1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

STATE OF SYRIA

Discussion in 'Debates' started by Kling, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

I'd like to know your opinion on the Syrian war and recent news of situations or events. I hope to see there will be mixed views that collide. A few specifics could be:
    • Each oppositions War crimes, are they justified
    • Are Western countries truly helping or making matters worse
    • News of Syria, opinion on recent happenings
    • Your view on the likely outcome of Post Assad

riri30 and GroovyGrevous like this.
  2. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

War Crimes are generally never justified.

If you are referring to America's presence there - Neither, we're not there to help but to disrupt Russian influence as much as we can, while fermenting chaos both Assad / Russia has to deal with. This part is working

We cannot let outright chemical attacks on a population to go without some response. The response was adequate in my opinion, we're limited to what we can do.

There will be no post Assad. As long as Russia there Assad will remain in power. Russia has been there since the 70s and have been allies with the Assad family in general. In some event Assad is killed or deposed, Russia will prop up another person in order to ensure stability of their bases and port.

cooey, riri30, Zesk and 1 other person like this.
  3. twomoo1119

twomoo1119 Celebrity Meeper

Idk...

But that missile strike is 30 cents out of your taxes

4. CompletePotato

CompletePotato Popular Meeper

my only response- bad.

but guys, you gotta think-

there is no legitimate proof that the russians and syrians did a single chemical attack,

if so find me proof.

5. CompletePotato

think

ok so maybe russia did a chemical attack, but there still is room for the thing everyone is asking for-

proof

secondly-

really.

do you think it's a good idea to send missiles to a place killing more civilians than a chemical attack.

100 missiles.

1 chem attack if there was one.

choose which one you want your people to be subjected to.

i would rather choose chem attack because what if you see 100 missiles raining from the sky- wow that's a lot of fun boom 2,000 people dead wow so cool lets do it again.

no

and really do you want war with russia

think about the term- "mutuallly assured distruction"

for all you idiots who think we can win a war with russia, you're dumb.

nuclear missile= 50,000 people dead

200 nuclear missile= no more united states

us+russia= rip world

6. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

So, this post is pretty inaccurate. If I had to make an assumption, I would assume you don't know what you are talking about.

1) You won't see the proof because you don't have clearance for classified information and are not involved in the agencies looking at this to determine the guilty party. Experts at the state department, UN and various other governments are pretty confident that they have the right party. What qualification do you have which would allow you to question their expertise?

2) We had to respond on some level and missiles were the best choice we had which would not lead to escalation. We know this absolutely because Russia did not interfere with the missile strikes what-so-ever. Failure to respond to outright chemical attacks only give other tinpot dictators an excuse to do so.

3) Additionally, I do not believe there were any civilian casualties with this strike.

4) Nobody is making the case to declare war on Russia. If they do, they are as dumb as this post.

cooey, alex77034 and Marthacuddles like this.
  7. MeepLord27

MeepLord27 Popular Meeper

nobody thinks russia did a chemical attack. Have you read a single article other than Mike Cernovich to arrive at your conclusion?

8. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Of course not. Why should you wait to know what you are talking about before opening your mouth and betraying your ignorance on a topic?

9. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

You are literally buying into Russian propaganda hook, line and sinker.

Evidence shows Syria 'attacked own people with chemical weapons', say US, UK and France

French report lays out the evidence: Assad forces conducted chemical attack on civilians

US says it has proof Assad's regime carried out Douma gas attack

Syria chemical attack: State department confirmed Syrian government behind gas attack today - CBS News

France has proof Syrian government conducted chemical weapons...

Bloopers likes this.
  10. Bloopers

Bloopers Celebrity Meeper

umm... i'm pretty sure there is like a lot of proof. i saw on the news yesterday videos of the syrians running through the city and trying to figure out where to go through all of this white cloud gas stuff. you cant see very far through it and apparently it smells like chlorine. then there are videos of them washing themselves off with a hose after they've run out of it, but chances are it's too late because they've breathed it in.

what about the spy poisoning? the UK has plenty of evidence to show that its the russians doing. for one, its a russian chemical that they identified.

i'm not going to go and find the videos because its sorta silly that i would have to, because its for sure that they've happened and they're using it on their own people.

11. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

12. GroovyGrevous

GroovyGrevous Break hearts not blocks

the whole thing with Syria is the both the Russians and Americans want the gas

13. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Incorrect.

Russia/America/Saudi Arabia are the top 3 oil producing nations in the world. Russia provides Europe with about 1/3 of it's gas (natural) and oil.

14. MeepLord27

Warning (language)
    AJ with some hard hitting foreign policy analysis .

15. CompletePotato

lol everyone is so triggered and there are so many comments i cant even read them all

16. Kachess

Kachess Celebrity Meeper

There's like three comments, how hard is it?

MeepLord27 likes this.
  17. Bloopers

lol u trigrd mate

dont be ignorant, there are many many sources with proof. even videos from the syrian citizens themselves. this is like denying that 9/11 happened or something. the US didn't just attack syria just cuz lol memes oil there invade invade conquer. no. the attack was EXTREMELY planned out just like all of the other attacks any nation would do like this. the targets were specific places like chemical weapons manufacturing facilities etc. it wasn't attacking civilians, they actually did this to protect the syrian civilians from their own darn diddly damned government

18. MeepLord27

The US doesn’t care about the suffering of civilians. Syria bombs civilians all type time, the US just got triggered cause they used chemical weapons.

19. Bloopers

i think this debate cant be taken seriously anymore

of course the US cares about the civilians... that's the ENTIRE POINT OF WANTING THEM TO STOP THE CHEMICAL WEAPONS. they're mad that the chemical weapons were used, yes, but they're even more angry that they were used on innocent people!

20. MeepLord27

lol the US bombs way more civilians than syria could hope to kill with gas. Their chemicals weapons killed around 40 people, in a single month the US-led coalition killed around 225 civilians. The US is just using civilian deaths as a way to stir up public support for another imperialist war that makes defense contractors rich.