1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Best Posts in Thread: Tech Application from FatUnicornzz

1. FatUnicornzz

FatUnicornzz Popular Meeper

Member Name FatUnicornzz

Additional In Game Names: FatUnicornzz

How old are you? 18

Do you have Discord? neirbonhoj #8930

How many hours per day do you spend on Meepcraft? (average) 2-3

Have you ever been a Tech on a different server? 4-5

References: Please give IGN's LordInateur
    FangDragon1998

Introduction: Hello! My name is FatUnicornzz and I first played Meepcraft back in 2012 or 2013. For about a year played the server nonstop but since then my presence has been spotty; however, I've recently returned to the Meepcraft scene. Some of the server may remember me as a somewhat annoying kid but, as most people do, I have matured significantly since my time on Meepcraft and hope that has been represented in my behavior. I've always enjoyed playing on Meepcraft but I'd love to join the development team and improve the server in a way that can please current players and bring an influx of new ones.

Please describe your experience as a developer. I have been programming in Java and Python for about four years now, with both classroom and applied experience. Programming has been my passion and I will pursue computer science at college next year. I've been developing Bukkit plugins (privately) for about a month and a member of the Meepcraft ComDev program for a week. My work will debut on Meepcraft in the near future in the form of an efficient, robust plugin that will create new gameplay experiences. Before Minecraft, I spent about a year programming resources (plugins) for FiveM, a GTA V third party multiplayer framework and many of the concepts I learned there can be applied to Minecraft. Overall, I think I am qualified to serve as a Tech on the server and provide the quality plugins the server expects.

What programming languages are you familiar with? Java, Python, C#, Lua, C++, MySQL, HTML, and CSS.

What are you most proud of as your work as a developer? For Minecraft development, I am most proud of my recent work on a Meepcraft plugin that involved overhauling an existing plugin and expanding the scope of the original project. However, in all of my game dev experience, I am most proud of my GTA V FiveM framework. The framework involved secure money transfer (cheating was rampant), Discord integration (whitelisting, ranks) and more. The framework was not completed but the work I did was highly efficient and capable of handling high player counts.

How do you plan to enrich the experience of MeepCraft with your development contributions? I've always been frustrated with the eggplant experienced on Meepcraft and I'd like to help LordInateur and the rest of the development team work on the new API. My contributions will not only create new gameplay experiences for players but do so in a way that does not affect other aspects of gameplay, like performance. I find that I am able to collaborate well with others and produce great work at a fast pace and hope to put that towards new developments on the server.

Do you have a GitHub account or personal website? If so, please provide the link(s) here. neirbonhoj - Overview

Meznik, IzzSt, Natsu and 5 others like this.