's certainly eager to learn.
    +We need another tech, and another plus is your ability to be active
    +Is skilled at problem solving
    +You're going places kid.
    +1 for you

19. Qaztar

Qaztar Celebrity Meeper

100% Qualified and responsible. +1

lordusan likes this.
  20. Bluapol

Bluapol Media Team Meeper

Awesome!

+1 buddy :)