1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Stop Screwing Around

Discussion in 'Denied' started by smk, Sep 17, 2015.

1. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

You guys made a terrible decision a long while ago regarding skyblock donor perks. You removed them when the community playing it wanted otherwise.

Want to say I'm being harsh, or unjust? Look at the player count, much less in skyblock as a whole. Quite a bunch of donors have quit the server because of this, thus making the world empty. Even the people who want to make money don't go there, because there is no one to even sell their items to.

I ask you one more question to bring back donor perks in skyblock.

Would you rather have a fair skyblock, where you have no players, or a skyblock with donor perks where you actually have quality people playing?

2. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Solution: Two skyblocks

Fake skyblock with perks

Real skyblock with a challenge

3. Jadeybear7

Jadeybear7 Popular Meeper

I basically left skyblock because of this, all of my tools/armour I have are at 0 durability from /fix being removed

WarriorHeart likes this.
  4. leodavinci9000

leodavinci9000 Popular Meeper

Donor perks did need to be fixed, but this was definitely not the way to do it.
    +1

5. Draqq

Draqq beans on toast

Or have perks toggleable upon creation of a new island

6. benster82

benster82 Celebrity Meeper

I agree with this, it would prevent us from having to create two sb worlds. It should say in bold in the chat whether it has perks enabled or not.

7. kwagscraft

kwagscraft Celebrity Meeper

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Anvil

Metzy, zsuzsu1 and SirCallow like this.
  8. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

We went over this in the original town hall meeting, and a mini town hall hosted by epick a few hours later (the latest one)
    Pretty much everyone there agreed with the staff, mind you

They said SB was supposed to be a challenge - and this is why you don't have perks. SB is a minigame. You don't have /fix or /fly there, just like you don't have /fix or /fly in kit, boomo, TNT run...
    If you want to play SB with your donor perks, donate for them on another MC server?
    There is an issue that all item's durability was put to 1, like if I gave an exclusive a /fix'd item in towny. That DOES need to be fixed.

An option someone talked about was 1 /fix a day, 5 mins of /fly, things like that, or a discount at the shops.

9. Draqq

Draqq beans on toast

I explained in a pretty lengthy post about this a while back, but forgot which thread it was on. Sure the idea of Skyblock was originally to be a challenge back when Minecraft was in it's barebones state and it was pretty fun then; until skyblock advanced what it is today. Not everyone wants it to be a challenge, some people just like to build an island for the fun of it or to try build the best island without any complications and others want the challenge, it's entirely down to what the players like and from most people I've heard from they preferred the perks in Skyblock as it gave them a nice, easy and chilled server to play on without the need for all the Towny economics. Why would you take that away from the players who enjoyed that? may as well just ban them from the server because look what happened, they all left - causing skyblock to die. Skyblock isn't just some 5 minute mini-game such as boomo or infected it's near enough just as big as towny in some ways or another.

God, no..that's the worst mindset a business should ever have and if that's what the staff are thinking they may as well just close that server - why would anyone just chuck away their customers like that?

and tell me, what about the customers who specifically purchased perks just for SKYBLOCK is the server just taking their money away just like that..where does it say anywhere on the donation page that these perks are specifically for towny?[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

10. Ace

Ace Celebrity Meeper

[​IMG] http://imgur.com/IQgvIFp
    This photo shows the current leader board. This hasn't changed for over two months and possibly 3 months now. It hasn't changed since the removal of /fix. Don't you think it's a bad move?

"Everyone" who probably doesn't even play Skyblock lmao. You keep telling us that this removes challenge yet I don't see you play Skyblock. Sure you played Skyblock in this server but for how long? Maybe 30 minutes? Is that really enough for you to decide whether perks should be removed or not? I don't even see you in the leader board lol.

And again... The dumb argument. Completely different gamemodes being compared. Good job. Let's see the objective of the "minigames" that you mentioned.
    • Kitpvp - Kill Players (PVP)
    • Boomo - Kill Players using bombs (pretty much like a bomber man)
    • TNT Run - Run around till the other players fall to their deaths (Much like Spleef)
    SKYBLOCK - Survive, build an Island, leader board, and much more stuff to do.

So tell me my dear, does kitpvp, boomo, or tntrun need /fix? or /fly? No. This is because they are minigames that doesn't require you a lot of time to play, just like Ohdraqq said. Skyblock on the other hand, does it need /fly? No. Does it need /fix? Probably. Considering we're not getting resources that we need to keep building up our island then I'll say yes.

You've done a really good job telling players to go to another server and donate there. Keep doing this and the server that you're playing on will die out sooner. :D

You see here, the removal of fix removed a lot of players. It also removed the competitiveness between players considering the photo that I provided.

11. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

You act like this townhall meeting means much?May I ask who was present?I had to eat for 5 minutes during the big townhall meeting and of course it had to come up in those 5 minutes so I couldn't contribute..

Think I have said this before, the decision you made itsnt doing anything good. You made he epeople who enjoy skyblock leave. If skyblock didn't have perks in the first place you wouldn't have over a thousand dollars in donations.

Regarding the, "try another mc server" wtf is the logic behind that answer. You are telling us to go to other servers? Well, too late. 80% of the community is already gone (skyblock community).

Back to the donate on another server. You are really freaking mistaken in saying that sentence at all. You want my honesty, I never would have donated here at all if skyblock commands weren't a thing. Telling me to go and donate to another server is like saying, leave because we don't want to deal with you. Frankly, I don't think disagreeing with a portion of our community at this point (with lower player counts than usual), is a good idea.

zsuzsu1, SJP, Toostenheimer and 2 others like this.
  12. Legocreator2013

Legocreator2013 Popular Meeper

+1 Even though I think Skyblock was not successful as a whole and should just be removed all together.

13. Muunkee

Apologies, I meant, if you don't like the server, don't play.

At least 2 supers, an admin, several mods, most of the helpers, and about 50 other people if not more.

14. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

Let me correct myself, What people were at the small townhall meeting?

metr0n0me likes this.
  15. Muunkee

Megan, Epick, me, couple people I don't remember. I believe there was another 1 or two ults, but I can't remember the names.

16. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

To have a fair discussion regarding this, were there any supporters to the side myself and ace take? And do you consider who you are affecting with these decisions. You are plenty fine changing stuff for a game you hardly play. Was there anyone there that is really, truly experienced in skyblock other than Megan there? I would suggest someone like a shop owner, to get that point of view, a top 10 island, and at least to radicalists (one of each side). From what it looks like to me, we had a "let's do what we want" and it didn't end well.

I do have a slightly scrutinizing question for you, Monkee. Are you happy the perks were removed? I haven't seen you play after they were removed, or in fact, anyone rise in player count for skyblock.

So, although your idea is "skyblock" is it good for the community. Because, the skyblock before the need had usually around 20 people, I think I've seen a high of four recently. The point is, is it really worth it to make a game what it should be when people like the other way better.

I like to think of this as chocolate. When someone offers you chocolate you accept (if you know them) and eat it (don't get technical and go, I don't like chocolate; just think about this). Now you taste the tart cocoa in chocolate instead of the sweet, milky kind. Most people want the milk chocolate, sweet and all, but we are creating chocolate, so we are making the tart cocoa chocolate (because that is chocolate).

zsuzsu1 and metr0n0me like this.
  17. Ace

Ace Celebrity Meeper

I doubt every single one of these people agreed to remove /fix in skyblock.

metr0n0me likes this.
  18. Muunkee

Don't play here doesn't mean haven't played?
    I haven't played it in like 2 years but I did play it
    (god damn you people can't read when I type that...)

There was 1 strong supporter (don't remember), megan and epick were discussing things like 1 free /fix a day for a certain rank (we'll say elite) and having a /fix sign that costs some amount of SB coins, probably determined as that was implemanted and the eco started working.

I do agree with the perk removal, I think SB should be pretty much vanilla with the exception of challenges, the /c, and maybe a more limited /spawner for a higher rank like supreme/ult (hostile mobs only) due to the fact that there's spawners anyway and /spawner affects little in the case of simply hostile mobs. A very limited donor system, a donor shop, smaller perks, yes.

Maybe some of us like both. Maybe some of us want the option. I'd be a big supporter of either you able to have 2 islands, 1 with donor perks 1 not, or have a toggle option when you start that island ''Do you want to be able to use donor perks, yes/no''

does every single one of them need to agree to remove it before it can be removed?
    The response doesn't have to be unanimous and it is ultimately the higher up's decisions, suck up to them.

Sorry I responded to these out of order, I'm a wee sleepy and responded to how I read it.

19. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

Only regarding the last quote responding to ace.

The thing is, not everyone agreed to remove it either. The main "uppers" at the townhall meeting were Klutch, regales, and Phoenix. I've talked with regales and Phoenix about this a long while ago (like soon after the town hall meeting) and each were content to compromise.

I don't know if I was the only one, but I got the impression shain was running the meeting, and he isn't an upper staff. So you can't really say he has the final (truly final) say.

I don't see why fix was removed to begin with. Staff wanted feed and heal removed, and the community hated their decision. And staff acted before compromising resulting in a lot of people quitting. I'm all for a world of both choice, but I brought that up it went kind of silent.

Mentioning the shop for sb and the economy. I have talked to some tech, and sb shop has been top list priority for over a month, not even touched. We only have the temporary shop Diana allowed us to have after the townhall meeting.

metr0n0me and Ace like this.
  20. Ace

Ace Celebrity Meeper

That is not what I'm trying to imply my dear.

This is what you said earlier. If you actually read the votes on the thread that smkorpi made, the majority of the community voted for /fix to stay. This shows us that you believing that "pretty much everyone there agreed" is full of crap.

You always say this when you have no logical answer for us. How about give us an answer that justifies your vote and not just assumptions?

More importantly;
    You're telling us here that you haven't played Skyblock for a very long time. Then who are you to vote for the system that you didn't have any participation for about 2 years?

metr0n0me likes this.