1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Tech Application from arif240

Discussion in 'Denied' started by smeef, Apr 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smeef

smeef Popular Meeper

Member Name smeef

Additional In Game Names: smeef240, arif240

How old are you? 22

Do you have Discord? yeah

How many hours per day do you spend on Meepcraft? (average) 1

Have you ever been a Tech on a different server? I've worked on a server of my own before

References: Please give IGN's Fuzzlr
    jcbetro

Introduction: I used to play and moderate on this server a while ago. I want to work on some side projects, and I thought of meep one day, and here we are.

Please describe your experience as a developer. I've went through formal CS courses in college and worked on a few Bukkit plugins. I also have some web dev experience, mainly with React.

What programming languages are you familiar with? Java, C++, SQL, JavaScript, React, HTML, CSS

What are you most proud of as your work as a developer? I would say the little bit of joy that comes with making progress from a blank file to a well ordered set of instructions. Implementing a feature that I want to see added motives me to get it done, and get it done right by testing and making sure its production ready.

How do you plan to enrich the experience of MeepCraft with your development contributions? I have the skills to develop Spigot plugins, but I could also work on any future web dev for the main site. I would need to work with at least 2-3 other developers, but I think the main meepcraft.com site needs a remodel.

Do you have a GitHub account or personal website? If so, please provide the link(s) here. arif-banai - Overview

Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
  2. VKL_ReWinDzz

VKL_ReWinDzz Celebrity Meeper

knows what he is doing and could help meepcraft greatly +1

GroovyGrevous and Pmx728 like this.
  3. Tigressnerd

Tigressnerd Celebrity Meeper

good kid, great dev, +1

Pmx728 likes this.
  4. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

Foolish to say no. +1

GroovyGrevous and smeef like this.
  5. Toostenheimer

Toostenheimer Legendary Meeper

yes yes yes +1

smeef likes this.
  6. jcbetro1011

jcbetro1011 Celebrity Meeper

Known him for like 8 years. He is very experienced and he would benefit the server immensely with his knowledge.

+1

smeef likes this.
  7. Bloopers

Bloopers Celebrity Meeper

funny smeef man code programs

+1

smeef likes this.
  8. IFartOnChilren

IFartOnChilren Celebrity Meeper Elder

I've known Arif for years. He's extremely smart and dedicated to projects that he works on and he'd be an awesome addition to the tech team.

smeef likes this.
  9. RYANISMANAME

RYANISMANAME Popular Meeper

He'll make your server dank but he might steal your wife in the process +1

smeef likes this.
  10. LordInateur

LordInateur Deus Ex Machina Staff Member Administrator

This one was kind of a tough decision because I had gone back-and-forth on it for a while. In the end, we've decided to not move forward at this moment with an interview for Tech--but I would encourage you to stick around ComDev and keep with it because there's always the possibility that we would consider another app from you in the future. If you have any questions, please reach out to me on Discord, and I'd be happy to talk to you about some of the factors behind our decision.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.